NEurope
Gizmo

Perfect Dark XBLA

It acted in the same way as a proximity mine. You could chuck it on the ground and then when unsuspecting victims approached.

KA-BOOM!

Death.

This... I would do this many a time, laugh as it claimed an unsuspecting victim and then genuinely mourn the loss of such an awesome weapon... :(

... then I'd find another one withing the next minute so all was well again. :heh:

I don't care what anyone says this game was so ahead of its time. I had many 'Dragon moments' too, especially if I had someone chasing me. Bloody hilarious. I wonder if this will still be 4 player only or if they can somehow upgrade it to 8. There was the potential of 12 in the original but that included bots...Be awesome if we got some cool little things like a new map or 2 maybe from Goldeneye. Ok I think i'm dreaming there. Was Temple in PD? I know Complex and Facility were.

Ok I think i'm dreaming there. Was Temple in PD? I know Complex and Facility were.

I'm pretty sure it was (it was also free DLC in PDZ).

Edit: Yea, I remember thinking "Wow...you can go down the big hole now".

I'm pretty sure it was (it was also free DLC in PDZ).

Edit: Yea, I remember thinking "Wow...you can go down the big hole now".

Yes! that's right I thought the same thing at the time :P

Yes! that's right I thought the same thing at the time :P

Thirded! for great justice! :o that was one of those genuine 'wow' moments, once this had been discovered I exploited this new found freedom to its limits...

Someone chasing me? down the hole, through the passage, up and around, sneak up on them and bam! there it is... headshot! or jump down, plant mines on the ceiling underneath and on the floor, then they jump in after and... KABOOM! ah... good times... soon to be relived! :D

Sounds like I'm finally going to have some decent players to play against.

I just remember that this game has a ton of Co-op Challenges! They where amazing!

And not only that, the single player had a shooting range which was also a great feature. I can't understand why people say GE is better. There is just so much more content it this game. And everything better. I remember how much I laughed the first time I shoot a gun out of an enemies hand and he started calling me a bitch ^^ Good times.

Throwing Knives in the firing range...

Those six words will evoke many special memories for anyone who's played PD before... you know who you are and of what I speak, don't try and deny it! :heh:

Those six words will evoke many special memories for anyone who's played PD before... you know who you are and of what I speak, don't try and deny it! :heh:

Put me on that list, i was one of them people.

Dragging the crate into the target range, blocking the door and stabbing/blowing carrington/scientists up IN THE FACE? Mmm :) I really hope that stuff's all still there. Glitches and all. New cheese plz!

It was all about the crossbow man. Damn scientist...

Dragging the crate into the target range, blocking the door and stabbing/blowing carrington/scientists up IN THE FACE? Mmm :) I really hope that stuff's all still there. Glitches and all. New cheese plz!

If there isn't an achievement for finding the cheeses then i'd be very surprised. There were so many random things in the game which were never explained to. The passcode for reaching Perfect Agent, the unreachable ammo boxes with ? on them etc. I hope there are new cheeses though :)

Edited by ViPeR

I kept doing multiplayer bot matches with armies of Shigeru Miyamoto bots coming after me (i recall Rare putting Shigsy's head into the game). Thought it was fun, kept freaking my mates out in 4 player mode with it.

Haha! I'd totally forgotton about that. My team was always the Shigsy army. Such joyous memories.

I really, really hope they keep all the glitches and random secrets in, it was so much fun messing around and trying to work them out. Maybe they could make them have a purpose this time... Now THAT would make me buy an Xbox.

My favourite firing range weapon was the tranquilizer on gold. You basically had to do it so fast that you were aiming and firing before the target even popped up, and you couldn't miss a single shot....

That firing range has made me remember just how big a game PD was... 12 achievements isn't going to do it justice!

Crap, I forgot it was only 12 :(. Well I guess there'll be ones for completing it on certain settings. Completing the multi-player challenges and hitting certain stats. Hopefully some fun ones.

12 achievements isn't going to do it justice!

Assuming it is only 12. I'm sure Microsoft are perfectly capable of breaking their own rules if they think it's necessary. It'll need a full game worth of achievements really.

Anyone got any idea on a release date? Is it this year?

If there isn't an achievement for finding the cheeses then i'd be very surprised. There were so many random things in the game which were never explained to. The passcode for reaching Perfect Agent, the unreachable ammo boxes with ? on them etc. I hope there are new cheeses though :)

I'm sure the password was used on carringtoninstitute.com, or something.

I'm sure the password was used on carringtoninstitute.com, or something.

Yeh that's what I thought but apparently that was debunked years ago. No one knows what it was going to be used for. To be honest, I don't even think Rare knew.

Yeh that's what I thought but apparently that was debunked years ago. No one knows what it was going to be used for. To be honest, I don't even think Rare knew.

I think it was going to be used on carringtoninstitute.com, it just was never implemented into the site.

This game was IMMENSE. I loved it so much. I still rate this and Goldeneye as two of the best shooters ever made. When's the release date?

Also, will there be online multi?

I hope it's released the week before Christmas or a bit before - seeing as they did say 'Winter '09' - that'd be awesome, we could even have N-E matches on boxing day or something. :)

Yeh i'm pretty sure I heard Winter 09 too. Let's face it, it's a port after all. Doubt they need to work on it too much.