N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confession:

I love change. But the only change I dislike is me and my sister getting older, I miss her getting me up at like 7am to count presents and desperately waiting for my parents to get ready.

Why do things have to change :( /rant.

hahaha truthery!

I remember years ago (read: not so long ago) I used to get up at 7am to wake up my sister =P

Now I'd be lucky if I can drag myself out of bed at 10am :grin:

Getting old is sad!

I'm glad you're feeling better now. I think you summed it up when you said that you had a huge weight lifted off your shoulders once you got rid of them. I don't feel like you can properly move on if you have that sort of stuff still around, if it's been a bad experience. If it was a good experience, then I can still see why you'd keep that stuff, but I think it still makes it hard to move on if you constantly look at that stuff or think about the past a lot.

It was weird how I was feeling though. When looking at them, I felt hatred for doing what she did to me but at the same time, I still loved her. She even bitched about me on Facebook saying how much she hates my guts and stuff and she told a lot of lies to her family and friends and my friends. So I set the record and told everyone the truth and what really happened and mostly everyone believed me. Most of them won't talk to her but there's about two or three who believe her. Oh well, I tried to warn them, lol.

Confession:

I love change. But the only change I dislike is me and my sister getting older, I miss her getting me up at like 7am to count presents and desperately waiting for my parents to get ready.

Why do things have to change :( /rant.

I miss that feeling too. I used to wake up at that time and wait for my presents and stuff but now I'm older, my parents wake ME up, lol.

I'm so lazy! :p

I'm glad you're feeling better now. I think you summed it up when you said that you had a huge weight lifted off your shoulders once you got rid of them. I don't feel like you can properly move on if you have that sort of stuff still around, if it's been a bad experience. If it was a good experience, then I can still see why you'd keep that stuff, but I think it still makes it hard to move on if you constantly look at that stuff or think about the past a lot.

Yeah I remember when I got out of my first relationship I was in such a state and would regularly check her myspace (having to sign in my friends account to view her profile page), checking back on old texts and letters etc. It was weird how one day I accidently deleted my entire inbox and kinda sat there thinking how I had lost texts where she had told me she missed me and loved me and stuff and how i'd never get them back. Funnily enough I woke up the next day and genuinely didn't even care/miss her at all which is weird giving how I felt the previous day. The sooner you lose those attachments the better I think, though I think sometime we do need them there so we know that at one point we meant the world to that person...

Also. The 'perfect relationship'. It's funny, i always pictured a true relationship to be perfect, one where everything just worked. Being in the one I'm in atm I've realised that's not true at all. What i've got now is much better than what i've had before but it made me realise how there really is a lot of give and take in a relationship and most of all, comprimise. I'm not complaining obviously, i'm in love with this girl, but I guess it was an eye opener.

Also, off-topic: Does anyone here like Twiglets or am I the only one?

I've just found out literally almost everyone I know, apart from one person, hates them.

I fucking love Twiglets. I had a bag of them last night and it took some serious strength to stop myself from having a taste orgasm.

EDIT: I feel like I'm going to die soon.*

Well I have for the last few years, but this time I feel it properly. Rather than it just being part of my fear, it feels more tangible. Obviously I have this feeling based on more than just "what I think".

Hmm.

*Which could mean anything.

I think I'm going to die soon.*

Well I have for the last few years, but this time I feel it properly. Rather than it just being part of my fear, it feels more tangible. Obviously I have this feeling based on more than just "what I think".

Hmm.

*Which could mean anything.

"feel it"?

I don't understand.. :hmm:

When you are taking masses of drugs just to cope, and still in considerable pain, maybe then you'll grasp an idea of shortened lifespan.

Maybe that's just me. *shrugs*

Oh I know. I know I'm not allowed to say anything or complain because people (like you say, like you) deal with far worse situations every day. :sad:

RE: "feel" : it's more than a feeling but it doesn't actualy lead anywhere near death :p. Also, I feel (as in, physically feel) my body "disintegrating" or "slowing down". Sometimes my heart hurts or is going really fast when I haven't done anything. And other things.

I just...think about the fact I'm going to die (at some point, like everyone) and how I can't cope with it, all the time. Everyone else seems to (cope with it). It literally occupies my mind 24/7.

More but I'm over this.

Edited by Paj!

