N-Europe

Football Season 2009/2010

Mr-Paul

I don't know what the ref is playing at. Everytime the ball goes out for a corner he gives a goal kick and vice-versa. Fuck-tard.

Aayo...... 2 - 1. Thomas again :D:yay:

I didn't think we were gonna score any more today with the way Ferderici is playing.

:EDIT:

3 - 1. Thats surely 3 points guarenteed.

Boing Fucking Boing :yay:

Edited by DuD

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not watch the Villa game. I was tucked up in bed, under the illusion that Chelsea would win so decided to have a lie-in.

Thank fuck for MoTD AND Football First! :grin::yay::bouncy:

Dude, that's poor. :heh:

I watched the game, and I thought Villa gave a good account of themselves. Your defence were on something today...Warnock particularly impressed me. Very good game. Chelsea had a few chances that they should have put away. A very, very good three points for you.

I'm very pleased with the United win. I got pretty nervy towards the end when Bolton got a goal back, but I'm glad we finished the game with three points. Valencia scoring the winner, too. Good stuff. :D

Also...Liverpool losing against Sunderland. In...quite bizzare circumstances.

The beach ball/balloon was thrown onto the pitch by a Liverpool fan. I'm still watching it to see if the ball touches the ball(oon) or if Glen Johnson touches it last.

Thats pretty harsh, but you can't help laughing.

I don't think Johnson touches the ball because it would have shown a more obvious deflection the other way (towards Reina).

United Bolton was my only correct prediction :grin: I think i'm gonna have to stop tipping Liverpool to win. It seems i jinx them.

:EDIT:

Just checked the Newcastle score. If Forrest hold onto their lead we'll be top of the league :D

Edited by DuD

No sympathy at all from me. From what I've seen, they played a 5-4-1 formation today. So, 5 defenders on the field, plus the goalkeeper...surely one of them should have had the prescence of mind to remove the ball. It was right infront of goal!

A very good day for United, with Chelsea and Liverpool both losing. Also, Arsenal have 18 points with only 8 games played for them. They're giving a good account of themselves this season.

Also...Liverpool losing against Sunderland. In...quite bizzare circumstances.

Was great. We've been threatening an upset for a while now.

Never knew a thing about the ball until I came home and saw all the headlining.

Onwards and upwards, (I just hope Catts and Jones aint too bad, both Hospitalised!)

Was great. We've been threatening an upset for a while now.

Never knew a thing about the ball until I came home and saw all the headlining.

Onwards and upwards, (I just hope Catts and Jones aint too bad, both Hospitalised!)

The Jones injury caused some trouble too! I was expecting Steve Bruce to smack Rafa. :D

The Jones injury caused some trouble too! I was expecting Steve Bruce to smack Rafa. :D

Rafa was twisting about 'time wasting' yet Jones was laid out, crippled on the pitch!

They got 7 minutes of injury time and still couldn't create anything past two passes. Rafa's feeling the strain already. :bouncy:

With Bruce's nose I'm sure he could take a smack or two...

Rafa was twisting about 'time wasting' yet Jones was laid out, crippled on the pitch!

They got 7 minutes of injury time and still couldn't create anything past two passes. Rafa's feeling the strain already. :bouncy:

With Bruce's nose I'm sure he could take a smack or two...

I can't wait to watch the game tonight on Match of the Day. It sounds like this game had everything. Kinda. :heh:

Brucey is tough. I wouldn't want to piss him off. Although, whenever he speaks, he sounds so softly spoken.

I'm watching Sky Sports News right now. They're going to try and get a referee on the phone live later, as they want some clarification on the events of the game. Basically, they want to know if the game should have been stopped momentarily and the ball to be cleared.

Again, why one of the Liverpool players didn't have the prescence of mind to clear it themselves is way beyond me.

If only Man Utd had slipped up (ignoring Tottenham because we all know they won't be that far up come the end of the season) it would have almost been a superb Saturday's football. But I'll take Liverpool and Chelsea losing. If we win our game in hand we'll be breathing down United's neck.

