Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

Sunderland have signed Frazer Campbell. Went onto their message board to see what their fans thought but there were more threads are about Newcastle's friendly against Shamrock Rovers, what Steven Taylor's goal was like and if the "scum game" was on any internet streams or radio channels. ::shrug:

Edited by BlueStar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Fergie, there will be no more Summer signing. It'll probably disappoint some people, but I'm glad as now this will hopefully put more emphasis on some of the youngsters to step up to the plate. In particular, this is where we need players like Nani to really show their quality.

I'm expecting big things from Anderson. He played well last season, but wasn't consistent enough.

I don't buy it for a minute tbh. If the right player becomes available Fergie will buy him. Pretty sure hes just frustrated because everybody knows united have the ronaldo money and have been bumping prices up. Would be surprised if there's another player in at united by the end of August personally.

I don't buy it for a minute tbh. If the right player becomes available Fergie will buy him. Pretty sure hes just frustrated because everybody knows united have the ronaldo money and have been bumping prices up. Would be surprised if there's another player in at united by the end of August personally.

It's a bit strange that he has come out with this, whilst reports are still flying about with regards to Douglas Costa and Aguero.

I do agree with the idea of him being frustrated because of the prices being bumped up. I think the prices of players have been rising in general though, especially with big names like Ibrahimovic and Ribery, which are being quoted as 50million+. Even Aguero is being prices at 35million plus. Actually, it's more like 45. It's insanity.

City in Adebayor talks

Sky Sports News understands Manchester City have held talks with Arsenal over the possible signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Adebayor has been linked with a move away from Arsenal this summer, with a number of European clubs said to be interested in his services.

Source:Sky Sports

Is the summer about to get a lot better?!

Haha, I saw that posted on SkySports and didn't know what to make of it.

Ramar, what do you make of it? Do you like the guy?

There was a time and place where I thought the man was for us, but he's pissed it all away. 07/08 season where he banged in 30 goals, he was brilliant, not just for the goals. The effort he use to put in week in week out was immense, he'd run and jump for everything. He'd grab a game by the scruff of the neck and grind a result.

Then during last summer, he made a right mug of us all. Demanding "If I play like Henry, I want to be paid like Henry". When you fucking stick 226 goals in the net mate you can have a sniff of Thierry's arse, until then you keep your mouth shut and play football.

During pre-season last year like many gooners, I let him know we weren't pleased with how he held the club to ransom. But as the season went on I was willing to forget. Then he does a ridiculous interview on football focus (dunno if anyone saw it) and he basically slated the fans, something about us not singing his song anymore and slating us for being angry about his wage demands. Mix that with some lazy mediocre performances on the pitch and I, like many, began to fall out with the bloke again.

There's also an mp3 floating round the internet where he talks to some people in Togo about football, and openly states its all about money. And he claims that all the players in the Premier League are in the game just for the money.

If I'm totally honest, if we can get £20 million selling him to Man City, I'd jump at it. Players have already committed themselves to the club this summer, and those are the ones I'd rather keep and focus on.

Bit of a mega rant.

Really quite upset to hear about John Hartson. Was one of my favourite players when he played for us and in his new career as a pundit, it was nice to hear one of them speak sense for a change.

I do definitely think that he has gone down in the fan's estimation and respect since last Summer. All the talk about him leaving for AC Milan, and it's not the first time that I've heard an Arsenal fan claim that he is lazy.

Do you think he'll go, though? And for 20 million? I don't remember seeing the rant of football focus, I may track that down.

Really quite upset to hear about John Hartson. Was one of my favourite players when he played for us and in his new career as a pundit, it was nice to hear one of them speak sense for a change.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8147852.stm

It is pretty damn awful. :( Dunno how the guy is coping. Thoughts are with him and his family.

Terrible news for John Hartson, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

---

If the rumours are true flink Man City are gonna give him £170,000 a week. He'll want to go and I'm sure Wenger won't stand in his way.

That's a lot of money. Christ. So, City would have a front-line of Santa-Cruz, Bellamy, Tevez (if the deal goes through) and Adebayor. I wonder if any of them could play together.

Don't forget Robinho too.

I think Mark Hughes has either devised a new formation of 1-4-5, or he's totally forgotten how shite his defence are.

