NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

The only thing with the story is that I hope it just doesn't try to overdo it, or become too cheesy, or even "too gritty that it becomes laughable." Even then, it wouldn't be a game breaker for me, I think. Hmm.

Me and some of the guys from the uni watched it together. Everyone said the Nintendo Press Conference sucked right up to the showing of Mario Galaxy 2, whereafter they just thought it was dissapointing. When they saw the Team Ninja logo go on, they all gasped for breath, and when they saw Samus they screamed like little girls!

This game seems awesome. I just hope it's not entirely a 2D game. A more combat and story oriented third person Metroid would kick buttocks!

The lady with the long blonde hair at the end of the trailer is the one in the Zero suit at the beginning, whilst Samus Aran is the one with the short blonde hair.

The subtitle is lame but the gameplay looks crazy (if that was in-game footage).

The story could go either way though.

im gunna take a wild guess and say the final boss of this game will be like the final boss of SM, but instead of a Metroid saving you at the last minute, its Adam

predictable, but...i wouldnt put it past nintendo

The lady with the long blonde hair at the end of the trailer is the one in the Zero suit at the beginning, whilst Samus Aran is the one with the short blonde hair.
Interesting!... so was she the original Samus or something?

What's Samus doing on all these high tech stations anyways, I thought she was raised by the Chozo?

Yeah but not on orbiting space stations etc... were they?

And they gave Samus the Power Suit didn't they. That trailer makes it seem like a research project, so which Samus is the second test case, after the other blonde lady.

Judging from the clip though, this game would appear to be only Metroid in name and story - I'm having difficulty believing the gameplay will remain having seen that.

Well they were focusing on the action packed sections I guess! It looks like the game itself will be a combination of third person and perhaps some 2d exploration with also first person bits for some things.

I'm still expecting there to be a lot of exploration like the other titles, otherwise I would be disappointed.

Well they were focusing on the action packed sections I guess! It looks like the game itself will be a combination of third person and perhaps some 2d exploration with also first person bits for some things.

I'm still expecting there to be a lot of exploration like the other titles, otherwise I would be disappointed.

I hope so.

Don't get me wrong, it looked amazing and I'll get it even if it gets panned, but it didn't scream the classic Metroid gameplay.

I hope so.

Don't get me wrong, it looked amazing and I'll get it even if it gets panned, but it didn't scream the classic Metroid gameplay.

No it didn't. But it did look AMAZING and was the sole highlight of the show.

:o Holy... :o Just... :o And...but... :o :o

Initial shock aside, I think I can warm up to a spin-off. I mean, it may be more story-based, but the gameplay is not like a traditional Metroid's, either.

I'm sure the gameplay will be great. Ninja team are behind this, after all. That, and they're bringing several Metroid staples into this (not just aesthetically), so I have high hopes for an awesome Nintendo action game. That it's based on Metroid is an incredible, incredible bonus.

As for the story, surely it follows the time she worked for Adam. And I have a feeling there will be plenty of flashbacks.

Big interesting point is that Retro are basically a no-show...

Having only played Prime 1 & 2 [but thougt I was up on the whole story], who is Adam? ...from Super Metroid?

Yeah big suprise! Glad they've been allowed to move on from Metroid though. Wonder if they'll release something in the next few days.

I think they're behind closed doors.

Having only played Prime 1 & 2 [but thougt I was up on the whole story], who is Adam? ...from Super Metroid?

Yeah big suprise! Glad they've been allowed to move on from Metroid though. Wonder if they'll release something in the next few days.

hes a comanding officer, hes mentioned in fusion, were his mind is stored on a computer who rules. thats about it.

In Metroid Fusion, Samus mentions her former CO, Adam, whose catchphrase was "Any objections, lady?" (so I jumped at hearing him say that, not seeing her suit :heh:)

By the way, go play Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. Definitely worth it.

As far from the Metroid gameplay as it looked, man it stll looks unreal! This was an awesome trailer!

Pretty sad that Retro didn't show anything :( I was hoping for a big announcement.

Before this conference I was hyped for:

- Retro's showing

- Factor 5's exclusive

- Bethesda's Wii game

And they all never materialised.