NEurope

3865588147_3b405447b8_b.jpg

US bundle.

UK gets GT free with PSP Go as digital download.

Japan get a PSP 3000 as well

jikdw9.jpg

GT PSP intro for HD download: http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/products/gtpsp/

GT's creator, Kazunori Yamauchi was a class winner in the Nürburgring 4 Hour Race.

He only drove it twice in real life and not for racing purposes, mainly relying on playing the game lol.

The race itself was not a smooth ride. In the official practice of the previous day, the bumper of the BMW Z4 running just ahead fell off and smashed into the front window of the IS F. Mr. Yamauchi was unable to complete a single lap before leaving the circuit that day.

Even during the qualifying round in the morning of the race, Mr. Yamauchi only had a single chance, just one lap. But he placed his trust in his experience gained from over 1000 laps he has driven virtually and went for it; recording a lap time that is only 7 seconds less than, Mr. Hideshi Matsuda, a veteran driver who even has experience racing in the Le Mans.

In the final 4 hour endurance competition, each driver was responsible for driving 7 laps, changing at refueling intervals. When the baton was just about to be handed to Mr. Yamauchi who was driving the 3rd stint, there was news that the BMW M3 that was leading their class slowed down due to trouble. Mr. Yamauchi persisted under the unexpected pressure of a possible class win, and jumped into the driver's seat, raising his pace carefully.

In the final lap of his stint, He recorded a laptime of 10 minutes, 9 seconds. This was the team's fastest lap, and is a time that is even 1 minute faster than the best time recorded by this car when it was driven in the 24 hours of Nurburgring this May. The combined efforts of Mr. Yamauchi and the other drivers brought fortune, and the team achieved the highest possible honor they could have hoped for.

On the reason for competing in the event, Mr. Yamauchi stated that "I wanted to confirm just how effective the experience in the virtual world is, by competing in a race on the Nurburgring. And that includes not just the driving aspects, but on a wider range of things including the building of the car, communication, and much more. And of course, this will all be fed back into future renditions of Gran Turismo. "

photo09a.jpg

photo08a.jpg

photo06a.jpg

photo04a.jpg

lol wonder if they will run that program again where they make a real driver out of GT players. The guy who won is doing very well.

Play.com are the ones with all the preorder bonuses.

Edited by Choze

Reviews have been average. I'm giving it a miss and with it, the PSP Go.

If you mean the ign review then that was utter nonsense. edit: Meta wise its doing well though.

For a handheld this is the undisputed best you can get.

Edited by Choze

If you mean the ign review then that was utter nonsense. edit: Meta wise its doing well though.

For a handheld this is the undisputed best you can get.

I didn't know IGN had reviewed it. I read Eurogamers'. The whole career sounds shoddy.

As Mat pointed out, Meta wise, it really isn't doing that well.

I didn't know IGN had reviewed it. I read Eurogamers'. The whole career sounds shoddy.

As Mat pointed out, Meta wise, it really isn't doing that well.

Well it plays well which is the main thing. No one is critical of that. I think afew reviews are talking nonsense though about lack of a real GT mode. The mission structure as do the pokemon esque elements makes sense for PSP players. Especially in Asia.

Metacritic hasn't got pretty pictures for the other racers currently either. NFS Shift is about the same. Motorstorm isnt there though not doing well on google.

Edited by Choze

I thought it sounded pretty shit, going by the IGN review. If there's no proper motive to race then they've failed I'm afraid. Sometimes you have to accept that Choze.

I thought it sounded pretty shit, going by the IGN review. If there's no proper motive to race then they've failed I'm afraid. Sometimes you have to accept that Choze.

Opposite end of Meta critic. Its the most negative review and it was nonsense. There are worse reviews for the other racers.

No motivation to race my arse. It was a cheap review for getting easy hits.

All I'm reading is 'blah blah blah'. Quit flapping.

Yeah but PSP reviews are just that. Looking at metacritic only one PSP game averages above 90. I am guessing PSP reviews arent that important.

