N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

but this means if it goes right we have our FIRST proper fps 4 player split-screen game... you know one that ISN'T red steel or metroid prime trilogy.

What's wrong with Red Steel's split-screen? It's better than CoD4's.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you shitting me?

cod4 as in cod4 for 360 and ps3 not to be mixed up with with cod3 and codwaw for the wii?

Yea, the 360 version. There's only one map suitable for 4-players (and it's rubbish) as the rest are way too big. Red Steel's multiplayer was designed for 4 people, CoD4's wasn't.

Then again, I didn't play split screen on CoD4 much. Wasn't much point when we could all play Halo online on the same screen.

Yea, the 360 version. There's only one map suitable for 4-players (and it's rubbish) as the rest are way too big. Red Steel's multiplayer was designed for 4 people, CoD4's wasn't.

Then again, I didn't play split screen on CoD4 much. Wasn't much point when we could all play Halo online on the same screen.

but red steel if memory serves me only has 5 maps?

there is no contest here cod4s multiplayer is way better.. I never even thought id be discussing this:)

but red steel if memory serves me only has 5 maps?

there is no contest here cod4s multiplayer is way better.. I never even thought id be discussing this:)

Nah, there really is no contest, Cod 4's split-screen is a waste of time. Like Cube said, only one of the maps is suitable for 2 v 2 (i'm guessing you meant 'Shipment'?), as otherwise you spend half the game looking for your opponents. You could turn the radar on but that ruins the game.

If you could take a guest online it would be great.

The problem is, if someone's at your place, there really isn't a good FPS to play with them on the Wii at the moment you either have to play Red Steel, or go for another genre. If there already was a good Split Screen FPS it really wouldn't matter that much.

If you've got COD4 why the hell would you be playing split screen?!

and with that i give up on everything...

this might come as a shock here but MOST players STILL like to play games with their REAL friends when they're in the same room..

You know like the old days.. There's nothing wrong with split-screen gaming at all...

Kids still love bringing their friends over for a game.. and you know being social!

ONline is great but not a replacement..!

I know as people grow older they become more isolated from their friends and interests change but jesus like.

You are correct, the press release states it is to be called "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" as the thread title is named :heh:

I meant leave out the call of duty and call it modern warfare alone.............probably not going to happen for the same reaso final fantasy games are still called final fantasy..

but hey it's not a big deal.

Nah, there really is no contest, Cod 4's split-screen is a waste of time. Like Cube said, only one of the maps is suitable for 2 v 2 (i'm guessing you meant 'Shipment'?), as otherwise you spend half the game looking for your opponents. You could turn the radar on but that ruins the game.

red steels stages can be big too... and it has far fewer and the controls and are crap and the graphics are bad and there is a lack of weapons..and honestly i can go on here.. split screen suitable maps may not have been the focus on cod4 but better gameplay is better gameplay.

and there are so few maps.. It only takes you a few tried to know exactly where people are hiding..

and with that i give up on everything...

this might come as a shock here but MOST players STILL like to play games with their REAL friends when they're in the same room..

You know like the old days.. There's nothing wrong with split-screen gaming at all...

I think his point still stands. It's a big problem this current generation: most split-screen modes are non-existent or badly made. Not much point in playing it when older games are much more fun to play in split screen.

I got a 360 less than a month ago as I was frustrated with my Wii, I wish I hadn't bothered now this is coming out. Long live the Wii, and I shall hang my head in shame for my poor and hasty choice!

if it makes you feel better it'll probably be shit :D

like capcom ports shit( bar resi 4 wii)

but most likely it'll be good but it's already lacking HD and thats the start.. It;s garunteed to be the inferior version for most people for that alone.

The way to make this better is by

well more of everything.. more random on-line modes, more maps an extra weapon or something..

this probably won't happen though.. so get cod4 on 360 :D

Wii control >>>>>>>>>>>>> HD

Sorry, but no, not for FPS's, anyway. As long as the input method is functional (COD4 uses the 360's controller exceptionally well), the most important thing is framerate. On of the main blessings of HD gaming are the normally good framerates.

Its all down to preference really though, not much point in arguing about it. I thought CoD4 on the 360 and PS3 wasn't HD (720p) anyway though. It was higher than 480p, but still not technically HD. This isn't a big deal though, since the 360/PS3 upscale it.

I'm still not sure if I should buy this, or buy a used copy of CoD4 when I buy a PS3.

You missed out option 3: buy a 360, and but a used copy of CoD4...

The 360 right now is WAY below the worth of the PS3. If I ever buy a second console this gen, it will be a PS3.

This. The PS3 has more games I'm interested in at the moment as well.

It's all about the PSWii! :heh:

Yup :D Though I am actually PSWii60... I just don't see ANYTHING the 360 has over PS3 anymore....bar cheaper older games, and a few decent exclusives. But if all you have is a 360 (or all your mates have them too - likely) then there are more great games then you could ever play. I just mean given the choice... PS3 all the way...

....though I prefer the Wii, obviously....

As for this game...Hmmm.....Unless they ADD stuff....