NEurope

Yes. But I understand if money is tight and you need more functionality it may seem a bit pointless. But I think it's going to be great.

Great for these reasons, which no one commented on. Do people dispute the followingL

- Fist and formost, I think this will be the way we interact with computers into the future - browsing websites/apps and the iWorks demonstration show me that it will be fantastic

- It is great for casual people. People like my mum - who uses her laptop for looking at pictures, going on the web and checking emails. Perfect. The only issue is you STILL need a main PC to put everything on it...but still....

- This device is probably the best portable device for watching films. Better than the iphone, better than laptops and MP4 players, better than anything

- This device looks a great way to view pictures, organising your pictures etc. The fact it turns into a digital photoframe when you charge it up is also a great feature

- This device looks like it will be the best way to BROWSE the web. The idiotic lack of flash stops it from being the best web experience though

- I think it will be an absolutely fantastic portable gaming device

- I think the app store is incredible and a lot of apps will be even better on the iPad. And the exclusive iPad apps I'm sure will be stunning

- I can browse the internet and check emails etc without a wifi connection

- I think the ibook store is a nice addition if not great

- I think it will be incredible for newspapers and magazines

- The maps application, which is brilliant on the iphone and blackberry. Looks even better on the iPad with Street View.

- It's pretty much tiny and light meaning it's WAY more portable than my laptop

I'd actually agree with most of that, except for a few things. Movies-wise the aspect ratio and codec support on many other devices are better. And for web-browsing they really need to give Safari Mobile the ability to load multiple tabs at once. Winds me up on the iPhone that I can't read one page while another loads.

Also (from one of your earlier posts) the price ain't gonna be £350. The US price is $499 before tax. Once VAT, import duty, shipping and other costs are taken in to account I'd bet on £450. Still a good price for those who can afford it, but it's hardly an essential enough product to warrant the cost.

On a slightly unrelated note; I could kill Apple for their iBook pricing. Publishers are rebelling against Amazon already and making moves to increase prices. It sucks.

Could it potentially be because they need to use a smaller more costly chip somewhere else to make room for the 3G card?

Maybe. It'd seem like a bit of a waste of money on Apple's part though. Most devices tend to have an empty space inside where the 3G module would go.

Edited by McPhee

Would you like me to break down my witticism in to points?

Er, what are you talking about?

.... Ok then i will ,

you said

I think I can end this whole thread in one phrase.

Get a Mac.

i just pointed out that

1. the thread Didn't end after that bombshell of a statement was made.

2. i think most people here have used a mac at some point, so they have a idea of what it has to offer, i know i use it at university for projects and stuff, but i wouldn't go out and buy one as i'm happier with my pc.

i think most people here have at least used a mac at some stage

Does that clarify my above statement enough?

Would you like me to break down my witticism in to points?

.... Ok then i will ,

you said

i just pointed out that

1. the thread Didn't end after that bombshell of a statement was made.

2. i think most people here have used a mac at some point, so they have a idea of what it has to offer, i know i use it at university for projects and stuff, but i wouldn't go out and buy one as i'm happier with my pc.

Does that clarify my above statement enough?

Hahahaha! Oh dear newbie, you obviously haven't been around here long enough to get the joke.

No, can you break it down further for me, please?

Ya no prob, what part was most troubling?was it the word's, the sentences or just the comment as a whole? i can break it down further if you'd like?

Hahahaha! Oh dear newbie, you obviously haven't been around here long enough to get the joke.

It was a joke? oh right.... would you be able to explain it to me please?

Ya no prob, what part was most troubling?was it the word's, the sentences or just the comment as a whole? i can break it down further if you'd like?

I don't know, I just got a headache while reading it.

Felt a bit ill.

And vomited.

It's why I type in short sentences myself.

For my health you see.

Also, has anyone worked out why this thing has a compass yet?

I was only half-ranting before, I actually want to know why they've stuck a fucking compass in there without GPS.

I can only think that they might try and sell this at compass stores.

I don't know, I just got a headache while reading it.

Felt a bit ill.

And vomited.

It's why I type in short sentences myself.

For my health you see.

Also, has anyone worked out why this thing has a compass yet?

I was only half-ranting before, I actually want to know why they've stuck a fucking compass in there without GPS.

I can only think that they might try and sell this at compass stores.

Probably for shits and giggles,

I'll try to.

shorten my sentences.

more.

there.

:heh:

jokes are funny........

but anyway.

No offence but you REALLY come off as an elitist snob in a lot of the posts you make at times.

posts like. GET A MAC( a bad joke perhaps) I'M NOT EXPLAINING IVE DONE IT FOR 6 PAGES, NETBOOKS ARE SHIT. hahaha NEWBIE, you don't get the joke etc etc.

Semes that ever since you found out how disappointing the ipad is you've been on the extreme defence.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

Nice little article about apple fanboys lol. Maybe you've read it, I love maddox :)

Caris is the Boss, shut yo' mouth.

And stuff.

MCJ do you know why there is a compass?

Will someone please help me?

I need to know.

It's driving me insane.

I'm going to phone Apple.

Anyone have Oddjob's number?

posts like. GET A MAC( a bad joke perhaps)

I never said it was a good joke.

Semes that ever since you found out how disappointing the ipad is you've been on the extreme defence.

Sounds like how someone used to talk about the Wii.

MCJ do you know why there is a compass?

I imagine for Apps to take advantage of.

But how can any apps take advantage of a compass without a GPS?

Apart from...

...randomly looking north.

No idea, I'm not a games developer. But considering some of the amazing stuff people have came out with I have no doubt stuff will be used with it.

No idea, I'm not a games developer. But considering some of the amazing stuff people have came out with I have no doubt stuff will be used with it.

Are there any games currently out for the iPhone that only use the compass and not GPS?

If someone says a compass app then they're - probably right - but also retarded.

I don't know theres 140,000 apps, I haven't had a chance to check out every one yet.

Maybe it cost them virtually nothing to add so they just put one in? I don't know...

It just annoys me that they may have stuck something in that "virtually adds nothing", while charging over the odds for 3G to be stuck in.

Yeah I agree. *News Flash, Caris is about to say something negative about Apple!*

But yeah, they do charge way over the odds for some extras, I guess thats something we just have to live with.

In other news I decided today not to get a iPad and to get a refurbished Macbook instead, so that should be arriving at the weekend.

Can't wait. :)

...I decided today not to get a iPad and to get a refurbished Macbook instead, so that should be arriving at the weekend.

I'm trying to choose between the two. Macbook as more functionality, iPad is more portable/flashy/fun. I only need one to do a bit of typing/researching on the go, but I also have an iPhone. But the iPad is a lot cheaper... will someone decide for me?