Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

Barcelona are just formidabble !

It's not just all attacking play either. They work very hard defensively, too. I was really impressed whenever Stuttgart attacked and saw just how quickly Barca got players around them. As a team, they attack and defend as a unit very, very well. As I said, I would just love to see what they do during training, because they must work so hard there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the match on but I only caught glimpses, personally I thought Stuttgart didn't get themselves on the ball and didn't close down Barcelona's players. I think a team with a capable defensive unit and a solid midfield could contain them. Barcelona's defense isn't that great if you catch them cold, they'll have Alves out of position and Puyol is a very rash defender.

But when they're on the ball they're a fabulous side to watch.

No exaggeration to say Newcastle could have beaten Scunthorpe 10-0 last night, had two goals disallowed and we could have been 6-0 up in the first 25 minutes.

Four points clear of West Brom with 10 better goal difference and a game in hand, 12 points clear of Forest with a game in hand and 23 better goal difference. So, in my opinion...

Edited by BlueStar

No exaggeration to say Newcastle could have beaten Scunthorpe 10-0 last night, had two goals disallowed and we could have been 6-0 up in the first 25 minutes.

Four points clear of West Brom with 10 better goal difference and a game in hand, 12 points clear of Forest with a game in hand and 23 better goal difference. So, in my opinion...

I wont let myself think it yet. They never fail to disapoint me lol.

Wow. Just Wow. Fulham were immense tonight. Zamora was unplayable, frustrating the Juve defence to the point of them screaming and kicking like spoilt children. Clint Dempsey's goal was absolutely stunning, he wasn't even looking where it was going.

A fantastic night for Fulham and their fans, Liverpool will never be able to follow it.

Wow. Just Wow. Fulham were immense tonight. Zamora was unplayable, frustrating the Juve defence to the point of them screaming and kicking like spoilt children. Clint Dempsey's goal was absolutely stunning, he wasn't even looking where it was going.

A fantastic night for Fulham and their fans, Liverpool will never be able to follow it.

I'm in absolute shock. Just got home from the gym, and made a huge fail as I thought the Liverpool game was on first with the Fulham one on later. Can't believe the scoreline, and I can't believe the manner of the victory. Everything I've read seems to suggest that Fulham played them off the park.

Fulham outplaying Juventus. If you told me that in the 90s, I would laughed so hard that my insides would have fallen out of my arse. Can't believe it. I'm a bit saddened as I used to fear the Juventus team, especially as a kid.

Well done, Fulham. Go on you! :)

And now, all that's on telly is this shitty Liverpool game. :weep:

Also, tonight, Owen Hargreaves played 45 mins in the reserves against Burnley. :)

This is good news and infact was just reading the match report on manutd.com.

Also, just seen the Fulham game on Five. Dempsey's goal at the end was sublime! blatantly meant to cross it but still great goal and what a match. The sending off was dubious but meh.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL DRAW:

Lyon v Bordeaux

Bayern Munich v Manchester United

Arsenal v Barcelona

Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

SEMI-FINAL DRAW:

Inter Milan/CSKA Moscow v Arsenal/Barcelona

Bayern Munich/Manchester United v Lyon/Bordeaux

----

Cracking draw. Arsenal - Barca should be a great match. Two great footballing clubs, will be expecting Barca to take it though unfortunately.

Ahh, we're encountering the old enemy in the Champions League, Ze Germans. I went "ouuuuch" when I saw the Arsa-Barca fixture. That'll be great to watch. But, I'm kinda glad its not us. I don't think we're quite ready to face them, mentally. :heh:

I'm so nervous over tomorrow's game. I just hope the guys are not thinking about the previous 3 games too much. Also, I hope Vidic manages to last the 90 minutes...don't go for 4 in 4.

Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. A mixture of excitement and nervousness. I was like this before the away game against Meeelan, and the away game against Arsenal. But, they turned out well. Here's hoping for this.

Watched the Villa/Wolves game earlier. Felt pretty sorry for Wolves, but in reality they probably would have taken a point beforehand. A point at Villa Park is a great one. But, so close to taking all 3.

A good night of football all in all. Celtic were comprehensively beaten in a match which pretty much has no meaning apart from that it should hopefully mean that Mowbray gets the boot AND Rangers lost to Dundee Utd in the Cup even though they had 12 men on the park. Utd should've had at least 1 penalty in the first half and easily could've been 3. Few other very dodgy decisions too.

Everton have beaten City 2-0 at their ground. Ahh, that feels nice. Can't believe they hadn't lost at home all season.

I thought the Spurs/Fulham game tonight was pretty entertaining. I still can't believe just how well Gareth Bale is playing this year. Hope he keeps eet up.

I know it gets said every year but I'm going to do it again. Spurs look like they are building a decent squad. Gomes, Bale, Modric, Palacios, Kanjcar and now this Sandro, quite worryingly none, aside from Gomes, is over 25.

I know it gets said every year but I'm going to do it again. Spurs look like they are building a decent squad. Gomes, Bale, Modric, Palacios, Kanjcar and now this Sandro, quite worryingly none, aside from Gomes, is over 25.

Where's that yawn smiley.. oh yeah here it is :zzz: ..

Where's that yawn smiley.. oh yeah here it is :zzz: ..

Hehehe, alright. You guys are still top dog in North London and yes it gets said every year but they do have a strong squad. I'm glad Sandro hasn't moved to Real, always love it when Real targets move to other clubs.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!