As for our game, brilliant first half, shakey the second, and Diaby is crap (bastard missed a sitter in the last minute, would have won me £45). Also Birmingham City prove to the world, again, that they are a classless club by singing "There's only one Martin Taylor" when Theo was down injured. :angry:

If only Man Utd had slipped up (ignoring Tottenham because we all know they won't be that far up come the end of the season) it would have almost been a superb Saturday's football. But I'll take Liverpool and Chelsea losing. If we win our game in hand we'll be breathing down United's neck.

As for our game, brilliant first half, shakey the second, and Diaby is crap (bastard missed a sitter in the last minute, would have won me £45). Also Birmingham City prove to the world, again, that they are a classless club by singing "There's only one Martin Taylor" when Theo was down injured. :angry:

When I read that Tottenham dig, I went "oooooooo."

Chants like that are very tasteless. I was looking at one of those youtube videos earlier about the Beachball goal (different to the one I posted) where one poster in the comments section just typed "Munich Munich Munich!" Bastards. People can be arseholes.

When I read that Tottenham dig, I went "oooooooo."

Chants like that are very tasteless. I was looking at one of those youtube videos earlier about the Beachball goal (different to the one I posted) where one poster in the comments section just typed "Munich Munich Munich!" Bastards. People can be arseholes.

That's disgraceful, these people aren't football fans at all, their just total thugs. These kind of people should be banned from watching football IMO.

Now, Liverpool...we aren't good enough. Why did he play Spearing instead of Mashcherano(sp)!? I don't understand why anyone would do that, it's just heaping pressure onto him, and he shouldn't be put in to that position. He was practically replacing Gerrard, what the hell must he of been thinking?

Edited by MadDog

That's disgraceful, these people aren't football fans at all, their just total thugs. These kind of people should be banned from watching football IMO.

Now, Liverpool...we aren't good enough. Why did he play Spearing instead of Mashcherano(sp)!? I don't understand why anyone would do that, it's just heaping pressure onto him, and he shouldn't be put in to that position. He was practically replacing Gerrard, what the hell must he of been thinking?

I would imagine mascherano didnt play because he would have only got back from Argentina on Friday.

0-1 Swansea. Bit gutting, thankfully Newcastle also lost at Scunthorpe.

Ruddy sods law that Craig Beattie would score past us. He couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards for us :indeed:

A bit of a dissapointing display for our forwards tonight, can't be too harsh on them though considering Wood is 17 and Moore is recovering from the nightmare he apparently had under Mowbray. However I think if we do manage to regain premier league status come the end of the season, Peace is gonna have to let the moths out of his wallet and purchase a goal scorer (sp?) otherwise we'll struggle yet again. What we've got at the moment is barely cutting it in the Championship.

I really hope Simon Cox doesn't turn out to be the flop he is looking to be at the moment. He's squandered some glorious chances for us so far this season. I can't understand how someone hitting goals for fun last season can't even get a shot on target this season. Come on fella

On a more positive note: Jara looks to be a solid purchase, easily the best man on the field for us tonight in yet another decent performance. Thomas played fairly well too after he got over himself and his display on Saturday.

[/thinking out loud]

If we don't get a result against Man United, then i really can see Benitez getting the sack, he's had more than enough time as Manager, and he keeps failing in the Prem year after year.

Time for a change methinks.

I said to my brother that if Liverpool lose on Sunday, then that's 5 games in a row without a win. Really, I don't think his superiors have the guts to sack him, or the courage. For that reason, I think he'll stay. But, the situation is spiralling into a huge mess. If Liverpool were playing good football and putting in good performances, then maybe you could look at some of the positives. But, I don't think they're even doing that. Defensively, I think the only player who looks consistent is the keeper Reina.

Quite a few United players didn't travel to Moscow for the game tomorrow. Rooney didn't travel, neither did Giggs, Evra, Fletcher or Park from what I know. These are all starters in big games, and they'll be fresh for Sunday if all are fit in time (Park may not be, he's the biggest doubt, but all the rest have picked up minor injuries...I would expect that they would be fit in time for Sunday). That's a huge worry for Liverpool. And, again, it just emphasises how "thin" Rafa's squad looks at the moment. I'm betting that even without all of these players, Man United will still get a result against CSKA. There's still enough quality there to go and get something. Could Rafa leave out as many vital players and still get a result? In my opinion, no. And that is why they will find it difficult to still compete for the Premier League, let alone on multiple fronts.

