Product Data (As of June 3, 2009)

●Title Name

Gran Turismo

●Genre

Real Driving Simulator

●Platform

PSP®(PlayStation®Portable)

●Release and Distribution Date

Planned for Thursday, October 8, 2009 in Japan (October 1 in North America / Europe)

●Suggested Retail Price / PlayStation®Store Price

TBD

●CERO Age

Under review

●Game Overview

Full spec game design

・Over 800 cars (over 4,500 color variations)

・35 courses, 60 layouts

・60fps

New communication methods only available on the PSP®

・Ad hoc functionality allows multiplayer races and trading/sharing of cars

A variety of game modes

・Single Player Mode

You can select your favorite car and the course, and race against AI cars. You can also challenge time trials and drift trials.

・Mission

This is a mode in which you challenge over 100 missions where you experience cornering, braking, and all types of techniques required for sports driving.

・Dealer

It is possible to purchase cars with the credits you acquired from the Arcade and Missions. The car lineup will change depending on your play time.

・Ad hoc multiplayer mode

You can play against 3 other players (4 total). You can also trade and share cars you’ve acquired with friends, to try to complete your collection of over 800 cars. There are some cars that you can only gain by trading.

Edited by Choze

your link is broke, here:

Looks absolutely amazing, jaw dropping even.

Ah thanks. This game should keep me busy for a while. Its out in October which is surprising.

I've always wanted a portable GT. I've never been good with sitting down to play them but I could definitely play this on the bus.

I thought Choze was hyping this vid but I decided to watch it and was actually very surprised with the graphics. That's similar to GT4 surely? I recognise the track.

Thing is if you get GT you may as well get the full experience on a home console, doesn't seem like the best portable option. Arctic Edge definetly looks worth a look. Going to get back into PR.

Ah thanks. This game should keep me busy for a while. Its out in October which is surprising.

Surprising? GT on PSP was announced before the system was friggin out! It's not exactly an early release!

True. But it looks like the wait was worth it. :)

Thing is if you get GT you may as well get the full experience on a home console,

I agree though i really want GT5. GT4 is done and dusted for me especially after GT5P which spoils you.

Is there a date for GT5 and any talk of connectivity? Seems crazy to invest so much time (which you will with so many cars and tracks) in both games....

Is there a date for GT5 and any talk of connectivity? Seems crazy to invest so much time (which you will with so many cars and tracks) in both games....

No date yet. The GT5 video teases alot of new features though so its being dissected lol.

Connectivity and stuff will be talked about near release according to Yamauchi. I'll pulls some interviews here. Give me a minute. He basically says stuff like other portable racers were worthless on psp(or something like that) and that he enjoyed Mario Kart, lol.

Edited by Choze

Looks sweet. I haven't played a GT since the original: do they still have the license system? I completely loved that.

Looks sweet. I haven't played a GT since the original: do they still have the license system? I completely loved that.

It should do. Meant to be huge content wise.

edit: Yep they are all there in challenge mode with 100 challenges.

IL: When users download GT Mobile onto their PSP Go (since it doesn't have a UMD), how much of the player's 16GB will it take up?

Yamauchi: We're making efforts so that it's not going to exceed 1 GB. Otherwise, people are just going to fall asleep and drop dead while downloading.

lol. For people worrying about huge sizes.

Sounds like people were waiting ages for this game

Edited by Choze

Looks great, I think this is a certain purchase when it launches.

"Otherwise, people are just going to fall asleep and drop dead while downloading."

Haha!! I love the mental image! :heh:

Looks good. Although the controls look a handful. I'm guessing that this uses the stick and not the d-pad? Hopefully they'll allow for use of the d-pad because the steering was all over the place. Car oversteered everytime it went through a corner.

Looks good. Although the controls look a handful. I'm guessing that this uses the stick and not the d-pad? Hopefully they'll allow for use of the d-pad because the steering was all over the place. Car oversteered everytime it went through a corner.

Its mostly aimed at dpad users. Kaz plays GT5 that way himself.

A vid of the Monaco track.

Looks good. Should be a nice primer for GT5.

Yamauchi: We're making efforts so that it's not going to exceed 1 GB. Otherwise, people are just going to fall asleep and drop dead while downloading.

That's exactly what I don't like about the PSP Go. Admittedly, it's the only thing I don't like about it. But now developers feel like they have to limit the size of their games to suit people who are going to be downloading them. A double layered UMD can hold 1.8gb of data, so they could have put 800mb of extra content in there.

GT looks very good, but the handling does look a bit iffy at the minute.

GT looks very good, but the handling does look a bit iffy at the minute.

The handling's fine as you can see in the Monaco vid. The first one had someone not use brakes lol.

Good good, the Monaco video looks much better. Plus I saw the Nurburgring on the track select bit, which makes me happy.

That's exactly what I don't like about the PSP Go. Admittedly, it's the only thing I don't like about it. But now developers feel like they have to limit the size of their games to suit people who are going to be downloading them. A double layered UMD can hold 1.8gb of data, so they could have put 800mb of extra content in there.

If it's taken them this long to get 1gb of content I'd rather them just get it out rather than taking longer to create almost the same amount of content again.

Monaco vid looks great, looking forward to this one a lot.

Really like the song on the trailer from the conference, its by MSTRKRFT according to track ID on my phone but its not on itunes or spotify :(

Do those apps actually work that well. i don't understand how they figure that stuff out.

Do those apps actually work that well. i don't understand how they figure that stuff out.

I dunno always seems to give some kind of result...had one song that it said there was no record of...It is a wierd song though. I later found out the name of it and googling it doesn't even bring up any results.