N-Europe

Sega: We Probably Won't Do More Mature Titles For The Wii

Dante

F-Zero GX cause the series to die with only 300,981 worldwide sales and Amusement Vision is force on making Yakuza games.

that's because the game was completely and utterly ignored by nintendo's advertising team.

This and a stupidly kiddy look about the game.

F-zero gx was better than any wipeout game I ever played anyway.

And Myiamoto hated F-ZeroGX for whatever retarded reason.

probably the same reason he hated donkey kong country. A third or second party does nintendo better than nintendo..

he was involved in metroid prime 1 otherwise he probably would have complained about that as well.

my best guess :D

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

And Myiamoto hated F-ZeroGX for whatever retarded reason.

He was talking about F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.

"Yes, that has definitely happened. In the past we've worked with some outside development houses on titles like F-Zero and Starfox" he tells, "and let me just say that we were disappointed with the results. Consumers got very excited about the idea of those games, but the games themselves did not deliver."

Miyamoto called F-Zero GX the "true evolution of the F-Zero series", enhancing the simulation of racing at high speeds and expanding the "F-Zero world on a grand scale".

Edited by Dante

In the gamecubes time they really did try this and were actually starting to listen t third parties. They made deals with capcom for the capcom 5 which eventually turned into 1 but this is it. They asked third parties to make games for them. Capcom made a few handheld zelda titles that were very successful, sega made f-zero gx, link appeared in soul calibur 2

Their problem was they ignored western parties, but this gen they haven't done anything like this. I remember them saying they wanted to use third parties instead of second party like this and personally I thought the plan made sense even if the games wern't ALWAYS brilliant.

Why hasn't this been done now that nintendo has plenty more money? Why not ask sega to make an f-zero now? I can't understand.

Because GX sold like 47 copies worldwide. Plus they would have to think of a new excuse to keep the multiplayer offline.

He was talking about F-Zero: Maximum Velocity.

He DID say something about f-zero not working on the wii though. At least not with the wiimote probably put off releasing it because of this.

i think it's very likely we won't get an f-zero for the wii.

Because GX sold like 47 copies worldwide. Plus they would have to think of a new excuse to keep the multiplayer offline.

forget fzero. i mean in general. F-zero didn't sell badly because of the quality of the game that's for sure.

I think it's very likely we won't get an f-zero for the wii.

When Nintendo did their re-hash of GC games for Wii games considered classics should have been first on their list...

I'd have bought F-Zero GX all over again. Just to remind me how much of a pussy's game Wipeout HD is. :weep:

This bleating from this 'somebody' at SEGA is bullshit. He's probably had his Knuckles rapped (no echidnas were raped) too. It's a shame devs. feel that a certain title is the barometer for success but ever since Red Steel developers have played it safe in light-gun or re-hash mode.

They only have themselves to blame. Dante posted some great quotes earlier (naturally ;)) and as was stated, third parties house a responsibility for the markets they inhabit too. It's easy to sit back and admit defeat and blame Nintendo along the way when arguably Nintendo created the new market and have done well to knock out a few classics on the way.

Some gamers slate Nintendo now for the lack of software options on Wii. Nintendo don't have to ensure third parties make software. Nintendo have to ensure they produce hardware that will sell and software that will be of good enough quality to ensure this is the case. Nintendo should look after number one. We should be glad they do. We don't want another SEGA. Sure 3rd party relations should be mutual business partnerships and Nintendo have made efforts to establish such measures but remember: Other businesses are out for their own means too.

Gamers look back to Nintendo fondly from the GC era but it was a similar 3rd party situation then. (With similar complaining from Nintendo gamers.) Perhaps with hindsight gamers will look back on Nintendo's Wii output with respect that they actually flew in the face of convention.

Edited by tapedeck

I agree with what you say tape deck & quotes from Dante. But there were certain features of the cube that held it back in some regards and once again it was down to decisions taken by nintendo.

