NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Legit shinies are highly sought after by Pokémaniacs due to their rarity, they're sort of like trophies in people's collections. Unfortunately, hackers have made them a bit less special. I hope Nintendo sort this out with the 5th gen, but we'll probably have to wait till the next handheld before Nintendo come up with a hack-proof game...

EDIT: This is in response to Ell on the last page, I didn't realise I wasn't up to date in the thread. :heh:

I haven't played a game since Silver so I don't really know.

Might not get this after it seemingly just being yet more pokemon to capture.

Come on creators, give me something different!

I haven't played a game since Silver so I don't really know.

Might not get this after it seemingly just being yet more pokemon to capture.

Come on creators, give me something different!

Wouldn't them not adding new Pokémon constitute as not doing something different but rather giving the same as before?

I think he means he wants them to change the game in a more innovative way. Adding pokemon barely makes the game any different from the previous ones. Actually innovating, and having you do something different than in the past games would change the games. Obviously not adding pokemon and just giving us the same exact games again wouldn't be something different, but actually making the games truly different from the others is what people are really getting at here.

That's what the spin off games are for. You wouldnt want such a drastic change in Mario games or Zelda games

However, the main games have drastic changes between each gen

Edited by Serebii

I'll put it this way, most people want similar gameplay, as in you're actually a pokemon trainer, who actually catches pokemon, but they don't want to play nearly the exact same game every few years.

Every single one of the main pokemon games has been about some 10 year old kid who acquires either a grass, fire, or water type pokemon, and a pokedex from a professor. You then set out to get all 8 gym badges for the region so you can challenge the elite 4. On you journeys you run into operatives from a major criminal organization who you single handedly take out, and as you're traveling to get more and more badges, you manage to compleatly destroy this gang. Once you get all 8 badges you go through a cave called victory road, and once you get through that, you can challenge 4 people, and once you beat them, some person you've met on your journeys comes and challenges you, once you beat him, you've beaten the game, and you proceed to collect all the pokemon (among other things).

You make the comparison between Zelda and Mario too. While there are a number of zelda games that follow a consistent formula in the Zelda series, the Zelda team has managed to throw in the odd game that was different from the others. Just look at Majora's Mask, or Zelda II. And while Mario does follow a similar formula in terms of story, the teams that have worked on Mario games tend to throw in enough new gameplay elements, for instance, a glorified water gun, or messed up gravity, ect. There's always something new to wow at in a new Mario game.

The same cannot be said for Pokemon. Yes, there are new additions to each game, like the contests, or breeding, ect. But since they haven't changed the gameplay at all, it would be nice if they could change something else just to make it feel like a new game.

See, the thing is, they can't win

They tried changing things up with Colosseum & XD, but there was nothing but complaints such as "I want 8 gyms" yadda yadda

Genius Sonority != gamfreak.

The problem was the gamecube RPGs weren't actually good games. They were just so limited. There was no exploration, or anything like that. When you change a game, you still need to keep the good things about it, the things that make it what it is. Pokemon has always been, at it's core, about going on an adventure, and Genius Sonority just didn't get that.

Obviously I want more pokemon, but what Emasher said. A slightly different take on the series rather than a depleted formula. And I don't want the final challenge to simply be the last game + 100 more pokemon to capture. Stoopid.

I just want them to let us have LOADS of Pokemon to capture, rather than make us wait to beat the game with the shits we're allowed THEN give us the Pokeradar to use...

Don't have all 67899 in one game fine, but have most available in the main game.

20100303_ohasuta_filmposter_klein.jpg

Phantom Champion Zoroark Movie Trailer Pokemon GEN 5 (Zorua and Zoroark)

Phantom Champion Zoroark

Japanese Variety Show, Oha Suta, has just aired in Japan. This show contained some new details on the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark and aired the first trailer. This trailer is to be placed on the Official Site this weekend as well as airing within Pokémon Sunday on Sunday morning. The trailer didn't reveal much but did show Zorua & Zoroark's involvement within the movie and confirms Zoroark is the Phantom Champion and poses as Ash, Entei, Raikou & Suicune as it and Zorua attack a city. However, it's likely that as with previous movie trailers, a lot of the scenes may not be in the final movie. I've added some pictures to our current Movie 13 page. I'll update the pictures when we get a higher quality version of the trailer later this week. Click the picture to go to the page. For those of you who want to see it, our friends at Filb have a stream

