NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

The Christmas Present Thread 2009

Since it seems no one has posted one yet (possibly because some of you don't get your presents until tomorrow), I thought I'd create this year's present thread.

The title is self-explanatory: What did you get for Christmas this year? Ecstatic or pissed off? Post your presents and thoughts here.

As for myself, I've so far gotten the following:

- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

- Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" in Danish

- A large, illustrated edition of Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" in Danish

- A new set of bed sheet, pillow and duvet cover in Japanese style matching a set I already have

- Party stuff: Flashing Rudolph nose, snowmen antennae thingy, and musical ties

So yes, I'm very satisfied. :)

Since it seems no one has posted one yet (possibly because some of you don't get your presents until tomorrow), I thought I'd create this year's present thread.

The title is self-explanatory: What did you get for Christmas this year? Ecstatic or pissed off? Post your presents and thoughts here.

As for myself, I've so far gotten the following:

- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

- Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" in Danish

- A large, illustrated edition of Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" in Danish

- A new set of bed sheet, pillow and duvet cover in Japanese style matching a set I already have

- Party stuff: Flashing Rudolph nose, snowmen antennae thingy, and musical ties

So yes, I'm very satisfied. :)

Change the Danish part to English and I'm jealous! I've looked everywhere for The Lost Symbol and every time, it's sold out! ARGH! lol. I'm definitely getting it next year though!

Here's what I'm getting:

- 4GB MP4 player

- Mirror's Edge for the 360

- Devil May Cry 4 for the 360

- Ninja Gaiden II for the 360

- Def Jam: Icon for the 360

- Shirts (a cool patterned shirt and a "Mr. Greedy" t-shirt which I loved instantly)

- Combat jeans

- Money

Overall, I'm ecstatic about what I'm getting :santa::santa::santa:

...and apparently I have a couple of surprises so I can't wait to see what they are tomorrow.

Edited by Animal

How do you know what you're getting? Doesn't that defeat the point of having it wrapped and such?

I've heard the phrase 'I've got you something. I hope you like it.' I hate hearing this - like it's my fault and I'm difficult to buy for. Either way I'm not expecting much but then I don't need anything.

I'll settle for no arguments. Actually, I'd be ecstatic if that were the case - because it's not going to happen.

How do you know what you're getting? Doesn't that defeat the point of having it wrapped and such?

I've heard the phrase 'I've got you something. I hope you like it.' I hate hearing this - like it's my fault and I'm difficult to buy for. Either way I'm not expecting much but then I don't need anything.

I'll settle for no arguments. Actually, I'd be ecstatic if that were the case - because it's not going to happen.

Shush, Mr. Negative! You and J7 (and possibly O_W) should form a group or something. :p It's not that I know what I'm gonna get - it's that we Danes open our presents Christmas Eve! Hence the "possibly because some of you don't get your presents until tomorrow" comment. ;)

EDIT: I just realised Dazz was talking in the future tense, so your comment was most likely aimed at him.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

defo a ps3 with

lost: the game( not my fault)

soul calubur 4

resident evil 5

iss whatever(not my fault)

and modern warfare 2

Shush, Mr. Negative! You and J7 (and possibly O_W) should form a group or something. :p It's not that I know what I'm gonna get - it's that we Danes open our presents Christmas Eve! Hence the "possibly because some of you don't get your presents until tomorrow" comment. ;)

EDIT: I just realised Dazz was talking in the future tense, so your comment was most likely aimed at him.

That's not very fair. We can't all be lucky enough to be flooded with gifts from our happy family.

Where does the tradition for opening presents on Xmas Eve come from?

iss whatever(not my fault)

Say waaaa?!

Say waaaa?!

well i ain't into soccer games or much sport games for that matter. I'm sure it's a quality title however. My brother's field though.

The presents I know about (they were a case of me going to buy them, then Mum offering for Christmas instead):

Perfect Dark 360 (it was £2 for the collectors edition)

Alone in the Dark 360 (About £5 IIRC)

Some new gloves

well i ain't into soccer games or much sport games for that matter. I'm sure it's a quality title however. My brother's field though.

I'm messing with you. ISS doesn't exist any more. I think you're talking about ProEvo. :smile:

That's not very fair. We can't all be lucky enough to be flooded with gifts from our happy family.

I don't really understand the relevance of your first comment ... I mean, it's true, but what has it got to do with my post?

As for the second comment, I really don't know. Where does the tradition of opening presents Christmas Morning come from? :heh:

I don't really understand the relevance of your first comment ... I mean, it's true, but what has it got to do with my post?

As for the second comment, I really don't know. Where does the tradition of opening presents Christmas Morning come from? :heh:

Theyre Christmas presents lol...

I wasn't being negative at all and I'd thank you not to judge me as such.

I actually knew what I'd get because...