With the wii the thing that is holding it back from getting more multi platform releases isn't the controller but the capabilities of the box. But I'm glad that for the most part games aren't hindered as much by making the graphics to a standard that will run on the PS2.

With the Cube it was on par with other consoles, but the content medium didn't have much storage space. Plus nintendo didn't think too much of online, and it was left to fans to make the most of it (Warp pipe project, warppipe.com rip)

I seriously loved burnout 3, and black to name a few. But even without the online elements I don't think those games would fit on a single 1.5GB disc. But that isn't to say the Gamecube didn't have much third party support, because even towards the end of its life time it still got some mutiplatform third party releases. (going off on a wing here: THUG 2, Prince of persia TT, Second sight, Red dead revolver, Fifa and some were even US only like lego star wars)

I just think that nintendo is always stuck in this "eh it should be enough mentality" putting out the Gamecube broadband adapter but then limiting it to using only a handful of games. (Phantasy star online and homeland you can probably think of more) Or otherwise limiting that further to LAN.

It sounds like that after Sega has come out saying this, capcom have jumped on the band wagon too.

I think nintendo can still turn things around. But I might be one of those situations where they once again have to lead by example. Because remember no one wanted to give the Wii the time of day before. I just think since Sony and Microsoft are touting their doppelgängers certain companies are putting nails in the coffin.

It sounds like that after Sega has come out saying this, capcom have jumped on the band wagon too.

Now I could live with SEGA having this attitude. There aren't that many games you can say that they've made in the last few years that have been anything above mega average.

But Capcom...

Now that's really disheartening.

And all because a bunch of light-gun games didn't sell enough in their first few weeks of release. =/

I guess it's easier for these companies to blame Nintendo and its userbase rather than to admit they made the first mistake when thinking we'd be much happier playing on-rail shooters than fully fledged action adventures.

It's so fucking frustrating... these stupid companies give us lightgun games, they don't sell and use that as an excuse not to give us proper games... if they released PROPER versions that matched the others then THEY WOULD SELL!!!! Look at Resident Evil 4, the Call of Duties.... these haves old well with FUCK ALL advertising. They give us games (granted very good) that people didn't want in a genre that doesn't sell and they COMPLAIN!!!! Morons!!!

I guess it's easier for these companies to blame Nintendo and its userbase rather than to admit they made the first mistake when thinking we'd be much happier playing on-rail shooters than fully fledged action adventures.

I'd agree...but only 16,000 copies...with a user base of over 50,000,000?

That's awful for a bad game, let alone for a game that is more than competent. On top of that this is a recognised IP.

this is going to be a huge problem for Nintendo, if they don’t step up they will lose even more 3rd party developers than with the n64 era.

They officially lost Capcom, Sega and EAs mature titles support, if Nintendo isn’t announcing a wii2 at e3 of this year they will get huge problems in terms of software.

3th parties aren’t even trying anymore they simple pull the plug on the wii support because there rails/niche titles don’t sell.

The only reason that umbrella chronicles sold more than darkside chronicles is the fact that it supposed to be a test for the wii market, and hoping to get a re4 style of game after that. But no capcom did the opposite they released another on rails game with the overcrowded rails games market.

Capcom backtracks on previous comment says sorry

Capcom has sent out a statement explaining it has not deserted Nintendo's Wii and is committed to a multi-platform - not just PS3 and Xbox 360 - future.

"Further to comments made in a recent article on French website Gamekult, Capcom would like to confirm its commitment as a multi-platform developer and publisher of interactive software," the statement read.

Yesterday, Capcom France leader Antoine Seux dismissed the Wii, claiming core gamers had turned their back on the console. "So for us at Capcom, the future is on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360," he said.

Via: MCV, and spong, Eurogamer

Capcom backtracks on previous comment says sorry

Via: MCV, and spong, Eurogamer

Perhaps Monster Hunter 3 sales changed their mind...

The biggest problem is companies not advertising their games.

Still, I consider Nintendo almost as bad as these companies who give up because they still haven't released ExciteBots over here.