Edited by Ramar

Don't forget Robinho too.

I think Mark Hughes has either devised a new formtions of 1-4-5, or he's totally forgotten how shite his defence are.

Haha, that formation is pretty funny. I hear Real Madrid are going to try the same thing next year. Man City, the English Real Madrid...who would've thought it? :D

I did forget about Robinho. There's also the bonus for City that they can play him out on the wing.

I really want the new season to start now. :(

Edit: Carlos Tevez has signed for City.

It was expected, but it's still sad. It's a shame, as I was a huge fan of the guy. However, the last few months with him at the club were pretty bad. Bad tempered, lots of speculation, and as a fan of the player and team, it was sad to watch. I have my own personal thoughts about the situation, which I have already detailed in this thread.

You'd think he might have saved the number 7 shirt then, rather than giving it to Owen.

Has anyone read that story about the six premiership footballers who alledgedly slept with the same girl and now they all might have contracted HIV? I wonder if it's true and if so which 6 footballlers are that dirty!

I heard about it, although wasn't it broken by The Sun? So, not sure about the reliability of it. Although, a few of the folks over at BBC 606 mentioned that Defoe, Hutton and O'Hara had all been with Danielle Lloyd, but I don't know how accurate that is either.

You'd think he might have saved the number 7 shirt then, rather than giving it to Owen.

I was a little surprised at Owen being given the Number 7 Shirt. I would've saved it for someone else, but then...who? Maybe even keep it for when someone else comes in next season, or one of the youngsters.

Na I'm backing Owen as no 7. Only other person I could see getting it would be Rooney but doubt he wanted to change numbers now.

In other news is anyone thinking Citeh are rather striker heavy?

Tevez, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Bellamy, Caicedo, Benjani, Bojinov, Evans and now there is talk of Adebayor.....

WTF? Has Hughes gone mad? defence man where's your defence?

I take it the likes of Benjani wont get a look in this year? and what of Bellamy? only signed last year, is it a case of thanks craig but see ya later? Who will he start with? how will he keep them all happy? interesting timez.

Ched Evans will most definitely be off, if I remember correctly he's been linked with several championship clubs. I reckon Benjani and Bellamy will be sold as well, who to, god knows.

But yeah, if Mark Hughes thinks his defence is currently good enough, he needs to think again.

Given that City have made bids for about a million defenders I think we can safely assume that hes int he market for a couple. As for Man Citys strikers, Robinho played wing last year and surely will do again, Evans and Caicedo appear to be both be available for loan and Benjani is probably off. That leaves Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Tevez, Adebayor and Bojinov. I think Bojinov might go out on loan as well, the chaps been constantly injured since City signed him.

Just seen that we've agreed a fee for Stewart Downing.

I wouldn't mind too much but he's out until November, and £12m is a bit much, plus I never rated him that highly.

When he does come back, though, he'll probably play on the left wing while Ashley Young moves over to the right. This could benefit Ashley because he always needed to switch to his right foot when going down that left wing. He wouldn't have that problem anymore.

There is something about Stuart Downing that I just do not like. As a player, I don't think much of him. But, maybe the manager will bring out something in him that we rarely see.

James Milner is one player who I thought was a bit under-developed at his previous club. But, O'neill has helped him out and he's showing a bit more class now. Villan, what do you think?

Martin O'Neill is known to bring out the best in his players, 'Tis why I wasn't too bothered when we got Emile Heskey.

I hope that we get to see Downing put in some good performances when he comes back. £12m is now the club record for a player fee (before it was Ashley Young's £9.65m), so he is going to need to prove that it really was money well-spent. But the pressure's going to be on, he is widely-criticised, especially by Villa fans, who always saw him as a second-rate Gareth Barry.

This does essentially mean we're replacing Gareth Barry with a younger version of Gareth Barry for the same amount of money we got for Gareth Barry.

As for Milner. He should have come to Villa earlier - two years earlier. He was on a season-long loan at Villa in 05-06 and he was just about to put pen to paper on a permanent deal the following season when Newcastle called him back. Finally, he came last year and, judging by Newcastle's downfall, it was a good move for him. He played great for us last season and deserves his England call-ups.

Moving from Newcastle was the best thing for him, even though Villa made him cry when we beat Leeds in the 1996 League Cup Final.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!