Personally i dont give a damn. The IGN Uncharted 2 review is clearly nonsense too.

Personally think if you wanna play GT that bad either go and get one of the older games or hold out for GT5 and in the mean time play NFS: Shift its the racer to play at the moment.

NFS Shift's racing is quite weak. See neogaf's topic on the issues with the game. It lacks any long term value and has huge gaping flaws in its gameplay mechanics unlike GT PSP. You have plenty of people complaining it should not have been approved by MS or Sony.

GT PSP is super polished and as a racer the core element of racing is superb. None of the rubbish about getting 3 style stars, come dead last and still progress to the next tournament like NFS Shift ;) Which is a case of style over substance for the casuals.

In GT PSP's case http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=psp&game=gran_turismo this review sums it up well from a critical but realistic point of view.

I lookf orward to unlocking some cars for GT5. See how that turns out too.

Edited by Choze

NFS Shift's racing is quite weak. See neogaf's topic on the issues with the game. It lacks any long term value and has huge gaping flaws in its gameplay mechanics unlike GT PSP. You have plenty of people complaining it should not have been approved by MS or Sony.

GT PSP is super polished and as a racer the core element of racing is superb. None of the rubbish about getting 3 style stars, come dead last and still progress to the next tournament like NFS Shift ;) Which is a case of style over substance for the casuals.

In GT PSP's case http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=psp&game=gran_turismo this review sums it up well from a critical but realistic point of view.

I lookf orward to unlocking some cars for GT5. See how that turns out too.

Oh don't start sprouting about how NeoGAF's elitists think it shouldn't have been approved. I hate the way people take their word as fact and gospel, like well if NeoGAF says this it must be true. NFS Shift's racing is not weak in the least bit...thats just a lazy comment to make and based on the series past is easy to do. Yes it does have physics problems that are apparently more obvious at the higher levels but then it doesn't pretend to have the best real world physics ever...

Long term value isn't everything...I'm enjoying it and with the packed xmas line up I will likely complete it satisfied and move on to the next thing and bop back...Besides from the sounds of things apart from the same tired and weary challenges GT PSP has naff all longevity and sounds like to me it will become quite the grind. I have RPG's for that don't expect it from my racing games...

I play racing games to have a good time and to enjoy the core thrill of racing cars I will likely never drive in real life around tracks I will never grace.

Oh don't start sprouting about how NeoGAF's elitists think it shouldn't have been approved. I hate the way people take their word as fact and gospel, like well if NeoGAF says this it must be true. NFS Shift's racing is not weak in the least bit...thats just a lazy comment to make and based on the series past is easy to do. Yes it does have physics problems that are apparently more obvious at the higher levels but then it doesn't pretend to have the best real world physics ever...

Yeah its only a sim racer right?

Long term value isn't everything...I'm enjoying it and with the packed xmas line up I will likely complete it satisfied and move on to the next thing and bop back...Besides from the sounds of things apart from the same tired and weary challenges GT PSP has naff all longevity and sounds like to me it will become quite the grind. I have RPG's for that don't expect it from my racing games...

I play racing games to have a good time and to enjoy the core thrill of racing cars I will likely never drive in real life around tracks I will never grace.

Well my copy is arriving tommorow so lets see but NFS Shift seems awfully shallow. Is hould refrain from speaking till i played though.

Started Batman as well.

Edited by Choze

Hasn't NFS Shift been critically acclaimed amongst reviewers and a return to form for the franchise?

^ Pretty much, from what I've read and heard.

Out of the two games, this looks more shallow than NFS: Shift in that your only progress comes from doing mundane tasks and trails around the tracks but it's not tied to any form of mode what so ever and so there's little continuity. Comparing it to NFS: Shift is a stupid idea and I wish Choze would stop claiming this as the better of the two when it isn't, judging by the reviews coming out at this moment in time. A more suitable comparison would be against something like Metropolis Street Racing on the Dreamcast but even there, MSR wins because of a continuity in the way you progress and in presentation. This is technically impressive for a handheld but it is in league with MSR and doesn't top that which in turn makes Choze's comment about this being a SMG better in terms of graphics irrelevant.