Oh I know. I know I'm not allowed to say anything or complain because people (like you say, like you) deal with far worse situations every day. :sad:

RE: "feel" : it's more than a feeling but it doesn't actualy lead anywhere near death :p. Also, I feel (as in, physically feel) my body "disintegrating" or "slowing down". Sometimes my heart hurts or is going really fast when I haven't done anything. And other things.

I just...think about the fact I'm going to die (at some point, like everyone) and how I can't cope with it, all the time. Everyone else seems to (cope with it). It literally occupies my mind 24/7.

More but I'm over this.

I just got confused, I don't think I really understand the mental anguish over it, heh.

I could think of a few situations of "death" like experiences that i've had. A lot of my medications do funny things, aggravate my migraines, hallucinations, make me intensely sick. Extreme pain from a few injuries. Stuff like that.

Sometimes I think about death, not existing and not being, and its a bit weird.... but that's about as strongly as I feel about it.

Wasn't my intentions to make you feel bad/guilty. More interest. I'm the one with the physical problems =P mental anguish is as bad as physical imo.

I found my only two boyfriends on the internet. *fail*

I honestly don't know where people find their girlfriends/boyfriends. Unless you go out often or have a big circle of friends, I really don't know where you get to meet these possible fuck buddies/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife.

I met my first girlfriend at a museum, second at a bar, and the one I'm with now, on the second day of uni. All three were random occurrences. You just have to allow youself the possibility of being rejected, because it isn't really that bad. If you have your eye on someone, because really, first attraction at least for me is always to do with how they look (and everyone else, unless they're dirty liars =p), you just gotta go and say hi, and start talking absolute crap in an attempt to communicate that you're into them. People are easily flattered, especially nerds =p.

I met my first girlfriend at a museum, second at a bar, and the one I'm with now, on the second day of uni. All three were random occurrences. You just have to allow youself the possibility of being rejected, because it isn't really that bad. If you have your eye on someone, because really, first attraction at least for me is always to do with how they look (and everyone else, unless they're dirty liars =p), you just gotta go and say hi, and start talking absolute crap in an attempt to communicate that you're into them. People are easily flattered, especially nerds =p.

Well school has never been an option for me as there's barely any (decent) guys there. I mean the size of my class (5 people) should say enough. =P

I don't go to bars or anything as I have no one to go with haha. Plus guys in bars are usually just... not that great haha. But yeah I never even see anyone who I think "hmm maybe he'd be a good one", and guys never come to me either so yeahhhh.

So I'm quite a bit thankful for the internet, cause without it I'd probably still be single at 24/25. =P

Yeah, I guess there's a bit of a security in the internet, since you can get to know someone but there's still that physical distance. I mean, once you're around each other physically as friends for a time, that becomes established as the basis for your relationship, and its difficult to propel it towards anything else. On the internet, there's a difference between psysicality and being personal on the level of conversation and interests etc, so I guess that can be a good way to meet people.

I guess bars can be fine if you're not adverse to a bit of risk, ie. not liking someone and having to tell them to bugger off. Admittedly this is harder for girls, since a lot of guys are genuine sex pests (me included) and won't leave you alone once you make any intimation of interest. Although thats why you should always go with a friend =p.

I guess bars can be fine if you're not adverse to a bit of risk, ie. not liking someone and having to tell them to bugger off. Admittedly this is harder for girls, since a lot of guys are genuine sex pests (me included) and won't leave you alone once you make any intimation of interest. Although thats why you should always go with a friend =p.

Well see, no friend to go out with, plus guys don't even approach me anyway so it's pointless for me to even try haha. =P

Plus I thought going to Paris with Jim and never having met him before was a big enough risk haha. Still is a risk being with him. X3

Yeah, Jimbo's about as sex-pesty as you can get. I don't think I'd have the balls to do that, without some sort of contingency...like I donno, bladed stiletto heels, or caustic pepper spray, so kudos. I'm speaking about Flinky btw, I would gladly meet anyone else in Paris.

:heh:

Confession time: Does anyone get morbidly jealous whenever they think of their significant others' past relationships/sexual encounters? See, my girlfriend made the mistake of telling me under the false impression that my inflamed ego could handle people having emotional commitments elsewhere =p. It used to eat at me, when I was a bit more insecure/ idiotic.

I think it's just some universal egotism, and on top of that people have internalised some bullshit social conventions about sex. Still, you can't help your subconscious rearing itself and beating you down occasionally, regardless of how well in control you think you have it.

