NEurope
Beast

All the single ladies........and gentlemen

I'm not fussed which state I end in. I'm with my girlfriend now, which is nice. But I didn't have a problem with being single when I was.

I´m in the same situation as most here and am not really that bothered, I mostly want to meet someone for appearance sake towards others and whatnot but I´m sure that my attitute will change when I meet someone.

But until then I´m gonna keep my pessimism.

I find it pretty difficult to get a steady girlfriend, as I have never had one.

I had a go at it about 6 weeks ago but it was just too much effort. I didn't much care for her and wasn't that interested in getting to know her so it ended fairly abruptly. There's only one girl I would actually go out with but she lives on the other side of the world again now and told me that I missed my chance with her, but she is still a good friend.

So I am just destined to have friendships or purely sexual relationships which mean nothing. Boo-ray.

Being single isn't all that bad and I don't think I could cut it in a relationship again, I like doing my own thing too much, as selfish as that sounds :P

I don't think I could drop everything for just one person, especially where friends are concerned. Im part of various different groups of people which takes up a lot of my time and they all mean a lot to me and so I wouldn't want to loose all of that by spending loads of time with just one person.

Maybe I just need to grow up a bit more :P

There is a benefit to being single

You don't lose every argument

You don't lose your money

You don't have to drop whatever you're doing wehn the girl wants something

and best of all

You don't get dragged around clothes shops acting as a carrier mule

:P

Ah, being single......

I've only just recently come to terms with it. I had a girlfriend a year or 2 back, but we just weren't made for eachother. The love was there, but steadily decreased as we discovered more about eachother.

At the moment there are a lot of women I like, but after my first relationship I've sort of forgotten what 'love' really means to me and therefore having a hard time really discovering if I REALLY love someone.

Then again, I always said to myself that there's no use in get a loved when next you'll be moving to another town in a year....

and best of all

Not all women are like that though... Arguements, now those would likely occour in any relationship at some point; Money, well... it is only cash when it comes down to it and of course if you're in a relationship then you'd want to spend money on the one you love but a relationship shouldn't revolve around how much money one or the other has, afterall you can't buy someone's affection, that needs to come naturally because it's part of the basis for a relationship.

Also if you love someone then of course you'd drop everything to help them out if they need you and as for the clothes shopping, while it may be true that a lot of girls do like to shop, some detest it and would rather do most of it online where possible so it's not a universal truth.

Of course when single you don't need to do any of these things but then it's not as if it would be a worry or concern either but when you're in a relationship you'd do these things through love for the other person not through obligation... if you feel obligated constantly while in a relationship then you've got to ask yourself if you're really in one at all. :heh:

By all means people should enjoy being single while they are but when in a relationship there's no point in looking at change as a negative as it's all part and parcel of it, letting another person into you life and becoming part of theirs is a big thing and not something to be taken lightly but if you truly love the person who you're with and are loved in return then then it's completely worth it. :)

This also happens with just female friends...or maybe just my female friends. :p

This also happens with just female friends...or maybe just my female friends. :p

Yeah, but the amount of times is so much smaller when single :p

Maybe I just need to grow up a bit more :P

Don't talk like that! Growing up is for fools.

we just weren't made for eachother. The love was there, but steadily decreased as we discovered more about eachother.

At the moment there are a lot of women I like, but after my first relationship I've sort of forgotten what 'love' really means to me and therefore having a hard time really discovering if I REALLY love someone.

Your situation reminds me of my own. The feelings I had for the one girlfriend I've had steadily decreased, and between the girls I'm interested in now I can't figure out if any of the feelings are actually love or simply infatuation.

Your situation reminds me of my own. The feelings I had for the one girlfriend I've had steadily decreased, and between the girls I'm interested in now I can't figure out if any of the feelings are actually love or simply infatuation.

Must be because we don't live on an island:laughing:

I've just started seeing my best friend from uni. We've been dodging around it for a while now, I don't think either of us really wanted to make the move but we finally got together on Wednesday night when she was round to see the new flat.

I don't mind being single at all, I do quite enjoy it sometimes. I can go out with my mates all the time and don't have to worry about anything. Being in a relationship is also great because you always have a girl (in my case anyway) to talk to when you're down and someone to do something with. You're able to have quiet nights in so much easier than if you are with your guy mates which will inevitably turns quickly from a couple of beers to a full blown night out because you're getting bored.

and best of all

I've never had that because, apart from the time we split up, we've never had an argument. I've never spent money on her because whenever I tried, she never wanted me to (and believe me I tried), she kept on insisting to spend money on me, haha. I never dropped what we were doing whenever she wanted something and vice versa and I wouldn't go clothes shopping just to be the carrier mule, haha.

The funniest thing is, we were both so much alike (apart from one or two things), it was scary. Literally everyone who met her said she was the female version of me. I think that was our problem though, we were too much alike. I think people are right when they say 'opposites attract', lol.

I think people are right when they say 'opposites attract', lol.

See now I don't think that's true... because imagine if you started to go out with someone you had absolutely nothing in common with, the relationship would die pretty quickly I would imagine; surely having at least some things in common but still having a good few of your 'own' interests is the way to go?

Because that way you both have things in common you can talk about and then hopefully you get to share in each others 'seperate' interests to a degree which keeps things interesting... that's the way I look at it anyway.

The only reasons I hate to be single is the social pressure of everyone expecting me to get a girl and marry and have kids etc, and the fact that there's plenty of sex out there that can be had and I'm not getting any.

Well I like affection as much as anyone else would, but I also love to be completely free and do whatever I want to without having to justify anything to anyone or having someone watching me or ordering me around.

It would be good, but at the same time a hassle.