NEurope
Dyson

Halo: Reach

I've just realised I'm going on holiday on the day this comes out. Dang.

Edit: Get this game for £27 delivered from Tesco using these codes:

FTSL15-1 (15% off)

Haloreach-1 (£5 off Halo: Reach pre-order)

plus a possible 8% cashback with quidco.

Edited by Shorty

I played Halo: Reach today.

It's fucking awesome.

I also had a look at the Limited Edition, the journal is really well made and packed in this epic black military grade bubble wrap. The whole thing has the most amazing presentation. But yeah, the game itself (what I played anyway, which was Firefight 2.0) is siiiiiiiiick and Tuesday can't come soon enough.

I'll be playing a bit more on my lunch break tomorrow I think :heh:

Not gonna touch anything other than Firefight so I don't spoil anything. For one thing the TV is tiny and another it's obviously a work environment but still..great fun. This'll be a real blast to take online.

I thought I took a picture of the Ltd. Edition bubble wrap stuff but turns out I didn't :( Still..here's the gubbins.

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

Edit: Spoilered it in case you wanted the...box? to be a surprise? :heh: Also, the hands aren't mine. He's.. going through a phase right now.

I

the hands aren't mine. He's.. going through a phase right now.

Eating too much and being a fat tranny hand phase?

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I've just realised I'm going on holiday on the day this comes out. Dang.

Edit: Get this game for £27 delivered from Tesco using these codes:

FTSL15-1 (15% off)

Haloreach-1 (£5 off Halo: Reach pre-order)

plus a possible 8% cashback with quidco.

Saw that earlier and popped an order in. Tesco had better deliver on release day. I've got a bad feeling that they won't :angry:

I'll be playing a bit more on my lunch break tomorrow I think :heh:

The way you're going you ain't gonna make it in to work tomorrow :o

Either that or you'll get there to discover there's been a break-in overnight and a certain game was the only thing stolen :rolleyes:

Oh man that really is an awful...angle? He's not actually that big, but he does enjoy painting his nails. :heh:

REGARDLESS. It's awesome and stuff. Did I get that across? /goading ;)

The way you're going you ain't gonna make it in to work tomorrow :o

Either that or you'll get there to discover there's been a break-in overnight and a certain game was the only thing stolen :rolleyes:

True..but it was totally worth it :heh:

And I'd love to see them try and get all 40 Legendary editions and however many (like 50+) Ltd's out! The Legendary boxes are huge. Seriously, we have them stacked up next to the Reach 360s, and the box is about double the size of the new console with its' two controllers and game inside.

Also we've had the Legendary editions since Monday, so if anyone knows any local indie game retailers it'll be worth going down there to try and get your early copy! The only copies we don't have are the regular editions. Go figure.

Some guy I hated at uni painted his nails. Such a dick. Looked like a girl. Thought you all needed to know that.

As much as I like the looks of this game. I'm not going to get it. Shocking.

I might get it. No one has properly explained to me why it's so special, though. I want some hype.

I know, and have seen, pretty much nothing.

Same here Daft. Only ordered it because it was Halo and £25. There isn't even a summary of the good stuff on the Wiki! Off to Gametrailers to watch some videos and see what all the fuss is about.

Same here Daft. Only ordered it because it was Halo and £25. There isn't even a summary of the good stuff on the Wiki! Off to Gametrailers to watch some videos and see what all the fuss is about.

Sweet. Let me know what you find!

As Daft's sheer laziness leaves me unwilling to accidentally help him out, let's say this is for the benefit of McPhee.

• New engine: No longer a jaggy mess, larger environments, generally more stuff on screen.
  • Play through as Noble Six: you choose their gender and customise their armour; the same character is used for campaign, Firefight and multiplayer.
  • All that's old is new again: the Elites return as enemies, the original pistol is more-or-less reinstated, dual-wielding has been ditched and generally Bungie have tried to capture the 'feel' of the first game.
  • Revamped netcode: I didn't have a single laggy game during the Beta, plus there's even more granularity to matchmaking options. Matchmaking has also been added to the campaign and Firefight, the latter reported to be a far more stable online experience than in ODST.
  • Forge world: Vastly improved level building options twinned with a huge expanse of land to build in; Blood Gulch returns!
  • Tuned mechanics: The way shields take damage has been changed, making mutual melee kills far less likely. All the weapons have been retuned, removed or altered in some way, including grenades. Movement speed, FOV, everything's been looked at.
  • Armour Abilities: The replacement for Equipment. Each is tied to a certain set weapon loadout that you select when you spawn, and as the name implies they're reusable abilities with a cool down period: stealth camouflage, a jetpack, etc.
  • Bungie's last Halo: they've been working on it since 2007. It's not a 'filler' title like ODST, it's a send off to the series they created.

Of course it's still Halo. If you didn't like the previous games, chances are you're not going to like this one either.

As Daft's sheer laziness leaves me unwilling to accidentally help him out, let's say this is for the benefit of McPhee.

It wasn't laziness. I just wanted some enthusiasm along with the facts. All I got was Caris' enthusiasm, but no facts. I also didn't want to spoil too much.

Not really sure what's nashing at your craw, tbh.

ok brief summary of why I'm excited:

Forge World

Matchmaking:

which

looks

Fucking

Amazing

and features new modes like Invasion

Then we have firefight. Based on the ODST mode, it now comes with full customisation of every aspect of the AI, weapons, character traits etc etc plus a versus mode with player controlled Elites.

And campaign. Something I know next to nothing about but I do know this; You play as a member of Noble Team- a squad of Spartan III's fighting on Reach in the days prior to The Covenant destroying the entire planet. Reach is significant for being the military hub of the UNSC forces in the Halo universe and is the last planet between the covenant and Earth. It's a direct prequel to Halo: CE- the opening cinematic of CE is, in fact, the pillar of autumn leaving hyper space immediately after fleeing Reach so it's a big event.