NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

the trailer for smash bros brawl was first released on show floor though wasnt it after the presentation... there is still hope :D

Pretty sad that Retro didn't show anything :( I was hoping for a big announcement.

Before this conference I was hyped for:

- Retro's showing

- Factor 5's exclusive

- Bethesda's Wii game

And they all never materialised.

What you mean the company that has gone bust?

I dont even know if Retro are actually working on anything other than Prime trilogy. I'm pretty sure that's part of why the creative director, head programmer and art director all left. Nintendo probably assigned them the project of porting the other titles to Wii and it probably seemed very boring to them.

im not sure if retro had anything to do with porting the games to wii? did they?

I thought they had something in the works. and didnt factor 5 promise a wii game too..

I get the feeling tehre is still quite a bit to come... maybe that is wishful thinking but ..

Yeah im pretty sure the porting is by Retro, I'm fairly sure it was confirmed.

Factor 5 did have a Wii game or 2 in development but well, they're gone now so they're probably canned!

Anyway there might still be more to come tomorrow yeah. Brawl wasn't announced on the day of the E3 2006 conference after all.

So who is the dude that says "Remember me?"

People are thinking it's this Adam chap who 'trained' her or something. His personality gets downloaded into her ship's computer in Metroid Fusion.

Yeah im pretty sure the porting is by Retro, I'm fairly sure it was confirmed.

Factor 5 did have a Wii game or 2 in development but well, they're gone now so they're probably canned!

Anyway there might still be more to come tomorrow yeah. Brawl wasn't announced on the day of the E3 2006 conference after all.

But lets face it, it shouldn't take them long to to Trilogy.

When the Wii controller was first shown behind closed doors, one of the demos was Metroid Prime 2 running with the controls. It clearly couldn't have took too much difficulty to retroactively fit the controls in MP1 given they had it working years ago in MP2.

At this point and given their experience, Trilogy should have been a weekend job for Retro.

They've got to be up to something.

still confused as to what it is.. it seems 2d but yet you can switch to first person..

im not sure a thirs person metroid would ever work..And im not sure this is one either.

I've checked the gameplay part of the trailer again. My thoughts:

- It seems to be a fighting game, similar to Ninja Gaiden. Some parts definitely look like the NG engine.

- 1st person seems to be an "only when standing still" thin, Similar to MGS:TTS.

People are thinking it's this Adam chap who 'trained' her or something. His personality gets downloaded into her ship's computer in Metroid Fusion.

Nah, the dude that says "Remember me," is black. Adam is white. And is seen earlier in the trailer saying, "Any objections, lady?"

still confused as to what it is.. it seems 2d but yet you can switch to first person..

im not sure a thirs person metroid would ever work..And im not sure this is one either.

Unless it used a dual analogue setup, 3rd person would only work if it had a lock on system that could keep up with the action and wasn't a pain in the backside...

Hmmm, wasn't expecting this one, and not quite sure I like it, for now. A Ninja Gaiden style Metroid? That's throwing all subtleness out of the window. Was it really necessary to use the Metroid-franchise? Why no new IP for this game? Why does every game have to be a old Nintendo franchise? Well, all but Kid Icarus. ;)

Then again, that's what people first said when Metroid went 1st-Person Adventure;

Nah, the dude that says "Remember me," is black. Adam is white. And is seen earlier in the trailer saying, "Any objections, lady?"

When!? TELL ME NOW.

When!? TELL ME NOW.

The very words of the trailer are spoken by him.

This game is made by Team Ninja whom are behind Ninja Gaiden, and judging on the trailer, they've used the game engine and combat system from those games. It can also be compared a bit to Devil May cry. I have no doubts they could pull off a third person Metroid.

They have the first person used in the trailer, but the third perosn used more. A third person Metroid does work, as shown by Super Metroid et al. Whether a 3D third person Metroid could work possibly. The morph ball in the Prime series hasn't been so bad.

However the way it looks in the trailer is the final blow, like in Tomb Raider Anniversay where you need timed button presses to administer the killing blow.