Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Adopt a Word

Tellyn

Adopt a Word from just £20

Need unusual birthday, anniversary, wedding or simply romantic gift ideas? Want a fun way to donate to charity? Adopt a word is the answer!

From aardvark to Zulu the English language is up for grabs. Adoptions are exclusive for one year, and all proceeds help children who struggle to find the words they need to communicate.

http://www.adoptaword.com/

As a heads-up, "Jesus" is available. Bragging rights if I ever saw them.

Lol. Hmmm. If anyone wants to give to Charity then that's great. But you haven't made up the word and it's not named after you, it means nothing. I have the same cynical view point about most ''Adopt a...'' schemes. If people want to give money to save the Polar bears/Orangutans/Pandas then great, but does anyone really need them to ''write to you each month and include pictures''.

If someone has managed to teach a polar bear to write, or even hold a pen, I'd say it was money well spent.

And if they've taught it to do one of those awesome self taken photographs, even better.

Just once I'd like someone to recieve a letter from a polar bear saying "Today was shit. It's the same crap every day. Walk around, catch a fish, eat a fish, walk around some more, visit the mailbox to post this shit letter. If I'm lucky, there will be a penguin or two to punch about a bit. Plus it's fucking freezing. I spent your money on booze to distract from the monotony."

Lol. Hmmm. If anyone wants to give to Charity then that's great. But you haven't made up the word and it's not named after you, it means nothing. I have the same cynical view point about most ''Adopt a...'' schemes. If people want to give money to save the Polar bears/Orangutans/Pandas then great, but does anyone really need them to ''write to you each month and include pictures''.

If you send me £20 a month I shall write to you and send photos. Surely a great deal.

If you send me £20 a month I shall write to you and send photos. Surely a great deal.

Will you go extinct if I don't? Even if not, sounds like a great deal indeed. You'll have to stop posting pics though, in fact you'll have to stop posting all together; if I'm adopting you, I don't want to share you :p

Will you go extinct if I don't? Even if not, sounds like a great deal indeed. You'll have to stop posting pics though, in fact you'll have to stop posting all together; if I'm adopting you, I don't want to share you :p

I think a deal can be arranged.

And for 4 monthly installments of £299.99 I will even visit you in person and take you for dinner 'cause you know, I'm so generous.

Somehow, I doubt that Molly has to pay to have men take her out for dinner:indeed:

haha, well it hasn't happened yet.

Who said anything about men?
I don't understand, you're saying Ashley isn't a man or...no, I don't understand. :heh:

Tellyn my dear, sorry for disrupting your thread!