NEurope

I'm disgusted, 2-0 up early in the second half, we sat back and invited Wigan on, they didn't seem to have any response but they did look threatening going forward, the fans had stopped making a ruckus...And then Wigan score 3 in 10 minutes. I mean what the hell were Arsenal playing at sitting back so early in the second half? The little hope of the title we had at half time, nullified by shocking tactics and defending from the players. If I had a scarf, hat or whatever, I'd have thrown it on the ground. Rosicky and Nasri were pretty dire and thats the replacement for our Midfield, we also were relying on Bendtners height too much, punting balls up to him, he hardly won any of them that might have had meaning.

I always feared when I saw Fabianski in goal, he's got a long way to go.

Next year lads, next year.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I was bloody watching that match, but when Arsenal went 2-0 up my parents said "That's going to be it." and flicked over to the Chinese GP.

In fact, in the pre-match interview with Martin O'Neill, the reporter said "The Wigan versus Arsenal match has shown that the season has had a lot of twists with the title race..." and we just assumed he meant how Arsenal were back in it after Chelsea losing and beating Wigan...Nope.

Still, it's Arsenal's misfortune, and I laugh.

(But then dazzybee comes along with his typical Spurs behaviour and completely spoils it for me, because he annoys me.) :hmm:

Also, I found this and may be of some interest: Italia 90 sticker album scans

Edited by Roostophe

Could not believe that. I thought Wigan started off well, but you'd have put your house on Arsenal finishing the game on top after getting the second. Really remarkable. Once Wigan got the first, I was cheering them on to get an equaliser. They really surprised me, as I thought they'd see the game out and get a draw. But no, they push on and get the third. They have bottle, you've got to give them that. They kept going and going, and they've earned those points.

I do think they need someone up top with some quality, though. They can play some good football, but there were a few times where they wasted their opportunities. They get the ball into good positions but I think they need someone in the box who can cause problems. Moses looked good for them when he came on, but I think they're short of an attacking player or two.

(But then dazzybee comes along with his typical Spurs behaviour and completely spoils it for me, because he annoys me.) :hmm:

Was there any need for that?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

In all serious, though, I did find myself thinking "LOL, Arsenal" after they lost to Spurs. But when I came on here and saw dazzybee gloating I just shook my head.

I could understand him gloating, I mean, why shouldn't he?, but he only seems to delight in Arsenal's misery rather than Spurs' glory. How many times has he gone on about Arsenal losing and going another season without winning anything compared to Spurs winning? I need to look back at when Spurs won the Carling Cup and see how he reacted to that...

Meh, whatever. In other news: Gotta love The Fonz. :grin:

In all serious, though, I did find myself thinking "LOL, Arsenal" after they lost to Spurs. But when I came on here and saw dazzybee gloating I just shook my head.

I could understand him gloating, I mean, why shouldn't he?, but he only seems to delight in Arsenal's misery rather than Spurs' glory. How many times has he gone on about Arsenal losing and going another season without winning anything compared to Spurs winning? I need to look back at when Spurs won the Carling Cup and see how he reacted to that...

Meh, whatever. In other news: Gotta love The Fonz. :grin:

Yeah, he should be celebrating his own victory rather than somebody else's loss. But, you just made it sound like hated the guy, heh.

Yeah, he should be celebrating his own victory rather than somebody else's loss.

You should see some Rangers fans up here.

I'm pretty positive that the majority of 'die-hard' Rangers fans would prefer to see Celtic losing than Rangers win. Maybe its because I know more Rangers fans than Celtic, but I'm also pretty sure that there are far more Rangers fans who do that than Celtic who do the opposite. I know it probably sounds like sour grapes but how many Celtic fans did you hear doing things like this when le Guen was in charge of Rangers?

I was at Wigan today. I am not amused. That is all.

Unlucky, dude.

On a positive note, I have to say that Eastmond is quality. Looked really good today.

You should see some Rangers fans up here.

Heh, I don't need to, I've already had the pleasure of meeting some Liverpool and Leeds fans. I've had lemons that are less bitter.

I'm pretty positive that the majority of 'die-hard' Rangers fans would prefer to see Celtic losing than Rangers win. Maybe its because I know more Rangers fans than Celtic, but I'm also pretty sure that there are far more Rangers fans who do that than Celtic who do the opposite. I know it probably sounds like sour grapes but how many Celtic fans did you hear doing things like this when le Guen was in charge of Rangers?

