N-Europe

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Dante

They wouldn't introduce motion plus controls and swordplay, and then not give Link an actual sword to use. That would be retarded, and cause uproar by a fair number more than just the 'freaks'.

There was an interesting thread from another forum I was reading (Can't remember the site >_> ) and it was talking about how Link may not be carrying a sword BECAUSE of 1:1 motion. Wii Sports Resorts worked because the characters only had hands...no arms, so the arm could swing wherever without looking really shitty and goofy.

Link though, has arms, and I am betting Nintendo don't want shit like this to happen to his arm

So people thought that the sword could be controlled freely, have a mind of it's own, so with the Wii-mote you control the sword, while the nunhuck is for control of Link, something along the lines of that. I thought that it was interesting, and if done correctly could really make the game feel new and fresh while making it still feel like Zelda.

But no matter what happens, fans will bitch :heh:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yeah but Nintendo do all of their Sports in those games slightly half assed, they're kind of not much more than advanced playable tech demo's, nearly all of which could actually be improved upon if putting any one of them into a full game.

If Red Steel 2 can do First Person swords with arms...

Then Nintendo had better not be trying to come up with a story/sidekick to side-step around the issue, because it's going to look extremely lame and lazy on their part!

I believe that 1:1 can be acheived if you just program it propperly. The problem with the 360 camerathingy is that it's a computer trying to translate images of a human being moving onto a 3D model. Plus that what MS showed was only an early tech-demo.

With the Wiimote we have basically a stick with a crapload of sensors just to track the movement of one limb. Plus that Nintendo have had years to practice on getting everything right.

The problem is that Nintendo probably don't want to implement 1:1 because people will whine that they want to sit in their sofa, flicking their wrist to play.

The problem is that Nintendo probably don't want to implement 1:1 because people will whine that they want to sit in their sofa, flicking their wrist to play.
Well really that sort of thing would only come from Nintendo's recent tag alone casual market... and if Nintendo are even thinking about trying to please that market with this game, well then they can fuck right off!

With the Wiimote we have basically a stick with a crapload of sensors just to track the movement of one limb.

It has a multi-axial gyroscope (This is all M+ is), a multi-axial accelerometer (In the remote itself), and the infrared camera (Pointing controls). Not exactly tons.

Reggie: No Zelda Wii in 2010 (?)

EDIT: Kotaku spin the interview for a story:

From the video interview

Girl: What can you tell us about the new Legend of Zelda game?

Reggie: You know, not very much. Right now its still in development but the key message that Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Aonuma is telling us is that it really has to be perfect when it launches, that really is what the Zelda fan is expecting. So for all those Zelda fans out there right now, what I would say is enjoy Spirit Tracks and know that the Zelda title for Wii will come out when its perfect.

Edited by Dante

I meant, I'm wondering why people still don't think it will come out this year.

Because when was the last time a major (and most likely drastically different) console Zelda was released within 6 months of them giving consumers a first look at it?

Galaxy 2, Metroid AND Zelda within 6 months? Doubtful.

I mean hey, who knows, it could very well come out a few months after the very first images and trailers are shown at E3, but personally I would think Q1/2 of 2011 is more likely. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I mean hey, who knows, it could very well come out a few months after the very first images and trailers are shown at E3, but personally I would think Q1/2 of 2011 is more likely. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The only time we will know is when we get the game :heh:

I guess Nintendo don't want the same thing to happen to what TP had when it was first shown and everyone just went nuts with far too much excitement. But at the same time give the team a nice pacing compared to the rushed job they had of WW.

Who knows what Nintendo are thinking at the moment. The game would have obviously been in the drawings right away after the release of Zelda:TP. So they have had more time in developing this game then what they did with Zelda:TP already :heh:

Most Zelda games are shown too early. There's no reason they can't show it and bring it out 6 months latter, they've been doing that with lots of games lately. Its a console Zelda, it would sell if they showed it a month before it came out. They don't need a year to market it.

The fact is, they need games and fast, releasing 3 major games within 6 months will help them. The casual crowd isn't going to buy Zelda or Metroid anyway, and the hardcore like to be overwhelmed. Even if people choose between what games they buy when they come out, if they want to play both, they'll buy whatever they missed once they have more time/money.

Zelda coming out in anything but Q4 is very unlikely.

I can't believe people seriously think this will come in 2010. They don't need to overwhelm no one, if that was the case, they could have rushed Galaxy 2 for this Christmas and easily push NSMBWii to an earlier release date, but they didn't, because they know this stuff needs to be spaced out.

Another point is the fact that we've seen nothing of it, yes they could try to put it in Christmas after showing it at E3 but my previous point negates that, UNLESS they either mark Other M or Galaxy 2 to a summer release.

But what I think its the main reason for it to be a 2011 release is knowing that they have nothing else for the future! Considering how well the Wii is doing, they're not going to make a firework to watch it die, it needs to be sustainable. Could they do like Sony and increase the number of teams? Yes, that's the only way I see Zelda getting released this year and sustaining a flow of good games, but will they? Probably not.

Well i disagree, i think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to release as many titles as possible this year.

Heres my release window:

Endless Ocean 2- Feb

Sin and Punishment 2- April

Metroid M- June

Mario Galaxy 2- August

Zelda 2- December

Now what is the problem with that? There spaced apart and what a year it would be if this does indeed happen.

However, after Reggies comments i suspect Zelda will be a 2011 title now..and you can move Mario Galaxy to November and thats your Wii year. Still great!

