N-Europe

The Nintendo Mafia: Battle for Nintendo Land

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote: Chairdriver Something has to be done, you are suspicious but I personally feel there are more suspicious people.

Well vote for them then!

Following the crowd makes you suspicious.

I hate how this has all sprung from the fact I was one of the few people actually trying to work things out. Next time I'll be sure to just go along neutrally agreeing with people - that seems to work much better.

When I die and you see I'm town I hope you look back and see it from my point of view - it's just really frustrating when it seems half the town is sitting there hoping that someone else will point at the mafia for them. Even if you don't have a power, you can still work stuff out!

Personally I want to go Vote: Dyson.

I just thought I'd help get a majority because we don't seem to be getting anywhere =/ I would have knowledge onto whether or not cube was actually good but you blocked me!

Haha I;m getting confused between the mafias.

My personal hunch is not dyson. Vote: No lynch

Quite honestly; Tellyn silences (even though Jonnas says it's Gizmo that was fox, and it can't be gizmo, Tellyn and maase being three similar-looking furry creatures), cube protects with a magical barrier (tellyn first night, chairdriver the next).

I think they could all three be mafia.

Not hearing from the link-type character (who protected the killer the first night) makes me assume that link is evil too.

and;

How do you know I'm mafia?

You have just as much on me as we did on Tellyn, and we didn't lynch him...

I could push the specific wording here :P He doesn't say "Why you you think I'm mafia?", he doesn't say "How do you know if I'm mafia?" He does say that we know just as much about him as we do about tellyn, and personally that just means he's as good a vote to cast as tellyn is.

But that^ is a lot vaguer than the hunch (above) is.

I could push the specific wording here :P He doesn't say "Why you you think I'm mafia?", he doesn't say "How do you know if I'm mafia?" He does say that we know just as much about him as we do about tellyn, and personally that just means he's as good a vote to cast as tellyn is.

That's just being anally pedantic about things. I was writing from your point of view (if that makes sense (it makes sense to me)).

People have done studies into whether mafia members are more likely to say "the town" or "we" and the conclusion is always that there is no correlation.

It would be different if we were talking face to face.

What? No. Ell would've known for sure...

Not really, he could easily be a cop of questionable sanity.

(I hate using that argument though - but I'm just saying)

This is ridiculous, you're going to be no closer to finding out who the mafia is in this game by lynching me. You'll know that Bowser was good, and that Fox McCloud is good, and you'll be at a dead end. Same thing goes for chairdriver, no one's working on anything other than hunches.

We could just admit we have nothing solid and leave it for today, but then it's just pointlessly letting the mafia have another easy night.

I assume I'll be roleblocked/silenced/killed in some fashion now that people know what I can do, too.

Chair out of pure interest where are the results of these studies? Who would do all these tests?!

People who have no life outside the internet? Someone who's prepared to look through loads and loads of past games and analyse everything said?

Basically because mafia members know that they have to look like their townies, think that one way of saying things will make them seem mafia-like, so they do the opposite, so there is really no correlation at all.

I assume I'll be roleblocked/silenced/killed in some fashion now that people know what I can do, too.

Bear in mind that Ellmeister, Cube and I are all targets too.

However, if the mafia respects fair play, they'll kill people who haven't been posting.

Also bear in mind that Chair (and I, but far less so) plays in loads of mafia game on HCRealms.com, which is where we first started playing it. (and why he brought it over here)

And there's like 13 games going on at any one time there.

EDIT: So he knows his stuff, basically.

I tell you what, chairdriver, I'm going to change vote: tellyn. I went back and actually LOOKED at who voted for who, and you three have pretty much all voted for each other so I'm going to disband my theory for now. I'm pretty sure I've been suspicious of everyone in this thread at some point, in my mind.

I do love this game :P makes me go utterly bonkers.

Actually, the info I have doesn't say Gizmo is furry. It heavily implies he's part of the Starfox crew, so he could even be Falco or Slippy.

Tellyn sounded very confident when claiming to be Fox. If he was lying, he wouldn't be so specific, considering the real Fox would rat him out.

On the other hand, silencing others as a power...

I would like to hear more from Gizmo, actually. Are you really part of the Starfox crew?