I was only planning to get one game for myself to tide me over the Christmas and New Year time. I was looking in the pre-owned section as I do and my Dad noticed it was 4 for £20 so he told me to pick the four I want.

The clothes I pick because I kind of have my own style...plus I need to know if it fits me :p

The MP4 player I knew because mine broke when I was helping my grandparents out with carrying a massive wardrobe upstairs...long story short...my Mom offered to buy it me because I have no money unfortunately so I accepted (this was back in September)

And I normally get money from my aunt and my grandparents...

And that is how I know what I definitely got :D

Today I'll be opening:

Pirate Latitudes - Michael Crichton

and I don't know what else.

I'm even totally in the dark as to what anyone has got anyone, except that my little brother (3) has a bike and my sister (7) has Meteos (DS).

Edited by Cube

I wasn't being negative at all and I'd thank you not to judge me as such.

Sorry, I believe I misinterpreted the tone of your post. I can see it came off worse than intended. No harm meant. :)

Nor to jayseven or Oxigen_Waste, for that matter. I love you all, really. Apologies if my humour was misplaced. :)

I so far just have a new United shirt with my name and 18 on the back, which is completely awesome as I haven't had a new one for probably around 7 years (too expensive!). Me and my girlfriend exchanged presents tonight because we won't be seeing each other til tomorrow evening and mine was a surprise that would have been ruined by her little brother by the time I got over there :) so I have that, but I don't know what else I'll get - maybe I'll let you know tomorrow, although I doubt anyone will be interested :D

I really, really hope that my brother or sister get a lot of LEGO. Naturally, they'll need big brother to build it all for them.

Opened mine this evening got:

Bedsheets

Gloves and socks

Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Michigan Hell Report (If what I hear is true then this game is gonna be a riot to play)

The Boys volume 5: Herogasm

Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick

Beard Trimmer and some hair care products.

Happy with all of this, was not asked for anything and everything I got was something I wanted/needed.

I don't know about other people, but in our family it is because we don't have Santa Clause, so we don't have to wait until Christmas morning for our presents. We celebrate it on Christmas Eve, with a nice meal in the evening and presents giving in between. Today we started the "festivities" at about 8 and didn't end until half past midnight (plus then an hour of cleaning heh). So I guess in a way it's Christmas already. =P

Anyway, my presents:

Spirit Tracks

Foo Fighters: Greatest Hits

A small chocolate fondue set (this, except it reads Chocolat)

bedrukte%20chocolade%20fondue%20set.jpg

Some winter socks for home (with anti-slip bottom =P )

Some perfume I've never heard of before haha.

A "You Are Here" bookmark.

A coupon to buy a children's book.

A book end (which funnily enough I had been looking at two days ago); not white but silverish.

book-end.jpg

=)

I really, really hope that my brother or sister get a lot of LEGO. Naturally, they'll need big brother to build it all for them.

:D

I got a great haul this year. This is all from Claire and her different family members.

- £60 (for LEGO)

- £20 LEGO Voucher

- £20 LEGO Voucher

- £10 LEGO Voucher

- Vic Reeves Vast Book of World Knowledge :love::love::love:

- Star Trek Blu Ray

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 PS3

- Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics DS

- Fall Out Boy Greatist Hits

- Michael McIntyre Hello Wembley

- Jimmy Carr Telling Jokes

- Diesel Only The Brave

- Socks

- Lots of chocolates.

WINZ! :D

And my present to myself was a Nokia N900 (ordered today) :)

So I got:

DJ Hero

Scrooged DVD

Harry Potter 6 DVD

Hancock DVD

Some non-electronic game I have no idea about

Some smellies - two types of anti-perspirant and aftershave

A tin of Cadbury's Heroes

Mock The Week Book - Compilation of 'Scenes We'd Like To See'

Dandy 2010 Annual

Aston Villa 2010 Annual

An Aston Villa casual shirt

A shirt - nothing special, just a shirt.

Some jeans

- Also should get Scrubs Season 6 from my bruvva when he comes round later.

Out of those, I only expected DJ Hero, Harry Potter 6 and Scrubs sets. The clothes, smellies and chocolate are traditional presents, mind. :)

So far ive only got ones off my mum and nan, sister tomorrow and Dad sometime next week. I got:

Nintendo DSi

New Wallet

Slab of chocolate

Liverpool FC shirt

Liverpool glass

Socks

£20 off my nan

I'll re-post my list from the other thread, because it is so awesome and hardcore.

- Diary

- Chocolate coins

- two t-shirts

- boxers (with my name on)

- Stubbi

- Dice Game box

I'm pretty happy with that, to be honest. If course I'd like more more more, but there's practical stuff that I need (diary) and fun stuff that nobody else I know possesses (dice game thing).

- Fall Out Boy Greatist Hits

I'm having one of those laugh/cry moments. So that's a CD with two songs on it, then?