Edited by Dante

As we know, the new games are said to be revealled in the next issue of CoroCoro, due out on the 15th of this month. However, the first details about the Pokémon Sunday episode airing on April 11th state that they're going to reveal the games in a "shock announcement" in the episode. Normally, we get CoroCoro leaks before or around the 11th so it'll be curious to see which releases the news first. We'll keep you updated the second the news is announced so keep checking back.

From my site

As we know, the new games are said to be revealled in the next issue of CoroCoro, due out on the 15th of this month. However, the first details about the Pokémon Sunday episode airing on April 11th state that they're going to reveal the games in a "shock announcement" in the episode. Normally, we get CoroCoro leaks before or around the 11th so it'll be curious to see which releases the news first. We'll keep you updated the second the news is announced so keep checking back.

From my site

Cool thanks for the info I cant wait.

Looking at the same topic over on Gaf someone was kind enough to post some sweet Eevee evolutions they would like to see. Being I sucker for the Eevee forms I think they look great. Remember these ain't official Pokemon ( looks at canand ) just what some fan would like to see in the next game.

Screenshot2010-03-30at60602PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60610PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60615PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60621PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-30at60627PM.png

Screenshot2010-04-05at122239PM.png

Screenshot2010-04-05at122254PM.png

Screenshot2010-04-05at122301PM.png

Good lord they are bad ass. I hope we get at least another two Eevees. Maybe a normal evolution using the shiney stone or something? And definitely Poison and Steel.

Poison and Steel are the only two that stun from them.

I'm not really interested in more Eevees. It'll just be annoying to get them all, but the novelty wears off after a while.

A normal evolution could be cool though, just to add jokes.

Can I ask because I find it hard to keep up with this thread?

Are they axing generation 1-4 for this 5th generation?

Or are they going to pile it on again?

I;ve just been hearing rumours from people, and I'm kinda curious.

Well I don't believe they've said anything official but I doubt they would. Or at least I doubt they'd axe all.

When RS came out, there was no way to get 184 of the old Pokémon. This was HATED by people.

They're not going to make that mistake again

That's what the spin off games are for. You wouldnt want such a drastic change in Mario games or Zelda games

However, the main games have drastic changes between each gen

you do have a point there. The only real zelda game that deviated from the formula since OOT was its sequel MM. I do understand that MM was stripped down since the DD was cancelled but it was still a great game, but fans complained about it!

It is very difficult to change a game series and keep the core fans happy.

But pokemon has barely changed at all since red and blue. I understand that it doesn't NEED to be changed cause it sells bucket loads regardless but A little innovation wouln't kill it..

When RS came out, there was no way to get 184 of the old Pokémon. This was HATED by people.

They're not going to make that mistake again

Ya i thought this might happen.

Kinda double edged sword isn't it. They don't want to lose the more popular original 150 pokemon but honestly though enough is enough don't you think?

No I don't think enough is enough. 493 things aren't hard to remember, I can do it easily. (Though that could just be because I'm brilliant and have a near eidetic memory)

Chances are it'll be like DP. They'll have a Region-specific Pokédex which has most of the new ones and a few old ones, then later you get access to the rest.

I don't get why people want them to remove Pokémon. What possible reason is there to remove them? If you don't like them, don't use them. It's as simple as that.

I hope Pokermanz go forever and ever and ever.

Or until we get an evolved Scizor.

Plus we're epicly overdue for evolved Pinsir and Heracross.

Actually what I want is specific Pokermanz that you get from breeding specific Pokemon, e.g. a Pinsir, Heracross hybrid that you get from breeding a Pinsir and Heracross.

I hope Pokermanz go forever and ever and ever.

Or until we get an evolved Scizor.

I don't really see that happen. A Pre-evolved Scyther may happen, but not an evolution of Scizor. It's too badass to evolve