I know it's part of the jokey side of football, but sometimes it can be quite sad. I like to see other teams give Liverpool a pasting, or give Arsenal the run-around, but first and foremost you should always look at your own team. There's this one Leeds friend of mine who just gets on my fucking nerves. ALWAYS making comments on his facebook about Man United losses, but he should be looking at his own team. He would be thrilled to play against Bayern Munich or against Man City, and he knows it.

When I saw Wenger put Van Persie on, I was thinking, "why now? He wouldn't get a chance to influence the game like at Spurs". And he didn't, mainly because he couldn't get service and Bendtner couldn't seem to get possession from the long punts forward. I also think subbing him for Eastmond was a strange one as well, I'd have been sure if Eastmond had still been on the pitch, he might have been able to put N'Zogbia off considering the last ditch defending he was managing to pull off, but at 2-2 it seemed all or nothing for a title challenge.

Unlucky, dude.

On a positive note, I have to say that Eastmond is quality. Looked really good today.

Heh, I don't need to, I've already had the pleasure of meeting some Liverpool and Leeds fans. I've had lemons that are less bitter.

I know it's part of the jokey side of football, but sometimes it can be quite sad. I like to see other teams give Liverpool a pasting, or give Arsenal the run-around, but first and foremost you should always look at your own team. There's this one Leeds friend of mine who just gets on my fucking nerves. ALWAYS making comments on his facebook about Man United losses, but he should be looking at his own team. He would be thrilled to play against Bayern Munich or against Man City, and he knows it.

EVERY Leeds fan is like that, it really annoys me. The fact is that there a small club who are struggling to get out of League One.

When I saw Wenger put Van Persie on, I was thinking, "why now? He wouldn't get a chance to influence the game like at Spurs". And he didn't, mainly because he couldn't get service and Bendtner couldn't seem to get possession from the long punts forward. I also think subbing him for Eastmond was a strange one as well, I'd have been sure if Eastmond had still been on the pitch, he might have been able to put N'Zogbia off considering the last ditch defending he was managing to pull off, but at 2-2 it seemed all or nothing for a title challenge.

Funny enough, I was thinking that Wigan and Arsenal were quite similar in what areas they need to improve. Wigan really lack someone up front who will come up with a goal. Arsenal have Bendtner, but really I think fans wanted to see Van Persie. Even then, I think Arsenal would benefit from another forward, but it looks like you're making progress there with Chamakh, and anyway Bendtner can be great on his day. But its all about options. Its never bad to have someone on the bench who can give you a goal.

I think both teams needed someone in midfield who would run things. An enforcer type of player, a general. You have Song, and on his day he is brilliant. Wigan need someone like this, too, I feel. Today and against Spurs, the team would have benefited from him. Someone who can cover the defence and look at the whole pitch in front of him, and dictate the game accordingly. United had Paul Scholes in that role yesterday, and he was outstanding. Arsenal didn't have that today. It's those sorts of areas that Arsenal need to improve because at some point in each season you will probably have to do without Fabregas or Song or Arshavin. Just like others teams have to cope.

EVERY Leeds fan is like that, it really annoys me. The fact is that there a small club who are struggling to get out of League One.

There's bound to be some decent Leeds fans out there. We just haven't met them yet. I enjoy the games against them, but I wish they would show a bit more grace or class.

Do we take pride in the fact it was two ex-Newcastle players who helped sink Arsenal? Well, I guess.

I mean, take pride in the fact that two of our old boys came up to scratch, not glory in the defeat of others, that's a bit naughty.

I can't believe Titus Bramble has come good since he left us... time was he and Boumsong were just... a public nuisance on the football field.

Do we take pride in the fact it was two ex-Newcastle players who helped sink Arsenal? Well, I guess.

I mean, take pride in the fact that two of our old boys came up to scratch, not glory in the defeat of others, that's a bit naughty.

I can't believe Titus Bramble has come good since he left us... time was he and Boumsong were just... a public nuisance on the football field.

Haha. :heh:

Titus Shambles and Charles Insomnia, weren't it? Heh. Also, I was never much of a fan of James Milner at Newcastle, but he is looking a much different player at Villa. Better in every single department.

Or Tight arse Bramble. That one doesn't quite flow so well though.

I always remember N'Zogiba as being alright, but Bramble was truly awful. Maybe we just couldn't train people, especially defenders :heh:

Or Tight arse Bramble. That one doesn't quite flow so well though.