I'm sure this will be an entertaining game for those who are wanting a more professional racing game on the PSP but I'm guessing many GT fans will be disappointed in the lack of features and the overall shortcomings.

^ Pretty much, from what I've read and heard.

Out of the two games, this looks more shallow than NFS: Shift in that your only progress comes from doing mundane tasks and trails around the tracks but it's not tied to any form of mode what so ever and so there's little continuity. Comparing it to NFS: Shift is a stupid idea and I wish Choze would stop claiming this as the better of the two when it isn't, judging by the reviews coming out at this moment in time. A more suitable comparison would be against something like Metropolis Street Racing on the Dreamcast but even there, MSR wins because of a continuity in the way you progress and in presentation. This is technically impressive for a handheld but it is in league with MSR and doesn't top that which in turn makes Choze's comment about this being a SMG better in terms of graphics irrelevant.

I'm sure this will be an entertaining game for those who are wanting a more professional racing game on the PSP but I'm guessing many GT fans will be disappointed in the lack of features and the overall shortcomings.

You dont know what you are talking about, one is a sim. The others arent. Thats just for starters. Also metacritic wise NFS isnt too hot either in that case aside from the IGN review.

Edited by Choze

Yeah its only a sim racer right?

You dont know what you are talking about, one is a sim. The others arent. Thats just for starters. Also metacritic wise NFS isnt too hot either in that case aside from the IGN review.

Wait a sec your contradicting yourself here...I admit that I've heard NFS Shift has faults in the physics that cause problems later on in the game....Yet you go and say its a sim racer right? So your clearly knowing it for the problems it has based on the fact that its allegedly a sim racer...but you then go on to say it isn't a sim..make your mind up! If your going to knock it for something based on it being a sim racer you then can't announce that GT is the only sim racer in this arguement!

Besides I personally don't think NFS Shift is remotely trying to be a sim racer its trying to cut a fine balance between sim and arcade to offer an experience for those who like their arcadey racers but find sim racers too much...

Also you talk some bullsh!t...since when was 84 on metacritic not so hot? That's what NFS Shift is on and GT PSP is on 78 how can you cast aspersions on Shift when GT is doing worse? GT PSP is only just above NFS Prostreet which is often held up as an example of just how bad the NFS series had got before the reboot Shift and hopefully Nitro have provided...

83 vs 79 what's the difference? Shift has more in common with Dirt than GT. And it's not on psp. Psp has a horrible version of shift.

Edited by Choze

You're basically a mad GT fan that wouldn't accept if a version you've been hyping up for so long was bad. 800* cars, 45 tracks an amazing developer, it's GT! That must mean that it's better than NFS!

No. You are actually saying that simulators are always better than arcadey racers, when really this NFS is kind of like a middle ground. You say yourself that you love ridge racer and this draws many elements from it unless I'm mistaken (maybe vise versa). Just because it's 3rd party doesn't mean it's inferior...

Edited by dwarf

Dwarf no one is stopping you from taking your ps3 on the train and playIng shift.

Also ridge racer has actual racing. None of this hit 3 cars come last and progress rubbish. I still need to play the full game but the pc demo was pretty grating. I hear the console games have tons of slowdown.

Edited by Choze

Choze, you call me out for knowing 'nothing' by comparing GT PSP to something like MSR. Yet it is you who is knocking back NFS: Shift and saying this is much better than that, in essence comparing two very different styles of racers. So really, it's you that doesn't know what their talking about. GT PSP, or GT as a whole, and MSR are similar as they are the same kind of racer just put together differently. I'd personally play MSR over this as it's much more structured instead of a game which has tried to cram as much content into it as this only to forget the thing that people actually want: gameplay.

I'm not going to go any further because you don't listen anyway and in all honesty, if you're going to let your fanboy nature blind you to the good and the bad then so be it.