Dud: Sorry to hear about the loss. I think the Newcastle defeat is a little bit of a let off for you. In my opinion, I think you'll still come back up next year. If not, the year after. The bigger problem with West Brom is retaining that Premier League status once you have it. I think that is something that has plagued the club for quite a long time, in my opinion anyway. It can be done, though.

Also, I followed the Rangers score on the BBC Live Updates. It was shocking to say the least. They were the home team and started out with a 4-5-1 formation? Sure, they got an early goal, but to go on and then concede 4 goals with what is seen as a hugely defensive formation...that's disturbing, in my opinion. I've got a close friend who is a Rangers fan and I could just imagine her tearing her hair out whilst watching it.

Everything you just said is totally correct in my eyes, there's no depth, and what about when we get to the latter part of the season? Injuries, suspensions will start to occur, then the squad will be even thinner than it is now! Now that's worrying. I really hope we make signings in January, but then the problem of finance comes up. We have no money.

Isn't the future looking rosey...:(

Everything you just said is totally correct in my eyes, there's no depth, and what about when we get to the latter part of the season? Injuries, suspensions will start to occur, then the squad will be even thinner than it is now! Now that's worrying. I really hope we make signings in January, but then the problem of finance comes up. We have no money.

Isn't the future looking rosey...:(

There have been so many players that have come through the doors at Liverpool, something like 67 since Rafa has been there? That's a huge amount of players. Granted, there have been some good signings in there. Torres has been the biggest, or one of the biggest. However, there are some areas I just don't think have been fully addressed in the time he's been there. He's built part of a squad, but there's still pieces of the jigsaw missing. In my opinion, Alonso was integral to your midfield, and he just simply hasn't been replaced.

There is part of an argument there that he just hasn't had a huge budget to work off, and that he may need to sell before he buys. In my opinion, I don't think he's shrewd enough in the transfer market at all. Look at some of the players that Steve Bruce bought in at Wigan and Sunderland. Cana cost around the 5 million mark (I think), and he's easily worth triple that now, probably more. Players like Figueroa and Rodallega have made big impacts at Wigan. Look at the signing of Bent for Sunderland. He's been scoring goals, and he clearly has goals in him. Look at the signings of Vidic and Evra for United. The bank didn't have to be broken, and it is clear to see the impact that these two have had whilst being at the club.

67 players is a lot of players to have coming in and out of the club, and I would argue that there is no possible way that you can effectively judge that amount of players over the time he's been in there. Look at the Robbie Keane fiasco. Why was he only given barely half a season whilst Voronin and Lucas are still being given chances at Liverpool? Today, I think a player like Robbie Keane would have been very useful for them, rather than having Voronin come off the bench to replace Yossi. (shocking substitution, imo. He's been one of their more influential players for quite some time. It's like us taking off Berbatov for...Nani, or something. Except I still have faith in Nani.)

Benitez has been 1 game away from the sack how many times now. Come under pressure and make it out the other end once fine, twice maybe. The amount of times there have been calls for his head is ridiculous.

Had he not won the Champions League, I honestly believe he would have gone by now.

It's almost insane to think that Chelsea parted Mourinho over much lesser circumstances. I don't think they've been quite the same since. Certainly not as "invincible" as they had seemed to be whilst under him.

Benitez, I believe, has never made a quality signing. You look at the people who have succeeded at 'pool that he signed, Torres for example was a star already and we all knew he would be great anywhere. He just doesn't have the eye to find god players for around 5-10mil. Evra and Vidic are examples of how united do it, Arsenal did it with Nasri, Arshavin etc and Chelsea... well I suppose money doesn't really matter to them they can buy several stars in one transfer window. Even a player like Babel, who looked like a great prospect, has flopped. I think if he went to Arsenal he could have been a different player.