N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

^ But having it on your lap take away why the thing is good.

And the other problem with it is that with the mouse, noone stuggles with it - this is partly because of the tremor thing, but also because you can turn quicker as if you move your mouse far to the right and it will turn, whereas you can't do such a quick turn on the Wii remote because the remote would lose connection with the sensor bar.

And Zechs you are a complete fuckwit. I've completed Corruption on hard mode, and whilst the controls are great, there is no doubting that for turning it is not so perfect. In so many videos, even of experts, they have trouble when trying to turn and shoot at something off to the side. You're having to point to the right of the screen, wait for the camera to turn, stay still somewhat, and then try and shoot accurately. Because the mouse is so easy/speedy to manipulate, you don't get this problem.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the turning is problem is with you, because you're clearly a retard!

The way the Wii remote turns is just like the mouse/keyboard set up on a PC. Simple.

You don't play PC games, do you?

lol ok this conversation has turned nasty..

I really don't get the controls argument.. both are ways ways, some prefer others but I gotta say

fps on the wii is still very unproven...not saying it doesn't work but not everyone is convinced with the few exmaples we have..

Now if something like halo were to go motion control then that would sel the deal. That's why I say in every way the sooner sony and microsoft release the motion the better..

But motion will most likely be better for motion control eventually.. motion means new players can get into the game and twidling 2 anologue sticks is nothing pike operating a real gun after all :)

^ But having it on your lap take away why the thing is good.

And the other problem with it is that with the mouse, noone stuggles with it - this is partly because of the tremor thing, but also because you can turn quicker as if you move your mouse far to the right and it will turn, whereas you can't do such a quick turn on the Wii remote because the remote would lose connection with the sensor bar.

It's really all about how used to it the user is. Personally, I always have the problem of my mouse getting too close to the edge of my desk, or going off my mousepad when playing PC FPS games. With Wii games, I never really have the problem of the cursor going off the screen. Stuff like this really depends on the user. Its not really something that can be argued, as its all about the individual's preference, ect.

Sometimes, I used to play a lot, but to be honest my PC is no longer cutting edge, the last PC games I really loved were a few years ago, Doom 3, Quake 4 etc.

I may be sounding rude, but its obvious that you don't play much PC if you actually think that Wii Precision at turning > or = PC precision at turning.

Its a problem that since the beginning as been feared, and rightly so, as the Wiimote is not like a mouse, so its impossible to turn while getting precise moments as the mouse does.

I'm not insulting the Wii, I love it, but the Mouse is superior to the Wiimote in turning, have no doubts about that.

I may be sounding rude, but its obvious that you don't play much PC if you actually think that Wii Precision at turning > or = PC precision at turning.

Its a problem that since the beginning as been feared, and rightly so, as the Wiimote is not like a mouse, so its impossible to turn while getting precise moments as the mouse does.

I'm not insulting the Wii, I love it, but the Mouse is superior to the Wiimote in turning, have no doubts about that.

I would agree that the mouse is better, however the Wii remote is the next best thing.

Thinking about it, the issue I have with Wii FPS controls is trying to turn fast. With a stick or a mouse, the more you push it to one side, the faster you turn. With a Wiimote, you have to very precisely point it at the edge of the screen to turn fast. Too much, and you'll stop. Woo...

Thinking about it, the issue I have with Wii FPS controls is trying to turn fast. With a stick or a mouse, the more you push it to one side, the faster you turn. With a Wiimote, you have to very precisely point it at the edge of the screen to turn fast. Too much, and you'll stop. Woo...

Am I the only one who hasn't experienced this?!

Now if something like halo were to go motion control then that would sel the deal. That's why I say in every way the sooner sony and microsoft release the motion the better..

If the underside of an avatars foot is anything to go by, they can keep it.

Am I the only one who hasn't experienced this?!

I've never had this problem in games that actually have decent controls (MoH, Conduit, ect.). It was a problem in Red Steel, but that hardly counts at this point, as it was obviously the developer's fault.

Modern Warfare Wii graphics are “stunning,” says producer

As things stand, most gamers have to judge the visual quality of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Wii based on the first screenshots that were released. No official trailer or gameplay video has been shown yet, so the general consensus of the graphics hasn’t been too positive at all. Still though, Modern Warfare Wii executive producer Daniel Suarez is sticking to his guns. He claims that the graphics in the title are “stunning.”

“So, a lot of things have been done in terms of the visual fidelity. We’ve optimized the engine to get a lot more performance out of it. Improved texture quality so the visuals are really really stunning on the Wii and they look great.”

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=22942

lol

From COD boards:

• 5 vs 5 online

• Every single map and mode

• No Wii Speak or Motion Plus

• Host migration (Match will end of connection is bad or if host leaves, but then all players will be brought back to the lobby and the person with the best connection will be chosen as host.)

• Fully customizable controls (Conduit style)

• Squad mate mode is back

• Every campaign mission

• 55 Online Ranks (Not 65 like World at War, but requires slightly more to rank up so it balances out)

• Golden Guns

• Camo Guns

• All challenges

• Anti-Glitching system (Shonuff of Treyarch says they will "be able to "deal with" glitching.")

• No Ground War (Kind of Obvious as the player limit is 5 vs 5)

• Shonuff of Treyarch expects that we will get a gameplay video within the next 2 weeks, but not positive on that.

• Screenshots that were released are not the final graphics. Those are from a pre-BETA stage of the game, they will be much better when the game is released.

• Better friend system

• Wii Zapper is supported

• Cover Art is the same but just without the "4" in the title

• No Kill Cam (Kill Cam would be so glitched and messed up in the Wii version it would be ridiculous)

• Improved graphics focusing on explosions and lighting

• Game was compared side by side with the 360 version in real time in real conditions and the results were that the connections were THE SAME for each one.

• Night Vision Goggles are confirmed to be in the game.

• No offline multiplayer

• You can tilt nunchuck while sniping to lean back and forth if you turn on this option. my note: this actually refers to leaning while in ADS mode like on the PC version.

• Flashbangs

• Better knifing hit detection

• Some control info from the devs for you:

• - All of the actionslot commands (everything that was on the dpad in the xbox version) are now activated with a single "inventory" button. You hold the inventory button, then select which actionslot command you want by using the analog stick. So for nightvision, you would hold the inventory button, then flick the analog stick up. It's actually really quick and easy once you get the hang of it. Obviously we're kind of cramped for buttons on the Wii controllers, and this helped us free up controller space for more frequently used commands. (The inventory button defaults to dpad-left, but you can reassign it.)

• - Use/interact, sprint, and lock camera are all on the same button (A by default, you can remap it)

• - We're not doing a grenade select thing - too slow. Frag grenade and special grenade each have their own button. You can map either grenade to a gesture if you like, but putting a grenade on a gesture means you can't cook the grenade.

• - Compared to world at war, the alpha and bravo presets are switched, and the charlie and delta presets are switched. So the old bravo is the new alpha, and the new default config. This is because having to twist the wiimote to throw a special grenade got some serious hate in the focus tests. So if you got used to playing on alpha in world at war, you'll want to start with the bravo preset.

• - The button customizer is pretty flexible (you can assign most commands to gestures, or even to a "twist-button" if you like) so you shouldn't have much trouble finding a button config that works for you.

• - You can now rotate your gun left and right by twisting the wiimote. So if you want to hold your uzi "gangsta style" you can do that. You can turn it off if you don't like it.