I'm expecting it to be more like:

Metroid Other M: July

Mario Galaxy 2: September

Zelda Wii: November

"To keep the excitement in the future is important to continue to put [out] selling software" as a new game controller with a read pulse announced in January 7, also indicated his intention to release as soon as possible. Popular series "The Legend of Zelda," the sequel to that released by the end of [20]10.

This is a rough translation from the original article, I can't seem to find the actual interview, but basically, Iwata said just before the reggie interview that the game was coming out in 2010. Iwata is more senior to Reggie, plus, I'm sure he actually meets with the team. Reggie has, in previous interviews, indirectly said that he doesn't know about everything thats going on with Nintendo of Japan. Its quite obvious watching that interview that he either doesn't know anything, or can't say anything. There was nothing to suggest that its not coming out this year, he just seemed to be trying to dance around the question.

Its not like there's nothing that they could save for next year either. Retro has a new project, there's Pikmin 3, Project Sora, ect. There's also the possibility that Metroid Other M gets delayed.

And then people will complain there's nothing to play in the first-half of 2011...

Realistically, Euro dates:

Metroid: Other M - September 2010

Mario Galaxy 2 - November 2010

Zelda Wii - March 2011 (December 2010 in Japan)

I'd go along with this. Although even March 2011 I think is a bit early for Zelda but we'll see when E3 comes around.

Its not like there's nothing that they could save for next year either. Retro has a new project, there's Pikmin 3, Project Sora, ect

You're comparing Pikmin and 'Project Sora' whatever that is... to Mario, Zelda and Metroid?

I'd go along with this. Although even March 2011 I think is a bit early for Zelda but we'll see when E3 comes around.

You're comparing Pikmin and 'Project Sora' whatever that is... to Mario, Zelda and Metroid?

No, but I'm saying they'll be much better at tiding people over than what we got between the last two waves. I recommend you look up what Project Sora is though before you belittle it. While we don't know what it is, its good some talent behind it. Having Mario Metroid and Zelda all come out within a year is what Nintendo needs right now though. I don't know if you've been reading other threads, it seems every week another developer has announced they will no longer be supporting the Wii.

I seriously think its more likely that Metroid Other M, or Mario Galaxy 2 gets delayed until march than Zelda, if they really need to make space.

But seriously, the CEO said in an interview that the game's coming out this year. I don't know if there's anything else that could possibly make it more clear that for the time being, Nintendo has every intention of releasing the game this year.

It doesn't matter if it's compared, Nintendo in the end are starting to look at things more strategically, ever since Iwata talked about lost momentum to the Wii. And with all less and less support of 3rd Party games (Only real big game Nintendo have from 3rd party coming out soon is Dragon Quest X now)

I am almost certain Mario Galaxy 2 will be out in Japan on Golden Week in japan (April 29 then May 3 to May 5) It has already been stated that Nintendo have basically done Mario Galaxy 2 but because of New Mario Bros Wii pushed it back.

Other games Nintendo have even if Zelda and Metroid: Other M is out this year are.

Team Sora's game (Sakurai's team)

Intelligent Systsems game

Retro Studio's game

Monolith's game

A new kirby game (Which sells fairly well around the world)

A new Starfox game

A Donkey Kong game (Would be sweet if EAD Software Group Tokyo are making it)

An F-Zero game

A new pikmin game

I am not declaring anything besides on when I think Galaxy 2 will be out in Japan. But with the list above I can see Nintendo trying to bring some of these games out for next year to keep momentum going. Hopefully they are able to accomplish it.

Other games Nintendo have even if Zelda and Metroid: Other M is out this year are.

Team Sora's game (Sakurai's team)

Intelligent Systsems game

Retro Studio's game

Monolith's game

A new kirby game (Which sells fairly well around the world)

A new Starfox game

A Donkey Kong game (Would be sweet if EAD Software Group Tokyo are making it)

An F-Zero game

A new pikmin game

Just to clear things up a little:

Intelligent Systems seems to be just developing Wii Ware now.

Monolith is currently working on a game called Monando, which will almost surely be out this year.

Since Miyamoto (Who is in charge of Nintendo EAD), seems to hate Donkey Kong now (He really didn't like what rare did with it), I really doubt he's going to want one of his main teams working on a new DK game.

Pikmin 3 was confirmed at E3 2008, and was confirmed to be not all that far in development at E3 2009.

No, but I'm saying they'll be much better at tiding people over than what we got between the last two waves. I recommend you look up what Project Sora is though before you belittle it. While we don't know what it is, its good some talent behind it.

I'm sure project Sora or the new Retro Studio games will be great but they don't have the same brand name and therefore sales of the other Trinity games.

Having Mario Metroid and Zelda all come out within a year is what Nintendo needs right now though. I don't know if you've been reading other threads, it seems every week another developer has announced they will no longer be supporting the Wii.

Seriously, what's new? Since when did Nintendo consoles had third party support in the last 15 years? I'm pretty sure they would be complaining of how Nintendo games take away sales from them if 2009 wasn't such a slow year even for Nintendo.

I seriously think its more likely that Metroid Other M, or Mario Galaxy 2 gets delayed until march than Zelda, if they really need to make space.

But seriously, the CEO said in an interview that the game's coming out this year. I don't know if there's anything else that could possibly make it more clear that for the time being, Nintendo has every intention of releasing the game this year.

We all know how they work, its just wishful thinking or even LIES, to tell people to fuck off.

Personally I don't believe or expect a Zelda this year, but then again, I also believed they would show Zelda in E3 09 and no Mario Galaxy sequel.