N-Europe

Eurogamer Expo 2009 October 30/31

flameboy

Ok so yes the biggie is in London and no doubt there are pretty of you southerners going to it, but also this year we will be seeing one up North in Leeds. Yes its only a consumer show so nothing major there but there are still plenty of games to play that won't have been released by then.

Games already confirmed to be on the show floor.

AvP (SEGA)

Assassin's Creed 2 (Ubisoft)

Bayonetta (SEGA)

Beatles Rock Band (EA)

Borderlands (2K Games)

Brütal Legend (EA)

Blue Toad Murder Files (Relentless)

Dante's Inferno (EA)

Dragon Age Origins (EA)

FIFA 10 (EA)

Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)

Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)

Left 4 Dead 2 (EA)

Need for Speed: Nitro (EA)

Need for Speed: SHIFT (EA)

Rabbids Go Home (Ubisoft)

Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft)

Saboteur (EA)

Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai)

WET (Bethesda)

Wheelspin (Bethesda)

So is anyone going to the Leeds one, reason I ask is wondering if anyone wants to go with me! ::shrug:

As I have no-one to go with!

The second part of this post is also related to my blog lethargic gamers. I have decided to make it more video based and have shows etc on it.... (starting tomorrow with some Batman Arkham Asylum content) so was thinking if people are interested and want to be on the first episode of LGS (Lethargic Gamers Show) was thinking of having a kinda roundtable discussion in a local cafe or if weather is good outside somewhere about consumer shows and the games being shown off etc...and what people are looking forward to in Q4. (this is all dependent on me sorting out a camera etc...although my digital camera isn't that bad at videos, suppose people sat round a table doesn't need to be that greatest quality)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year the "show" was pretty awful, a load of already released games with a few minor future releases. If you're trying to get into the games industry it was pretty good though, a few nice talks from people in the know and a little careers fayre where you could talk about opportunities and show what you could do.

I'll probably pop along to the London one at some point while its on.

Hi there, I'm the Community Manager for this year's Eurogamer Expo. :)

Sorry to hear Daft and Will didn't enjoy their Expo experience last year (last year was our debut, by the way, so Daft may be thinking of a different event). This year's show is going to be a much bigger proposition with the London venue approximately twice as big (and a bit less dingy!) as last year's. We'll also be heading northwards to Leeds on the 27th and 28th of October.

We're also planning some new features including developer sessions where well known devs will give presentations about their current and upcoming games.

Look out for an announcement coming soon that should be of particular interest to you guys. :)

Anyway, just wanted to pop by and say hi and thanks for your interest in this year's Expo. I hope you all have a blast should you choose to come along. :)

I went to one in Wembley Stadium. I think it was the middle of last year, maybe a bit earlier. I just expected it to be bigger tbh, it was tiny.

I hope it does become a lot bigger, although it sounds like that's being sorted to a degree.

It's pretty cool how devs and managers etc come by forums to talk briefly, even if it's just to advertise a bit. We had that Shatter developer come along and now this Eurogamer dude, any other interesting games industry people? Excluding you Daft n_n

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again folks. :)

Just to let you know, today we officially announced Nintedo's appearance at this year's Eurogamer Expo. The big news is that you'll be able to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii! This is the first time the public will be able to get their hands on the new Mario title in the UK.

Edited by VenatioEG

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.n4g.com/pc/NewsPending-410602.aspx

Great news

When people think of a games expo, there's one of two things which people automatically think of: either huge press conferences or all the playable games on the show floor. And, to an extent, they'd be right in thinking of that, as it is usually what's most hyped. However, many expos also feature developer sessions - and they're often the most exciting thirty minutes to an hour you'll spend at an expo.

Because, usually, they involve getting up-close-and-personal with the developers of games which aren't even released yet, and seeing exactly what a new game is going to be like. Luckily for us - and you - the people over at Eurogamer have thought it necessary to have a couple of these developer sessions. And, having just released the name of the first game being demonstrated in a dev session at the expo, we thought it only fair to let you know what it is.

At 1:30pm, and at every expo date, Bethesda will be showing their upcoming and ambitious new shooter due for release in Spring 2010 - Brink. And, even more excitingly, the Brink dev panels will be the very first public presentations of the new game in the UK. Excited yet? You oughta be.

What is Brink about, though? Here's the pitch, just for you from Splash Damage, Brink's developer.

"Brink, being published by Bethesda Softworks, blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience and allows you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume as you fight to save yourself and mankind's last refuge for humanity. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an all-new control system.

"Brink takes place on the Ark, a man-made floating city that is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental, self-sufficient and 100% "green" habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth's oceans has forced the Ark to become home to not only the original founders and their descendants but also to thousands of refugees. With tensions between the two groups growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark.

"Which side will you choose?"

We'll be on-hand when Brink is presented by Splash Damage's CEO, Mr. Paul Wedgwood, at the expo in a little over two weeks time. Stay tuned for more dev panel news. For now, I'll leave you with four Brink screenshots to get you hyped.

So people who are going to the Leeds event will get the first ever showing! fantastic news and an actual exclusive whilst there.

• 2 weeks later...

Right who is going to the Leeds one? If so what days? Keen to all get met up...already meeting Tellyn and Dan Dare (I think!) as I've said before going to be doing some videos and stuff for my blog also wondered about making a podcast episode? got a splitter and a couple of mics we could use. Could be an episode of NES or can bung it on my site.

I'm going both days I think, not sure what I'm doing about second day and whether to go back home or not or book a room in the local travel lodge nearby. Otherwise will be training it there both days (its not that fair on train from Harrogate though)

Right who is going to the Leeds one? If so what days? Keen to all get met up...already meeting Tellyn and Dan Dare (I think!) as I've said before going to be doing some videos and stuff for my blog also wondered about making a podcast episode? got a splitter and a couple of mics we could use. Could be an episode of NES or can bung it on my site.

I'm going both days I think, not sure what I'm doing about second day and whether to go back home or not or book a room in the local travel lodge nearby. Otherwise will be training it there both days (its not that fair on train from Harrogate though)

I'm definatly going the Leeds one. Bought the tickets weeks ago and booked time off work! I'm also really up for meeting up.

I'm defo going the one on Tuesday but not decided about wednesday yet, i was gonna decide on the Tuesday if it is worth going back again. I bought tickets for both days to be on the safe side anyway. I shall be driving up the motoway to get there me thinks.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Nah, the London one. What with me being in the South and all.

*moves to London*

Anyway, I'm going but I don't know why...

I don't like big crowds and most of this hype for games doesn't interest me.

Seeing as I'm looking for a placement next year I'll go to see if there are people I can give... a... business card(?) to.

Edited by Wesley

I'm definatly going the Leeds one. Bought the tickets weeks ago and booked time off work! I'm also really up for meeting up.

I'm defo going the one on Tuesday but not decided about wednesday yet, i was gonna decide on the Tuesday if it is worth going back again. I bought tickets for both days to be on the safe side anyway. I shall be driving up the motoway to get there me thinks.

Awesome sounds good to me! Probably should swap phone numbers or something to get ourselves met up! I don't know which to rush to first GoW 3 or Heavy Rain!