NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

I'd like to see a gym with truly random Pokemon. Okay they may have a roster of say 30, but the ones they pick are random from that. Would add a bit of spice.

Love this idea!

I would like to see the HMs sorted out. Over the years there have been too many added that are pretty much useless. Also when using something like CUT I would like the thing to stay chopped down and not have to use it again when leaving the screen and coming back again! I hate having to carry a HM slave around on my team. :mad:

I'd like to see a gym with truly random Pokemon. Okay they may have a roster of say 30, but the ones they pick are random from that. Would add a bit of spice.

What I liked about DP wasn't that the Pokémon were of a certain type persay, but the moves they used were such as Candice having a Fighting/Psychic type and Volkner having things like Ambipom. That changed things up a bit, but they regressed in Plat

Is it still necessary to have a grid system? I understand for now the dpad makes this slightly easier but in the days when handheld analogue sticks become the norm surely they are going to change this. Up down left right.?

But that would basically make it into a Battle Tower battle. Plus you'll only really battle the Gym Leader once or twice (or more if your having problems :P) so you wouldn't really see the whole roster. It would be better during rematches if they had a random roster though.

Up down left right.?

A START.

Edited by Ike

So ok are ye going to get this game if it features similiar graphics and just adds 100 new pokemon?

Wishlist:

You don't play as some 10 year old kid who's goal is to get 8 badges and beat the elite 4. I'd like to experience the world of pokemon from a different perspective, but using the same system, not like games like ranger where they change all the rules ect. Especially since this will be the third set of games on the DS, I'd at least like something new.

Larger more open world. Not quite to the point of the Bethesda RPGs, but I'd like a little bit more choice as to what I do.

All pokemon catchable in the one game. No event pokemon, no exclusives. At least have what would have been event pokemon avaliable as DLC.

No legendaries as part of the main story. They should be in the game, but as hard to find secrets.

In reality these games are designed by game designers. If they're any good at what they do, they should be able to make changes to the formula and be able to re-balance the game afterwards.

Quite remarkable this thread lacks one of these comments: 'AW, NOT AGAIN!!!! NOT MORE POKEMON!!!!!'

It just goes to show that when discussing a new pokémon game, endless possibilities spring to mind.

AND WE ALL LOVE IT:heart:

Ummm...

My biggest hope is they don't invent another 100 Pokémon. It's becoming ridiculous and boring, the vast majority of the new ones are terrible in appearance. I also dislike how every 'family' is being changed into a 3 tier evolution. Magmar and Electabuzz were cooler on their lonesome.

Im with Ramar on this one. There are far too many useless Pokemon now and the amount of legendaries kicking about has made them less special.

Gaf were discussing the 5th gen the other week and one person suggested a reboot of the series, give it a fresh start. I loved the idea.

They need to revamp it I feel. Otherwise it will simply look they are churning the same old stuff to make more money.

I don't really know what I'd want like a lot of you have ideas, but I don't want, 550234234 pokemon. New starter pokemon, a rival, collect badges go to indigo plateau equivalent. Collect all 43482389 pokemon.

Also stop spewing out the legendaries like they as common as a pidgey. Crazy.

But that would basically make it into a Battle Tower battle. Plus you'll only really battle the Gym Leader once or twice (or more if your having problems :P) so you wouldn't really see the whole roster. It would be better during rematches if they had a random roster though.

That's my point. I don't want to see them all. I don't want the option of knowing what type of Pokemon to bring in, nor do I want to be able to look at a guide :heh: As you say, more akin to Battle Towers. Gym leaders are meant to be difficult but providing you have the right Pokemon its a peace of piss.

Ummm...

That's my point. I don't want to see them all. I don't want the option of knowing what type of Pokemon to bring in, nor do I want to be able to look at a guide :heh: As you say, more akin to Battle Towers. Gym leaders are meant to be difficult but providing you have the right Pokemon its a peace of piss.

You have a desire to make my life hell haven't you :p

I'd like to see a change in how the Gyms work, with the introduction of some new rules to make things a little tougher and to really test your battling skills.

My proposed gym rules would include:

1) You can't use items inside the gym, neither can the gym trainers/leader

2) No way to avoid gym trainer battles.

3) Special rules for some gyms, ie no switches, only a set number of pokemon allowed in a gym,

So ok are ye going to get this game if it features similiar graphics and just adds 100 new pokemon?

I don't give 2 flying hoots about graphics, if they wanted to, they can go backwards and make it look like a NES game for all I care, I just want a game that's fun and addictive, thats all I care about, and so far Pokemon has always been doing that.

You have a desire to make my life hell haven't you :p

Yes. It is my one goal in life :heh:

(yeah but we all know you would just access the game and find out the Pokemon included)

Yes. It is my one goal in life :heh:

(yeah but we all know you would just access the game and find out the Pokemon included)

Yeah but the pages would be huge

I meant it more in the sense that people absolutely don't want another pokémon game.

Yet here we are, stating our demands and hoping the next installment will be god's little gift for earth once more.

Edited by Fused King

I meant it more in the sense that people absolutely don't want another pokémon game.

Yet here we are, stating our demands and hoping the next installment will be god's little gift to earth once more.

Hell, I'd be happy with a few extra features and another 100 Pokémon. : peace: It is good to know that they seem to be making it drastically different to previous games though.

Not exactly breaking. I reported on it on my site on Friday & Saturday

yeah but it is news.

I really want them to introduce a new stat - Intelligence. You could take your pokemon to a school to improve the stat and learn specific tactics. Then have special battles arenas where you just send out your team and they battle automatically. Pokemon with high stats would be more sensible using items/healing moves and would use moves appropriate to their opponents' type for instance.

Just a little thought!

I dont want them to start fresh that mean Pikachu well be gone I dont want that becuse he is my best Pokemon ever.

I really want them to introduce a new stat - Intelligence. You could take your pokemon to a school to improve the stat and learn specific tactics.

Think of Slowpoke! Oh dear god! What horrors do you evoke?

The game would end before it manages to learn anything!

Joking aside, really wish they would mix things up a bit, its essentially been the same game since red/blue/green (on the surface at least).

Yay, your a trainer, get first pokemon, rival battle, explore a bit and bad guys pop up with some vague plot to steal pokemon, gyms, elite four(or similar).

I'm probably going to get my head bitten off for that aren't I?

I did like that in one of them you were friends, rather than rivals (P/D?). Was a slightly nice change. Plus, nice to cut down on the hate. Maybe the next one you can be lovers...if they make the characters 18...

Pokemon Adult Version! You can drink and gamble (although you gamble anyway don't you) and lose fights due to intoxication. Would be awesome. The new tech they're developing could be a breathaliser :p