N-Europe

Do You Ever Want Kids?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to have children of my own eventually, I think I would prefer a daugther to a son first. On the subject of names, I would probably call my son Roger if it weren't for my second name =/

Suerly the NSPCC can do something to stop anyone from being called Roger. lol

I'm split. Yes, they're a bundle of joy and new life and great responsibilty and everything, and apparantly most people's lives change for the better after having children. But they're ever such hard work, and at least 18 years of your life will be devoted to them, even more if you have more than one child.

since i dont plan on getting married till im 23/24 and you want a year or 2 of married life before the pitter patter of tiny feet - i say 25/26 would be a good age =)

ARGH!!!!!! that's terrifying!

i'm 23 next month and i cant imagine actually PLANNING to have kids in the next 2/3 years O___o more like 12/13 years!!

i want a career!

a decent house!

a few more stamps in the passport!

so much to do before having a family O_o

but yeah - as i said in LAST MONTH'S do you want kid's thread; i want, yea. but not until i've had a bit more of a life myself. :indeed:

ARGH!!!!!! that's terrifying!

i'm 23 next month and i cant imagine actually PLANNING to have kids in the next 2/3 years O___o more like 12/13 years!!

i want a career!

a decent house!

a few more stamps in the passport!

so much to do before having a family O_o

but yeah - as i said in LAST MONTH'S do you want kid's thread; i want, yea. but not until i've had a bit more of a life myself. :indeed:

But then you're having kids ooooooollld and that can lead to complications. And you'll be well old when they're leaving home.

I had my kids at 27 & 30. I like them, but it is hard work.

CIMG0769.JPG

"Pwease feed me."

I think I would like to have kids someday, and I guess maybe it is something that I have thought about quite a lot. The idea of having a nice family of my own, a nice life for myself is definitely something that I do want.

The idea of creating a new life and helping it grow up to be a person sounds pretty magical, but it carries an awful lot of responsibility. In that sense, I hope that if I ever do become a Dad that I can rise to the challenge and do a good job of it. Being a bad Father and bad husband I guess is one of my biggest fears.

It's strange, I don't remember a "Do you want kids?" thread from last moth. :confused:

There was one http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24131

And my post it STILL relevant, wooo:

Odders, I've said it before but your children are beautiful! :)

I would dearly love to have children someday. As many have said this wouldn't be for a long time, I'd want to bring them into a family that is both safe and financially secure. But who knows if it will ever happen or even be able to happen.

This is all a bit irrelevant now, I see no man beside me at the moment *looks again* Nope, heh.

I think I would like to have kids someday, and I guess maybe it is something that I have thought about quite a lot. The idea of having a nice family of my own, a nice life for myself is definitely something that I do want.

The idea of creating a new life and helping it grow up to be a person sounds pretty magical, but it carries an awful lot of responsibility. In that sense, I hope that if I ever do become a Dad that I can rise to the challenge and do a good job of it. Being a bad Father and bad husband I guess is one of my biggest fears.

Uh oh.

I have told myself for years now that I do -not- want kids and so far my opinion on that hasn't changed at all. Babies and children scare me and teenagers annoy the crap out of me. Being pregnant and especially giving birth are things that scare me to death and I just cannot see myself go through that (especially childbirth, I do not deal well with pain).

Plus I don't think I'd be responsible enough to take care of another human being; I'm having trouble enough taking care of myself really. Also don't feel old and wise enough yet, or just not yet mature enough. Haven't felt like I've been able to enjoy life that much yet, and that's something I hope to do more in the future, once I finish school and have a job and money and all that. I want to see parts of the world! And I don't feel I could do that while having kids around. They just seem like such a chore. I'd be a horrible mom haha.

If I do ever want children, I think I'd prefer to adopt than have some of my own really, even though going through adoption is a long and difficult process, but at least you'd be giving those children a chance at a better life.