I always remember N'Zogiba as being alright, but Bramble was truly awful. Maybe we just couldn't train people, especially defenders :heh:

Haha, I like that. Tight arse.

You made up for it by having Shay Given between the sticks, though. He got you out of some sticky patches.

You can thank your lucky stars that you never had Massimo Taibi. :shakehead

:nono:

He only lasted 3 games didn't he? It was when the main 2 got injured, 3rd keeper was called in... Stupid Massimo. He had a good game against Liverpool and then did that.

He only lasted 3 games didn't he? It was when the main 2 got injured, 3rd keeper was called in... Stupid Massimo. He had a good game against Liverpool and then did that.

He played around 3 or 4 games, yeah. In the 3-2 win against Liverpool, that game against Southampton. Famously, that 5-0 defeat against Chelsea...

Just checked up, he got the man of the match award for the game against Liverpool. No idea how, as I remember him flapping at crosses. He made a few decent saves, I'll give him that, one or two great saves, but he was one of the worst players I've ever seen.

The two keepers you're thinking of were Mark Bosnich and Raymond Van Der Gouw. Can't say either of them were particularly great...apart from a few standout games, they were a bit carp, imo. Easily the best keeper we've had since The Great Dane has been the one we have now, Van Der Sar. I fear we're going to go through a troublesome patch trying to find his successor. Tommy K is pretty good and has done alright this season, but I don't know how him or Ben Foster would cope being number one.

Thinking about it, City got an absolute bargain with Shay Given. I feel we could have been in the market for him. Hmm. 8 million? Missed a trick there.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

But I didn't. So what's your point? I didn't make any post about Arsenals humilation against Wigan... That brilliant amazing result today.... I never came in and said anything... You know, the team Spurs beat 9-1 and 3-0... that team.... that Arsenal lost to today.... Why would I come in here and say anything about it....about the fact that all the Arsenal fans thought they were back in the title race after what Spurs did to Chelsea.... But then they lost to Wigan..... After being 2-0 up..... And now their seasons over.....??!!

Yeah exactly, why shouldn't I? And please go through this thread and bring up every time I bring up Arsenal losing please!! Do it. You're just feeding off what Ramar said about me caring more about Arsenal losing than Spurs winning. Which is just ridiculous.

Aren't you the one who everyone met at the meet and pretty much everyone hated? Explains it.....

You see, we can all be dicks for no reason...

Yeah, he should be celebrating his own victory rather than somebody else's loss. But, you just made it sound like hated the guy, heh.

Can I just add that at no point have I celebrated anything other than Spurs win. Yeah of course I want to wind Ramar up too, but obviously Spurs winning is what I'm bothered about!!

I hope Arsenal get a fantastic win next weekend for example!!

Come on, guys. Peace, love and football and all that.

Dazzy, I love what Tottenham have done this season and will be delighted if they finish fourth above Liverpool and City.

But for next weekend, I really hope we give you a good hiding...which probably won't happen, given your form. Definitely no 9-1s in that game.

Can I just add that at no point have I celebrated anything other than Spurs win. Yeah of course I want to wind Ramar up too, but obviously Spurs winning is what I'm bothered about!!

I hope Arsenal get a fantastic win next weekend for example!!

I know, it's part of the football banter and all that. I said that in a post earlier.

Come on, guys. Peace, love and football and all that.

Dazzy, I love what Tottenham have done this season and will be delighted if they finish fourth above Liverpool and City.

But for next weekend, I really hope we give you a good hiding...which probably won't happen, given your form. Definitely no 9-1s in that game.

To be honest, I think you will beat us. But I'm absolutely fine with that. I'd rather Man U win the league than Arsenal or Chelsea too. Still think we'll get 4th...as long as the goons beat City that is....

Yeah exactly, I'm only messing about. That's what football fans do to each other :) I would have expected Ramar to do the same if it was the other way around.

To be honest, I think you will beat us. But I'm absolutely fine with that. I'd rather Man U win the league than Arsenal or Chelsea too. Still think we'll get 4th...as long as the goons beat City that is....

It won't be an easy game. I've got a feeling one goal might do it. Spurs look like they can find the net a lot easier than we can at the moment. If you tighten up the midfield then you'll frustrate us, as we rarely have won this season when our midfield have been overrun or pressured. Will Palacios be playing? If so, him and/or Huddlestone in the middle will be big for you.

