NEurope

You always talk in your arguments as if everyone knows all of these things. Sheesh.

So is this ever or just while you're a marine space coyboy, or whatever?

I'm going to stick up for Danny somewhat, here. I'm not sure if giving these addicts access to these drugs is the right course of action. I do understand that it is one possible solution, but I'm not sure if it should be the first choice. I think more needs to be done to look at why people get hooked on drugs in the first place, or find themselves part of that particular culture.

I also don't think prison necessarily solves the problem either. I guess the angle I'm looking at it from is more of a prevention angle, the pro-active route. How can we do that? Education is the first step, and I can definitely say that the education that teenagers are getting to make them aware of the dangers of addiction is very good. At least in the schools I've been into anyway. However, so many people (particularly teenagers, older ones) find themselves falling into a particular crowd where drugs are being taken. Although, there are many different situations as to how people get into drugs. There's no one answer, I think.

or maybe you could stop insulting people? its not so much being insulted that bothers me, its the nature of it. the insult is one based on ignorence and has a protentaly damaging nature. if there was some one on hear preaching that all right wingers were bad id call them up on it to. its just ignorance and theres no excuse.

ive witnessed loads of small anti tory comments on here. Any way take it as an insult if you want. Or grow a pair like i say i dont car either way.

ive witnessed loads of small anti tory comments on here. Any way take it as an insult if you want. Or grow a pair like i say i dont car either way.

exactly. small. not a broad sweeping "i think right wing is stoopid" cos frankly, i dont think any one is that ill educated.

as for growing a pair, i assure you i have big, gross hairy man balls.

any way, hear about the new drugs pollocy? apparently buying heroin will get people off it. im not convinced but it may cut crime rates so who knows?

Making theft legal will lower the crime rate. It does not mean its the right thing to do.

That's not it at all. That story is about a clinic that is treating addicts with Heroin instead of Methadone and is getting great results.

That's not it at all. That story is about a clinic that is treating addicts with Heroin instead of Methadone and is getting great results.

Ahh, ok. Didn't know that, I was only going off what was posted here.

How do they ease people off the Heroin? Do they just give them less and less, until eventually they don't need the drug? I know that Methadone was used as a substitute, and that it has quite a lot of side effects.

I think that's the dealio, yeah. Apparently something like 98% of people never get off Methadone too so...it's a bit shit.

I think that's the dealio, yeah. Apparently something like 98% of people never get off Methadone too so...it's a bit shit.

I had an idea that the figure was high, but I never knew it was that high.

Being addicted to drugs must be one of the worst situations you could get yourself in. I can't imagine what it's like to have someone who's addicted in your family, or if it was your partner or something. Scary.

Yeah it's mad. I've known some pretty heavy drug users in my time but nothing I'd call an addiction, not like that. It was bad enough though.

I guess with medicinal heroin they're cutting out the cutting process and they can start cutting down the dose to manageable levels and going from there.

Frankly, I'm amazed it hasn't already become standard practice. I might ask some of my Murse friends what they make of it- they've all worked with heroin addicts before.

ah, i see. in my defence, i found out about it on bbc news in the pub, with the sound off, and i was a little drunk/high.

If only it were that simple. My studies at the moment are in this exact area. Assuming you allowed this to exist in some kind of regulated market the government would receive a few billion in tax revenue, great, and some lives would be saved, great, war on drugs over, great, some new jobs created, great. However the overarching agreement with most seems to be the "just try it once" attitude will overwhelm most. Too many lives would be ruined for it to work, not just the people taking them but family, friends etc. The multiplied effect would be catastrophic. Hence, illegal. The idea of legalising them all is nothing more than an academic toy, admittedly a fun toy to play with.

you do realise you're talking to a guy who considered voting BNP right?

This explains so much.

North America Overtaken by Europe as the World’s Richest Region

The crisis is transforming the global map of the world’s wealthiest people, with Europe nudging out North America as the richest region, according to a new report by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The report, titled Delivering on the Client Promise: Global Wealth 2009, is being released today.

Global wealth fell from $104.7 trillion in 2007, measured in assets under management (AuM), to $92.4 trillion in 2008—a decline of 11.7 percent. It was the first decline since 2001.1

The steepest decline was in North America, where wealth plummeted by 21.8 percent last year

In North America, the share of wealth held in equities fell from 50 percent in 2007 to 38 percent in 2008—but the region still had the highest proportion of wealth held in equities

Europe had $32.7 trillion in AuM, down 5.8 percent from the previous year, followed by North America, with $29.3 trillion in AuM

Latin America was the only region where wealth increased—its AuM grew by 3 percent in 2008

The very fact that he considered it explains much about his personality.

*pssstt* You're talking to him.

The very fact that he considered it explains much about his personality.

Yeah ok its bad for me to call someone a lefty but perfectly acceptable to start making remarks about other peoples political views (views i dont have, that wasnt the reason to vote for them).

I never said anything about you calling anybody anything. All I'm saying is, it takes a particular kind of personality to even consider voting BNP, whatever your reasons may be.

It's the kind of personality I like to refer to as "dumb".

I never said anything about you calling anybody anything. All I'm saying is, it takes a particular kind of personality to even consider voting BNP, whatever your reasons may be.

It's the kind of personality I like to refer to as "dumb".

Well doing nothing is even more stupid. I mean the left have reduced this country to a economic ruin, with vast numbers of people who have no interest in working living off the state. And also got the country involved in a war which the government has no will to try and win. I am a self confessed Tory. But my gut feeling is that David Cameron is just too near the center and not right enough.

So i wanted to use my vote to try and shock the parties in to having a drastic rethink. As i thought it better hoping that would happen that just sit around doing nothing waiting for the end of the world that labour are probably dragging us closer and closer to.

I then had a rethink myself after comments made about the Gurkha's and Johnson Beharry VC and decided the Tory's would just have to do.

Call me dumb if you want but i just want some change in this country and at that particular time that seemed like the best way (not that i thought they would actually gain power, just gain enough votes to make people stop and think)

Call me dumb if you want but i just want some change in this country and at that particular time that seemed like the best way (not that i thought they would actually gain power, just gain enough votes to make people stop and think)

Given the sheer level of apathy in this country with regards to politics, the difference between enough votes to "make people stop and think" and gaining power is slim indeed.

Well doing nothing is even more stupid. I mean the left have reduced this country to a economic ruin, with vast numbers of people who have no interest in working living off the state. And also got the country involved in a war which the government has no will to try and win. I am a self confessed Tory. But my gut feeling is that David Cameron is just too near the center and not right enough.

So i wanted to use my vote to try and shock the parties in to having a drastic rethink. As i thought it better hoping that would happen that just sit around doing nothing waiting for the end of the world that labour are probably dragging us closer and closer to.

I then had a rethink myself after comments made about the Gurkha's and Johnson Beharry VC and decided the Tory's would just have to do.

I'm a Conservative too, but that doesn't make a vote for the BNP any better. If you don't agree with someones views, if you don't want them to represent you, don't vote for them. Simple. A protest vote is a spoiled ballot.

Green is a much better protest vote, as it actually represents something good as well as acting as a middle-finger to the main parties. If Green somehow got into power, it wouldn't be run by racists.