NEurope
Sprout

A Gift From Mario - Christmas Comic 2009!

Hellooooo N-Europe! How is everybody doing? Welcome to my annual thread, thanks for dropping in. (As always, mods/admins, feel free to move this wherever you like.)

You know me, don’t you? No? If you don’t, that's okay, I'm not really a big poster. Sorry! Anyway, let me tell you what it is I tend to do. Every year, I come out of hiding and attempt to create an advent sprite comic. That's one comic, everyday, from December 1st to December 24th. Yes, I think that sums it up pretty quickly...

So far there have been four attempts. 2005’s A Nintendo Christmas Carol, 2006’s A Mario Christmas, 2007’s A Wario Christmas, and 2008’s Cinderella... Nintendo Style! The first three years were successfully completed. However, sadly Cinderella... Nintendo Style! is still yet to receive completion. And with even more work building up for university and certain health problems, it might be even harder to see this year’s comic reach completion! Which begs the question, why am I even trying?!

Well, because this year marks the fifth time I attempt to do this of course! Which is possibly special maybe! Not that I have anything special planned for this year... right?

In anycase, what you can expect is the typical stuff you’ve been seeing from me before that you know and love (or possibly hate, I’m not picky) over the course of December. So, what is planned for this year? A Waluigi Christmas? Umm, no, not that, but maybe next year...

No, this year is something called A Gift From Mario, as you may have guessed from the thread's title. I hope you enjoy it, and have a Merry Christmas! Or, err, whatever holiday you might celebrate...

mariosgift01.png

So! That's enough from me for today! Feel free to comment, and come back tomorrow for more of the usual stuff and things!

Edited by Sprout

Haha, brilliant. I wish you good luck with this. If the rest of your work is anything like this it will surely be gold. I can't wait. :)

Awesome Sprout! GREAT to see you back!!! :santa:

Funny start, and presentation wise, fantastic as always!!

I think this is probably the best forum for your work, it'll get the most notice and appreciation in here which is what it deserves.

Looking forward to each installment!

Can I ask how you work, do you have the entire story board already planned out, or do you plan say 5 ahead and then just go with it?

"There will be cake" xD God, I love this :D

Good to see the Christmas Comics again :) Great stuff, Sprout =)

I must have missed these previous years but thats started off well so i'll be keeping an eye out for the rest

We love you Sprout! Great to see you on again and whether it gets completed or not, we're looking forward to reading the comic... as they're always great!

Can I ask how you work, do you have the entire story board already planned out, or do you plan say 5 ahead and then just go with it?
I'm trying to get organised, I've got a beginning and an end thought out. It's just filling up the middle. Most of that will more than likely be improvised though, like every previous year. =P

Sprout; not only a god in Brawl but also a fine artist:idea:

Umm, I don't think I can be called an artist. Not when it comes to these sprite comics anyway. Squirtle and the Flipnotes, maybe, but not these comics.

Anywaaaaay, it's time for comic number two!

mariosgift02.png

This one is kinda a homage to a comic in A Mario Christmas. If you don't get what I'm talking about, maybe you should go back and read it? =P

Edited by Sprout

Mwahaha, I'm loving this :yay:

Keep up that spectacular work, Sprout. Those are some fine comics. :)

Iiiit's comic number threeeee. Yay!

mariosgift03h.png

Little sidenote, this is the first advent comic in which Wario hasn't appeared in first comic. He sure likes to hog the spotlight, doesn't he. =P

Comic number four, just in time for lunch!

MariosGift04.png

Tried to make Wario's house look a bit more... Wario coloured this year. Pink suits him. =P