Then, there's Bale on that left side. So, Bale and Benoit versus (probably) Gary and Valencia. That'll be a big battle, too. Valencia has been brilliant this season, and I'm confident he'll do a good job on that side. Tracked back wonderfully against Bellamy yesterday.

We need the win, so I really, really hope that drives us. Even then, it might not be enough. Chelsea have to go to Liverpool without Fernando Torres...if Chelsea go there knowing they need a win, I think they'll get it. You'd expect them to.

I don't know if Arsenal will beat City. Really can't call that one. Again, it depends on the midfield. If City pressure Arsenal and hurry them, I reckon they'll pinch it. It'll be a nightmare if City get fourth. Indespensable budget + Champions League Football = better players coming their way. If Tottenham can't get fourth this season, I seriously doubt they'll be able to get it next season, unless another team really cocks up. So really, for Villa, Everton (and probably Liverpool) and your sake, we better pray they don't get fourth. :heh:

Obviously it'll make the league interesting for everyone else/the neutrals, but that's besides the point!

Used to really rate N'Zogbia, even though he'd mope aroudn the pitch for a while you always felt that when he had the ball something could happen and he always went forwards and tried to make soemthing out of it, even if he ran down some blind alleys. Bramble was always prone to high profile gaffes, but he got better during his time here. I remember Liverpool fans cheering when we brought him on against them and he proceeded to play an absolute blinder.

I really liked Milner as well, mostly because he always put 100% in so I was sad to see him go. He wasn't all that popular amongst the fans though, mainly because in spite of being a winger his crossing got worse and worse every game.

Given looks great on highlight reels and there's no doubt he's a top quality shot stopper who pulls out hollywood saves. But his basics are poor for some reason, his distribution was crap, he never seemed to talk to his defenders and he was terrified of coming off his line.

Its all a bit of fun really when you laugh at your friend's team losing what was expected to be a win.

I still think Man United were bloody jammy with that win at the weekend. Last few seconds >_<

Its strange how Chelski managed to beat Man U, and play a convincing game, then for no reason play really dull and uninspired football against Bolton or Spurs. Congrats to Spurs though, they are playing some good football. They should beat Man U to just round it all off really.

I have a Spurs fan as a mate. He does piss me off though. Just randomly chants Tottenham chants and knows all the times that they've ever won against other teams. It does get a bit too much sometimes, but he's a die hard fan, I can't say I am (=/= glory hunter, just don't have time nor money to see as many matches as I'd like).

I must say this season has been more exciting for me anyway than the last few. Dramatics of Champions league, Premier league being so close still etc. I wouldn't even say its because the top 3 clubs have been so dominant, its because the rest of the league has caught up and now its all a much bigger challenge!

It won't be an easy game. I've got a feeling one goal might do it. Spurs look like they can find the net a lot easier than we can at the moment. If you tighten up the midfield then you'll frustrate us, as we rarely have won this season when our midfield have been overrun or pressured. Will Palacios be playing? If so, him and/or Huddlestone in the middle will be big for you.

Then, there's Bale on that left side. So, Bale and Benoit versus (probably) Gary and Valencia. That'll be a big battle, too. Valencia has been brilliant this season, and I'm confident he'll do a good job on that side. Tracked back wonderfully against Bellamy yesterday.

We need the win, so I really, really hope that drives us. Even then, it might not be enough. Chelsea have to go to Liverpool without Fernando Torres...if Chelsea go there knowing they need a win, I think they'll get it. You'd expect them to.

I don't know if Arsenal will beat City. Really can't call that one. Again, it depends on the midfield. If City pressure Arsenal and hurry them, I reckon they'll pinch it. It'll be a nightmare if City get fourth. Indespensable budget + Champions League Football = better players coming their way. If Tottenham can't get fourth this season, I seriously doubt they'll be able to get it next season, unless another team really cocks up. So really, for Villa, Everton (and probably Liverpool) and your sake, we better pray they don't get fourth. :heh:

Obviously it'll make the league interesting for everyone else/the neutrals, but that's besides the point!

It's a tricky one. I think Palacios SHOULD come back into the team. Modric and THudd have been great in the middle but Palacios is fantastic. I think what will happen is he will come in, Modric moves to left wing and Bale back at LB (His best position). Which I think makes us really strong. Lennon could be back too so that would be a huge bonus to be able to bring him on.

Still think you'll win though. Just hope Arsenal do too then we're well in control. Exciting season!!