N-Europe

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Shorty

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fawful is entertaining. I'd say Bowser in this game is more entertaining than him, though. I'm still waiting for another game with him as the protagonist.

Superstar Saga is better overall, but Bowser's Inside Story stands well on its own. Definitely better than Partners in Time, too.

How bad is PiT? I feel I should play it before BiS.

Partners in Time isn't THAT bad, it's just then when you compare it to the other two it's quite short and a tad too easy.

It has its share of memorable moments though, and some very funny Luigi/baby stuff.

I guess a bit too much handholding in the beginning could be seen as annoying.

Still, it very much upholds the witty dialogue, humour and charm which the series is known for.

Remember now: it is the sequel to Superstar Saga, so it was bound to be lacking in some departments.

PLAY Partners in Time!

Don't play Partners in Time.

It lacks the exploration of the other games and the babies add nothing to the game except serve to overcomplicate things. It's not nearly as funny as the other games, either, unless you find babies crying (and crying and crying and crying) hilarious and the villain is uninteresting.

It's playable, but it's bland and dull as dishwater. Only play it if you really don't want to skip any game in the series.

Don't play Partners in Time.

It lacks the exploration of the other games and the babies add nothing to the game except serve to overcomplicate things. It's not nearly as funny as the other games, either, unless you find babies crying (and crying and crying and crying) hilarious and the villain is uninteresting.

It's playable, but it's bland and dull as dishwater. Only play it if you really don't want to skip any game in the series.

ibuUkpeUkUTh7n.gif

No.

:nono:

Just no.

Personally I did play PiT though yeah, short, caned it in a weekend(10-20ish hours?) made me chuckle quite a bit in places but admittedly not massively memorable over all. Glad to hear this is better as I still liked that, just wanna hear back from this person whether it's boxed etc...

Still, it very much upholds the witty dialogue, humour and charm which the series is known for.

See, this is exactly where I feel what Partners in Time was lacking the most.

Sure, there was nothing to find upon exploration, and the game ends up being just a bunch of (creative) dungeons and bosses, but I can accept that as a design choice, even if an odd one. The gameplay was still solid, fun, and flowed well, the music was good...

But the best thing in Superstar Saga was very nearly absent in PiT. The only good things were the Star Gate's trial and Luigi taking care of the babies in the background.

PiT isn't a bad game persé, but as a part of the series it is definitely lacking. Without it's younger and older brother, it would shine a lot more, but as it is, it's the weakest link. Not as funny, not as imaginative, not as interesting and... baby Mario and baby Luigi... :shakehead

@Rummy:

You are not knowing the deliciousness of chortles that is Fawful?? I have fury!!

Edited by Strange Cookie

Well, I've been out since about 9 this morning and just come home and hour ago expecting my shiny 3TB hard drive that I bought before this, but instead...this has already arrived! Excited! Hopefully do justice to its heritage.

Plowed into this in the last few days. Interesting, quite nice to see the focus away from the Bros for once, and I like the dual battle system. The humours there too, just seen what I believe was a zelda tribute in the form of honey and darling? I can't remember PiT too well, except for one bit that cracked me up with two koopas talking leet speak, so far nothing has really obviously stood out as hilarious, but the characterisation's all there, and despite not knowing much of him, I can kinda see why Fused likes Fawful :p

I HAVE THE FUN.

That's good, that's good!

Keep playing the game and finish it.

It's what us gamers do :D

3DS is racking me up at 9:28 on it so far, which given I've been quite busy and only got it friday is quite a lot! It's properly hooked me in! Just gotten to Toad Town now, though I died on my last fight so I stopped for a while. Hoping to plough a few hours into it tonight!