NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

Nice one i'll tune in around half 6 then.

Lol I just put on KITN (the copy I got off Play) and under genre its listed as Pop...hahaha.

Just heard Joe is going to be on the Radio 1 chart countdown show.

Makes me want RATM to win even more.

Haha yeah, I listen to Radio 1 on the way to/from work most days and Mills has been talking about the uncomfortable moment if he has to play Joe's song at number 2.

I feel quite bad for him actually.

I'd want him to win if it was an original song/Chritmas song/wasn't xmas.

Ah balls, I've got work at 4.. Hopefully I can catch the news during my break.

Just heard Joe is going to be on the Radio 1 chart countdown show.

Makes me want RATM to win even more.

lololol poor guy. Thats gonna be so awkward. I'd feel sorry for him but him and the rest of the X-factor clan have come up with some dumb comments this week.

I feel quite bad for him actually.

I'd want him to win if it was an original song/Chritmas song/wasn't xmas.

I think this battle keeps it all interesting. If Joe wins, fine. At least there was a competition again for the first time in years, instead of him just walking away with it because he won X-Factor.

Yeah, first time I've been excited about the charts in forever.

Edit: I think the bookies are saying X-factor are the favourite now, which isn't a good sign.

Edit Edit: From the CEO of 7digital's twitter.

bendrury - Judging by our sales (http://www.7digital.com) and our market share, RATM could have sold 100,000 copies yesterday alone! Power to the people

Edited by Daft

I'll go and buy a copy of KITNo on iTunes now. I just don't enjoy the predictable, automatic nature in which the cock-factor winners always top the charts despite the fact no-one gives a shit about buying their stuff in a years time.

It shows how dumb Britain is when people will buy whatever single the winner releases, even if they preferred another act and don't even like the song that's been chosen for them. Maybe the government could introduce a policy whereby anyone who is caught buying the X-Factor winner's song has to be emigrated to Siberia.

One thing that has emerged from this that annoys me: People who call it "Killing In The Name Of"

I think this battle keeps it all interesting. If Joe wins, fine. At least there was a competition again for the first time in years, instead of him just walking away with it because he won X-Factor.

Oh I certainly agree. I absolutely hate that X-Factor coincides with the Christmas number one. That used to actually mean something.

One thing that has emerged from this that annoys me: People who call it "Killing In The Name Of"

even jo whiley is responsible for this. ugh.

I'll go and buy a copy of KITNo on iTunes now. I just don't enjoy the predictable, automatic nature in which the cock-factor winners always top the charts despite the fact no-one gives a shit about buying their stuff in a years time.

It shows how dumb Britain is when people will buy whatever single the winner releases, even if they preferred another act and don't even like the song that's been chosen for them. Maybe the government could introduce a policy whereby anyone who is caught buying the X-Factor winner's song has to be emigrated to Siberia.

Hence the reason why people buy decent stuff instead of the factory-manufactured crud.

I'm really sorry Giz.

I've noticed that too, It's really annoying when people are trying to advertise about buying it and put in the "of" in. Clearly not heard of the song before. Like in that Hitler vid. But ah well just a little annoyance and I'm glad people who perhaps have not heard of the song or RATM before have taken it on board and joined in.

I think there may have been a big surge in RATM downloads yesterday. The group went up to like 950,000 members so I'm sure a hell of a lot more people would have downloaded.

I hear iTunes still counts today? Not sure if thats been confirmed though.

To be fair even if it doesn't make number 1, I think it's proved it's point that A LOT of people are fed up with the manufactured rubbish that is X factor. especially at Christams.

Killing in the name downloads are

No. 1 on play.com

No. 1 on Amazon

No. 1 on HMV

No. 1 on iTunes

No. 1 on Tesco

No. 1 on Nokia Music

and the facebook group has collectively raised £65,000 for Shelter which is amazing (I donated a fiver :)). If only everyone of the 950,000 people donated a quid, that would have been immense. But £65,000 is truely remarkable anyway. Shows the power of social networking and of the people and I'm glad I've been a part of it.

I've noticed that too, It's really annoying when people are trying to advertise about buying it and put in the "of" in. Clearly not heard of the song before. Like in that Hitler vid. But ah well just a little annoyance and I'm glad people who perhaps have not heard of the song or RATM before have taken it on board and joined in.

I think there may have been a big surge in RATM downloads yesterday. The group went up to like 950,000 members so I'm sure a hell of a lot more people would have downloaded.

I hear iTunes still counts today? Not sure if thats been confirmed though.

To be fair even if it doesn't make number 1, I think it's proved it's point that A LOT of people are fed up with the manufactured rubbish that is X factor. especially at Christams.

Killing in the name downloads are

No. 1 on play.com

No. 1 on Amazon

No. 1 on HMV

No. 1 on iTunes

No. 1 on Tesco

No. 1 on Nokia Music

and the facebook group has collectively raised £65,000 for Shelter which is amazing (I donated a fiver :)). If only everyone of the 950,000 people donated a quid, that would have been immense. But £65,000 is truely remarkable anyway. Shows the power of social networking and of the people and I'm glad I've been a part of it.

Yeah apparantly iTunes counts until 6 but I don't believe it, doesnt make sense seeing as the show starts at 4...

Good on you for donating a fiver btw, I think I'm gonna do the same. I'd love it if Rage got to number 1 simply to say I was a part of it :)

So Simon Cowell phoned the Facebook group founders today?

What a cock.

Started saying how it made things "interesting".