N-Europe

UK Teen Girls Are The "Worst Drunks" In The World

Dante

Isn't "Worst Drunk" a bit of an oxymoron? It can easily mean when you get drunk you're just terrible, or it could mean that you are just terrible at getting drunk, staying sober or just skipping straight to the passed out phase.

well its plural - worst drunks - as in collectively. I would agree. Not many young girls in my area that DON'T drink. Shocking.

I like a nice wee drink, but more for the fact I like some alcohol (some ciders, malibu, fizzy wine :3) and I probably have never been properly drunk, at the ripe age of 23 :heh:

There isnt a big football hooliganism problem in britain any more. Well not compared to other countrys Italy, Argentina and others. With the exception of what happened the other week were pritty good now.

We're pretty decent on the whole now, but there's still little pockets of problems here and there. You're right though, other countries such as Italy have it pretty bad. It's really a shame that idiots are so violent when it comes to football. It gives the sport a bad name.

Dannyboy: Is it that bad in terms of drinking over there? I can't say I've heard much about it...but then, the news is filled up enough with news about British Drunkards. No room for teh Danes. :heh:

I don't know about other countries, but because of that I foolishly presume we ARE a pretty bad drinking nation, coupled with the fact that...well, I know alot of people who do alot of drinking and there's an average of a drinking establishment probably at least every 3-5minutes if you walk from here to my old school, which is about 40 minutes away. In fact, there is...at least 10-15 along the journey. Having been young once, as well as seeing kids loitering with cans around town, I'm not suprised by this news.

We're pretty decent on the whole now, but there's still little pockets of problems here and there. You're right though, other countries such as Italy have it pretty bad. It's really a shame that idiots are so violent when it comes to football. It gives the sport a bad name.

Dannyboy: Is it that bad in terms of drinking over there? I can't say I've heard much about it...but then, the news is filled up enough with news about British Drunkards. No room for teh Danes. :heh:

Well, drinking is a very integral part of being a teenager over here. It's hard to explain, as I don't know exactly what I'm comparing it to, but drinking and getting drunk is very standard over here for youngsters. In that respect, I'm the weird one, as I don't drink too much and have never been drunk. :heh:

as a girl, teenager, and someone who drinks...

it must be said...

we are the worst drunks (though im not personally that bad and not THAT much of a drinker)

someone who's from a 'strong educational background' doesn't really mean that they're classy enough to not binge drink lol.

I used to live in London, all my friends would ever talk about was how they were totally smashed on saturday night.

So im not surprised at this to be honest lol.