Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Need for Speed: Shift

flameboy

Tried searching for this and there was no thread...saw one back when EA announced their intention to release 4 new NFS games including Shift and Nitro.

Is anyone planning on getting this? I'm currently weighing it up, looks like a game that cuts a nice balance between sim and arcade depending on your level of skill. Tough choices this time of year though with sooooooo many games set to come out...Professor Layton, FIFA 10, GT PSP and Scribblenauts all with like the next 3 weeks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got high hopes for this game. The NFS series went downhill when they released Pro Street and the developers admitted that. The pointless drag racing really ruined it for me. If what they're saying about this game is true, this new version should be a good arcade racer.

I'm loving this game so far. The cockpit view is easily the best view in the game and I've never seen any other race game do the view as well as this. I am playing the whole game in the cockpit view as it just works that damn good.

Sense of speed is incredible and the sound is ear sexualing good, close to cock tingling! Did a quick post last night on M-7 http://modeseven.blogspot.com/

I'm loving this game so far. The cockpit view is easily the best view in the game and I've never seen any other race game do the view as well as this. I am playing the whole game in the cockpit view as it just works that damn good.

Sense of speed is incredible and the sound is ear sexualing good, close to cock tingling! Did a quick post last night on M-7 http://modeseven.blogspot.com/

still undecided on this...but sounds awesome

Pc demo is up.

The game uses a heavy fisheye perspective for a fake feeling of speed. You can literally see sideways almost lol.

I need to try it out more. It sounds nice and over the top even the low cars are mad lol. It looks like a Prostreet 2 with encouragement of crashes and shunts which is odd. So lets see. I dont have any urge to keep playing the demo at all though, felt dull and overly in your face. Its not a sim or arcade racer. Definitely its own game but well will it work? So far not feeling it.

Graphically its nothing like the early media, even on max settings. PS3 version (or Batman) arriving tomorrow so I will give it a good whirl and see if i can get into it. Maybe Blur is a better game for me?

I'm loving this game so far. The cockpit view is easily the best view in the game and I've never seen any other race game do the view as well as this. http://modeseven.blogspot.com/

You havent played GT5P then, as thats where the cockpit angle has come from. Before that cockpit view were a visual gimmick such as in PGR or McRae.

Personally think cockpit view on this looks way above anything else...

You might like it. The graphics are very weak though. The early shots indicated something of much higher quality. Ingame you can see polys everywhere. The steering wheels arent rounded either.

Pc demo is up.

You havent played GT5P then, as thats where the cockpit angle has come from. Before that cockpit view were a visual gimmick such as in PGR or McRae.

I have GT5P and I can say SHIFT does the experience much much better. Better sense of speed and feeling of actually being in a car seat.

I have GT5P and I can say SHIFT does the experience much much better. Better sense of speed and feeling of actually being in a car seat.

It does have an exaggerated sense of speed thanks to fisheye view and lots of blur. But it is NFS. In GT5P you can turn off the HUD and use cockpit view on its own. Here your cockpit blurs and you shake like mad man. Its like Motorstorm x5 :p

A good way to describe it is that its over the top!

I will dig into this. Need better cars. Hope the PS3 version isnt that much worse than PC.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!