NEurope
Shorty

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

It's GOOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOOoood!

The game crashed for me this morning :( Luckily it was right after I saved so I hardly lost any progress. Anyone registered the game yet, mine doesn't work?

I really loving it - the Bowser bits are far more fun than the Bros. parts so far though. There is just something wholly satisfying as you stomp around the over world punching things and watching the screen shake. The excellent dialogue has had me laughing out loud a good few times

I'm just up to the point whereby I've learnt how to use the Goomba's in battle and am looking forward to continuing on.

I really do wanna get the game but I know I should be getting Uncharted 2 next week so im probably going to hold off until I complete that.

I really do wanna get the game but I know I should be getting Uncharted 2 next week so im probably going to hold off until I complete that.

I'm kinda the same...

Well I think I can make a guess as to which game will hold it's value for longer and it isn't Uncharted 2.

I suspect Uncharted will do dynamite sales before Christmas and then find it's price promptly reduced shortly thereafter when sales slow to a crawl.

M&L being a Nintendo game, it's far less likely to see heavy discounting post holiday season - it just never seems to happen.

Well I think I can make a guess as to which game will hold it's value for longer and it isn't Uncharted 2.

I suspect Uncharted will do dynamite sales before Christmas and then find it's price promptly reduced shortly thereafter when sales slow to a crawl.

M&L being a Nintendo game, it's far less likely to see heavy discounting post holiday season - it just never seems to happen.

As much as I love this game, I couldn't disagree more!! You obviously don't know what you're talking about... Uncharted 2 will hold much much longer due to huge replay value thanks to insane amount of trophies/collectables and a very well implemented multiplayer co-op for up to three players and a fully fleshed out online multiplayer mode...

But that's just silly ol' me...

Amazing game, but I dunno how the fuck I'm stuck already. Just after the Chakroad Conduit thing, I can't get any further anywhere.

I'm loving the game, but, up untill now, it's filled with A LOT o' bowser gameplay. Which is a nice treat.

Given the environment, I reckon the Bros. will get their fair share of the Outside Story as wel :D

Still, I wouldn't say it's better than Superstar Saga just yet :laughing:

As much as I love this game, I couldn't disagree more!! You obviously don't know what you're talking about... Uncharted 2 will hold much much longer due to huge replay value thanks to insane amount of trophies/collectables and a very well implemented multiplayer co-op for up to three players and a fully fleshed out online multiplayer mode...

But that's just silly ol' me...

I'm afraid it is you who don't know what I am talking about.

I'm not talking about replay value, I'm talking about retail value.

Right now U2 is more expensive than M&L but in, say, four months time, you know they will cost the same in most places due to M&L not seeing a price reduction.

I think Uncharted looks fantastic and if I had a PS3, it would be top of my list of games to get. Naughty Dog have always impressed me with their efforts and this continues that trend. And yes, I can see how it will keep gamers playing for longer than this game would, but that has nothing to do with how the sales will be distributed over the life of the product.

I believe M&L will have a more steady stream at retail whereas Uncharted will have a big spike in the run up to Christmas and then tail off quickly after. And given that Sony are bundling it with the console, it will mean that anybody picking up a PS3 will be likely to get it anyway meaning standalone sales will suffer once the rabid fan base, who already have the console, have rushed out and bought the game in the following two months.

I'm loving the game, but, up untill now, it's filled with A LOT o' bowser gameplay. Which is a nice treat.

Given the environment, I reckon the Bros. will get their fair share of the Outside Story as wel :D

Still, I wouldn't say it's better than Superstar Saga just yet :laughing:

But that's partially because Superstar Saga was so refreshing.

One thing about this that does seem a bit off is how the Bros. learn new moves. I mean, attack pieces... really? Also, I just learned a new jumping move and it basically came about because they suddenly decided they needed it. It wasn't like someone had to show them how to do it, or the ended up doing it accidentally and decided to continue doing it (which would have fitted a lot better in the context of the game).

In that regard, I think it feels a bit lazy, like they couldn't be bothered to come up with good reasons for their introduction - something the original had no problems doing with both style and humour.

Bowser's clearly been given the care and attention and that's why he's so much fun but the Bros. have definitely suffered for it.

hmmm gonna complete professor layton in the next couple of days can't decide between this and Scribblenauts...toughy

I ordered it just now, I need another DS game to play, but I'll be putting Dragonquest Monsters joker on hold for longer. but I'll get back to it eventually.

I see this didnt even make the top 40 this week in the UK! For shame! Its rival titles did alright though, Scribblenauts went in at 12 and Kingdom Hearts 17.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Such a good game. Really bad thing, my touch screen isn't working properly. I can't even properly calibrate the touchscreen. I'm at the bit where bowser has to eat the massive veg and I can't poke at it.

I don't want to buy another DS (lack of spare cash), so bloody shit!

Edited by Sooj

hmmm gonna complete professor layton in the next couple of days can't decide between this and Scribblenauts...toughy

This, definitely. IMHO of course.

this, wouldget my vote,

scribble is great tho ,pick it up at somepoint

See that is part of the problem...won't pick it up then! I was gonna do the same with Drawn to Life and Locks Quest and never did anything.

I preordered this game ages ago from play.com...

It was dispatched last week and I still haven't got it...

*crys*

They're usually pretty quick too, this is the longest its taken for me to receive anything from them.

I blame the royal mail, darn them and their shoddy service!

I preordered this game ages ago from play.com...

It was dispatched last week and I still haven't got it...

*crys*

They're usually pretty quick too, this is the longest its taken for me to receive anything from them.

I blame the royal mail, darn them and their shoddy service!

It is totally royal mails fault.

About ten hours in. Just a quick reaction:

It's Bloody Brilliant with double capital B! Blows Partners in Time right out of the water and even tops Superstar Saga! Who'd have thought I'd say that some day. A happy day, for sure.

Alright, alright....just finished my second battle against Monsieur Turtle Bits.

It's nearing the awesome factor of Superstar Saga, but hasn't quite reached it yet.

Actually, the main thing that always annoys me is when there is too much 'star story telling' involved. Why does it always have to be stressed, what do the Japanese like so much about stars...:laughing:

Anyway, with Fawful having a bigger role this game HAS CHORTLES:D

I completed this at the weekend clocking in 24 hrs of play time.

So on the whole, an excellent game indeed. Gorgeous animation throughout, consistently amusing right until the end and a good variety in gameplay. I think the music could have been better though and nothing in this game ever comes close to matching the incredibly infectious tune that plays during the regular battles in Superstar Saga.

I thought the ending could have been a bit better as it repeated between boss and cutscene so many times that even though all the bosses were unique, they began to lose their significance and consequently the the end boss didn't feel quite as epic as I would have hoped.

I'm always sad when a linear adventure comes to an end, because you'll have to wait for the next installment of the series to enjoy something new. (That being said, I probably finished PiT about 6 times:laughing:)

I haven't finished this one just yet though, still enjoying all the animations and cut-scenes thoroughly!

LUIGI'S KICKS ASS!!!

(Not as much as Fawful of course, still hoping he'll live to see another sequel)