NEurope
Dan_Dare

Rate The Above Posters Band

no thankyou, not my cup of tea. but they do seem more experimental than a lot of mainstream metal, so 7/10

portishead

Good topic idea.

Not heard of Frou Frou before, but after a bit of googling I would go with a pleasant 7.5/10. Sounds nicely chilled and she seems to have a fantastic voice.

I'm going to go with one of my favorite bands, The Pogues

ah the pogues, havent heard them in years. as my memory recall, they have a certain mentalist charm, id rate them at about 6.5.

anyone heard of Simian?

they're awesome, although id only reccomend the far, far superior material on the seccond album 'we are your friends'. their first effort 'chemistry is what we are' is just boring imo.

you might wanna try a justice vs simian remix of 'never be alone' too. it's mint.

dan out!

I have not heard of simian but this thread should not go to waste! I'm afraid I am far too lazy to click that link and actually hear them. Consider this a bump if you will.

NEXT POSTER! Rate Simian and Kings of Leon puhlease.

Simian - La breeze really puts me off them. So 4/10.

Kings Of Leon - astonishingly good music. 8/10.

Interpol.

never heard of Interpol

Queen

Haven't heard enough of Interpol to judge them well enough, but i think they sound pretty good. I'd say 6/10.

Queen: Simply amazing. I'd go for a 10/10.

Next band: YeahYeahYeahs

Never heard of the YeaYeahYeahs, so whoever posts next judge them aswell as what I am listening to, which is

Muse.

Ahh never heard the Vaselines but i give them a 1/10 for naming themselves after a corporate product...lazy.

Anyone heard or like Ill Nino?

Not heard much of the arctic monkeys but what i've heard is good. Their gonna get a 7/10 from me quite a good band. Anyone like seether if you havn't heard them click me!

the doo-doo-do-doo riff is really annoying, but other than that out of town is a really good song :) you guys ahave a lot of potential, 8/10

What does everyone think of the following bands? More to come by the way, just picked a variety:

Led Zeppelin

Iron Maiden

Guns 'n' Roses

Sex Pistols

Feel free to just rate one or two, I have more but can't decide who I like the most.

Guns n' Roses, Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin FTW, I'm not too keen on the sex pistols though..

Led Zeppelin: Must admit I haven't heard much. Never understood what's so great about Stairway To Heaven. But I really love The Immigrant Song! So, perhaps 7.5/10 would be fair.

Guns'n'Roses: These guys are great! Paradise City, Cats In The Cradle, Rocket Queen, Don't Damn Me.. Don't forget Welcome To The Jungle, it's a classic! I know people who don't have the same taste in music as me, even they like Guns'n'Roses. 10/10 ^_^

Could someone please rate Kiss? :grin:

Check out Guns At The Disco

http://www.myspace.com/gatd

You recommended them in another topic, I don't think they're anything special and they ripped their name from Panic! At The Disco. 2/10 (harsh but thats life).

I present to you;

The Academy Is...

Ocean Colour Scene eh? Brummie lads. I like their music (7/10 but they get 2 more points for being Brummies so 9/10)

Okay then: Radiohead

I was impressed with The Bends, they get an 8/10 from me.

Rancid (if you haven't heard, google them, and listen to a few mp3s)