N-Europe

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Dante

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete emotional range completed!

Having an orgasm when seeing the first two images.

Chuckling at what I believed was an ironic comment from Retro_Link on the third image.

Feeling a little annoyed about the negative comments about the graphics.

Thinking "WTF?!" when seeing the next three images. And finally ...

Getting a feeling of ambivalence at the realisation that the images were modded.

The first three images are quite beautiful enough for me. I don't get why people are so concerned about HD and engine. The essential thing is how the game is when we finally play it. So what if we can't point out every single strand of hair on Zelda's head? So what if the engine is the same as TP's?

OOT and MM both used tue same engine but I'm pretty sure if you were to put 2 screens comparing both you can easily tell the difference. The art style/colour pallette of the two are considerably different. That's what I Want to see. Make this game distinct.

Besides having less colours than OoT due to technical issues, it was a bigger rehash than this game could ever be.

Nintendo Gives Hints at E3 Plans

- Is it too early to talk about E3? Nintendo's Satoru Iwata doesn't seem to think so, and given how much money Nintendo has made under his watch, we're going to listen to him.

Iwata gave a small glimpse at Nintendo's E3 plans today during an investors meeting in Tokyo. You might have read about this meeting in connection with a couple of major Wii RPGs. Joining those game announcements, Iwata mentioned three products that will feature in Nintendo's E3 show plans.

Two of the products shouldn't come as a surprise. Nintendo will be showing Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the new Wii Zelda game, Iwata confirmed. In what capacity? He did not say.

The other product will probably be a bit more controversial. Remember the Vitality Sensor peripheral that Nintendo unveiled at last year's show? We'll at long last get a glimpse at software for the device.

This year's E3 will be held from June 15 through June 17. Of course, we can probably expect additional product outside of Mario Galaxy, Zelda and the Vitality Sensor, but don't be surprised if these three are among Nintendo's top focuses.

With Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, I really doubt the vitality sensor game is going to be contriversial (Unless Zelda uses it heavily or something like that). The reason this sort of thing has been contriversial in the past isn't because it existed, but because it was the main thing they showed (and they didn't show much else). I highly anything but Zelda is going to be the main focus of this year's E3.

Okay those mock up screenshots or whatever shouldn't have been posted in this thread they're obviously going to confuse a shitton of people and I wouldnt be surprised if some places are already posting them around as real pictures of the game.
This whole thread is built round speculation and what people want to see in Zelda Wii.

When Zelda's unveiled at E3 it will get a new thread purely for the announced game.

I'd prefer a zeppelin or a hot-air balloon :) but I'd go crazy if they went all rennaissance on the flying machine's ass!

It could characterize the more prominent role of technology in the franchise.

leonardo-da-vinci-flying-machines.2.jpg

Anyone?:blush:

Personally I'd really like to see a Zelda where link gets to fly aircraft. Some people tend to forget that there really does exist some amazing looking aircraft.

Imagine a bare metal Draken like aircraft beautifully crafted with chromed reliefs on the wings, air intakes and generally all over the place, and a small Hylian logo on the sides of the nose.

drakkenlarge.jpg

I know that some would think it feels out of place, but I beg to differ. In Zelda we've seen trains, horsecoaches with steeringwheels, floating plastic montains and all kinds of things that seem out of place.

I think that a plane could fit in nicelly, especially if it would take place in a flying/futuristic Hyrule.

Just a thought.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!