N-Europe

Goatie Time! (GOTY)

Pit-Jr

I reckon they'll give Uncharted a break, work on another game, and then come back to it. This time a member of Drake's family will pop up, either his peppy younger sister or his jerk brother.

Then I suspect they'll do other games with Uncharted 4 launching for the next Sony console and it will be so sexy it'll be like looking into the eyes of God.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times Magazine Top 10: Video Games

1) Modern Warfare 2

This is a game that sends a message: Video games have something intelligent to say about contemporary military conflicts.

2) Batman: Arkham Asylum

The ghoulish Joker may never scare movie audiences again, but the struggle between good and evil rages on with Batman: Arkham Asylum, which picks up right where Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight left off.

3) DJ Hero

In a world of wannabe rock bands — enough already with the rehashed songs from yesteryear — DJ Hero offers a welcome change.

4) Borderlands

Pandora is a down-and-dirty mining planet that resembles a trashed, irradiated version of the American Wild West.

5) New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Welcome back, Mario. We missed you.

6) Geo-Defense Swarm

I never thought I'd be sitting around singing the praises of the iPhone on this list. The hardware was just too limited — no buttons, no sticks, no tactile feedback. But hordes of developers have proved me totally wrong: this thing can game.

7) Scribblenauts

Maybe the developers of Scribblenauts were bored with existing puzzle games

8) Halo: ODST

Just when it was starting to look like the Halo franchise was played out, Bungie took it for a sharp turn, down an alleyway and directly into the shadows

9) Assassin's Creed 2

Most sequels are creative flops, just cheap makeovers of the originals. Not Assassin's Creed 2

10) Uncharted 2

Some mornings you wake up in bed. Some mornings you wake up trapped in a wrecked train car that's hanging off a cliff.

The comments on MW2 are odd to say about the game.

That list makes me physically ill.

Utter bollocks.

QFT.

You have to remember though, its just some mainstream gamer (if that ) who writes for a mainstream magazine, and pretends to know something about games (All of these are proven by the MW2 comment alone), while the editor, who probably knows nothing about games accepts the list as fact, and publishes it. Its the same thing with all gaming news in the mainstream media, actually, most news in the mainstream media in general.

I'd be much more interested in the awards of the likes of GT and IGN, ect. Even the awards part of the VGAs is just going to be a popularity contest.

I once heard some "Expert"'s list of the Top 10 handheld games of all time. Not only were there very little mentions of any of the classics (I don't think he actually had Tetris, or Pokemon on the list), but going off his reasons for having each on the list, it was clear he hadn't actually played half of them.

Edited by Emasher

Borderlands or cod for me.

I spent pretty much 3 days solid nerdiness on Borderlands, me and a few mates completed within 2 days of release, we cudnt get off it, one of the funnest gamin moments iv had ever.

But then theres COD, iv already racked up 4 days play time on it, playing a few nights a week with a load of mates keeps it fun, and the banter is hilarious :P Single player was proper good too, the story was a bit weak, but the level wit the ice picks was amazin, if not a bit james bond style, still REALLLLY fun.

Shadow Complex for Arcade goty ;)

I've really got to get into flower. I played two levels and then I ended up playing something else. Perhaps it'll be a good game to play over the holidays.

On an unrelated note, we're going to have to start considering game of the decade soon.

Mario Galaxy. :P

This year is too easy for me...

Rune Factory Frontier :D

Farming + Dungeon Crawling = Awesome.

On an unrelated note, we're going to have to start considering game of the decade soon.

Dragon Quest VII is still my most loved game from 2000-2010, it will be interesting to see if it changes next year though ;)

The fact that you've never posted in the MW2 thread suggests you've never played that...

Im pretty sure ive read something from him at some point talking about how he had played the multiplayer and really didnt like it.

Plus im sure theres a lot of threads ive never posted in of games that I have played.

Such a thing is blasphemy! You must all talk more about everything. But I can't see how you could hate MW2's multiplayer....

This reaction to Uncharted 2 is making me want to buy a PS3. In fact I almost picked up this sweet deal for a 250GB Slim with PlayTV, but I don't get a very good digital TV signal so it didn't seem worth it.

I keep thinking about one, too. It's a big shame that I find the controller painful to hold.

I've never understood this myself. I used to be the ninty fanboy who bashed Sony for not changing their controller but now I find it fine, get those giotek trigger grips and your away.

I've never understood this myself. I used to be the ninty fanboy who bashed Sony for not changing their controller but now I find it fine, get those giotek trigger grips and your away.

It's mainly that the prongs dig uncomfortably into my palms. If they were nice and rounded (like the original PS1 controller) then they would be fine.