Confession time: Does anyone get morbidly jealous whenever they think of their significant others' past relationships/sexual encounters? See, my girlfriend made the mistake of telling me under the false impression that my inflamed ego could handle people having emotional commitments elsewhere =p. It used to eat at me, when I was a bit more insecure/ idiotic.

I think it's just some universal egotism, and on top of that people have internalised some bullshit social conventions about sex. Still, you can't help your subconscious rearing itself and beating you down occasionally, regardless of how well in control you think you have it.

Intentionally or not you'll always be compared to someone else. I suppose its something you can't take to heart or you'll never be able to let yourself trust someone.

Intentionally or not you'll always be compared to someone else. I suppose its something you can't take to heart or you'll never be able to let yourself trust someone.

Of course, people are nothing if not a bank of reference points. Otherwise we would never have any sense of personality. Buuuut, I just think there's that fundamental feeling of exclusive ownership that doesn't want to bear anything that'll destroy its illusion. We've been living together in the same room for 1 1/2 years, and self-centered as people are, its hard to bear any inkling of someone else bearing an important standing in their lives.

I'm not really talking about myself anymore here, just people I've seen, especially people that grew up under monogamous relationships. The nature of fidelity is just so hilariously irrational to me.

Yeah, Jimbo's about as sex-pesty as you can get. I don't think I'd have the balls to do that, without some sort of contingency...like I donno, bladed stiletto heels, or caustic pepper spray, so kudos. I'm speaking about Flinky btw, I would gladly meet anyone else in Paris.

:heh:

Well said. My girlfriend was on and off with someone from age 12 to about 16 and they kept breaking up because it just wouldn't work as he'd treat her like shit basically but she kept going back for me. She tells me over the phone the other day that last thursday they met up on a night out and he begged her til around 4am to spend the night with him through numerous texts and phonecalls and obviously she said no (ego boost for me). Now she texts him the next day with a simple joke to make things less awkward between them and he replies with 'lol wahey!'. Now it's funny, maybe because we're guys and look into things FAR too much when we're in love but seriously she told me that and I was like 'WHAT! YOU TEXT HIM!?' (well obv not out loud, i thought it to myself). Found it weird she would text him, seems like she's just opened to door back open for him to do it again. And then she goes and tells me that she reckons she will always have something small for him but knows it woudn't work...

Fuck us guys, we either not caring enough or too caring and look into things far too much :heh: It's weird, it's so hard for us to even imagine/joke of our girlfriends with someone else because we just have to feel like we're in control of everything, it's the way we work i guess.

Of course you're going to have alarm bells going off about ex talks. I still see my ex and talk to her regularly and my girlfriend just accepts it since she's a friend and I can't just block her out instantly.

Besides, she has chosen to be with you, if she wanted the ex she'd be with the ex right? You > him.

Of course you're going to have alarm bells going off about ex talks. I still see my ex and talk to her regularly and my girlfriend just accepts it since she's a friend and I can't just block her out instantly.

Besides, she has chosen to be with you, if she wanted the ex she'd be with the ex right? You > him.

Pfft, since when do rationality come into love? n00b :heh:

Still, I think ex talks are a tricky thing. You really have to get a sense for the person you're with, how sensitive (egotistical) they are before you tell them, cause otherwise its going to be the leech that you just can't get rid of, always coming up in arguments and always hanging there when you don't want it to be.

You have to have a pretty acute sense of emotional economy when you're in a relationship, because the truth just doesn't cut it. You have to choose what to say, when to say it, and with what inflection, how much to say. The why, who the what the where and the how, till you're pullin yo hair and you're tearing it out.

You get a free pass if you have aspergers though. Basterds.

Pfft, since when do rationality come into love? n00b :heh:

Still, I think ex talks are a tricky thing. You really have to get a sense for the person you're with, how sensitive (egotistical) they are before you tell them, cause otherwise its going to be the leech that you just can't get rid of, always coming up in arguments and always hanging there when you don't want it to be.

You have to have a pretty acute sense of emotional economy when you're in a relationship, because the truth just doesn't cut it. You have to choose what to say, when to say it, and with what inflection, how much to say. The why, who the what the where and the how, till you're pullin yo hair and you're tearing it out.

You get a free pass if you have aspergers though. Basterds.

Eminem- The Way I Am. I was so easily gonna notice that ;)

Yeah ex talks are tricky but oh well. You're right Ellmeister, they're with you so that should say enough.