N-Europe

Body sensations/tingles

dwarf

I'm curious to know what weird sensations you feel occasionally. I'm talking pins and needles country, but less common or known about.

I have 2:

Sometimes I get this kind of quivering in my body that lasts a second or two, it sort of vibrates up my body from one end to another. It happens when someone says something with authority or purpose, usually speeches. Sounds corny, but this is what happened when I watched Barac Obama's victory speech I got this feeling for a brief moment as he ushered those last words.

Also, this has only happened to me twice, but occasionally when I am lying in bed and start to drift off, not really awake when suddenly I get this falling sensation as though I've just fallen off the edge of my bed. It happens, I jolt and then open my eyes and I'm just in my bed and nothing has happened.

These are probably some sort of medical conditions but certainly interesting.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, this has only happened to me twice, but occasionally when I am lying in bed and start to drift off, not really awake when suddenly I get this falling sensation as though I've just fallen off the edge of my bed. It happens, I jolt and then open my eyes and I'm just in my bed and nothing has happened.

These are probably some sort of medical conditions but certainly interesting.

I think that one's pretty common, I get it sometimes.

Sometimes in lesson in school, one of my legs goes all "pins and needle"-sy, but not sore. But I'm scared it'll explode or something.

I often get shivers/pins-needled. (But I sit with one leg under the other at my dess usually, so that's unsurprising)

Sometimes when I see photos in the User Image Gallery I get this strange feeling in my pant region. I'm not sure why it happens!

I've got/do get that falling sleep thing pretty often, especially when I'm sleeping in a silly position(such as sitting up, as recently occured to me alot due to being on planes and generally tired). I get a shiver out of nowhere sometimes too, makes me recoil(feels like a snap, like a tiny shiver getting worse and coming to an end with a spasmy jolt) like an absolute spaz, no matter how much I fight it. Sometimes I feel my pulse at random times too, like in a part of my body, tis kinda weird.

One I was going to ask, anyone ever get that thing where you can feel a part of your body twitching, but it always seems to stop when you look at said part? I get it from time to time, but like only twice have I actually seen the twitching when I've looked.

Yup, don't worry, that sleep jolt thing is very common. None the less unpleasant, though.

When I listen to something magnificent and epic, if I really let myself get into it, I can give myself shivers all over. Be it an epic piece of music (like Hans Zimmer's "Chevaliers de Sangreal") or a beautiful speech (like Martin Luther King's "I have a dream"), they can really give my shivers and even bring a tear to my eye.

I get shivers during "epic" songs as well. All the kinda power ballady stuff from Whitney Houston and co. Not really anymore, but when I was less familar with it.

Most powerful was Llorando by Rebekah Del Rio in Mulholland Drive. Just one big shiver of awesomeness.

Metroid Prime's music made me do that for some reason. I think it was actually Echoes, because after not playing Prime for ages, it came out and I when the main theme came on I got the shiver. Was such an epic title screen for me.

I had vertigo a couple of month ago and it was crazy. Most of the time it felt like I was going down in a lift even if I was just standing my bedroom. It was a really vivid sensation though, it didn't just real a little like I was going down it felt exactly like it.

Horrible, glad it's gone.

Guest Maase

Ohohohohoh, don't get me started on this one.

I'm a real creep with those sensations.

First of all, I have the same "falling sensation" you do, pretty funny, I'm in a normal state, starting to sleep, and then it seems I'm falling and immediatly wake up trying to understand what happened.

Second, when I feel an epic/scary/excting moment on movies, anime, etc, I usually give little laugh (but not wanting to), my laughing can be quite scary.

There was one time where we were playing a game, we were on the lockeroom of a ginasium, we put the lights off, one of us would have to go to the end of the lockeroom while 5 others would try to creep him in the way.

My laugh (due to the excitation of scaring them) was enough to make one of them give up.

Another thing that happens to me is that when I'm too distracted, instead of having my eyes only fixed on nothing, I get a little smile, it can be quite creepy when I'm smiling (specially with my smile, that my friends call the "Phsyco Smile") while looking at nothing.

And last but not least, sometimes, I'm sleeping, and then I have the urge to wake up because I'm sick of being in bed wasting my time, normally, when I do so, I wake up with my eyes completely open, and my face without an expression, as if I was a zombie, only some seconds later I understand I'm waking up and understand everything around me, thus "feeling my eyes".

I would be the perfect actor in those Horror movies, altough, surprisingly, I am quite the "Wuss" type myself, too.

Related thought;

Does anyone, when they're lying in the dark, trying to get to sleep, suddenly realise that their eyes aren't fully closed? I sometimes do. I suddenly snap into realising that I can see black amorphous shapes of things in the dark of my room. However, I don't think this would have stopped me from sleeping. (having my haves not tightly closed)

Now that you mention it, I swear a few nights ago, I swear I was dreaming that something was on the end of my foot, so I kicked and it woke me up and I was like is there something on the end of my foot O.o

We had a talk at lunch today about sleeping stuff. And my friend said he woke up in the night and suddenly thought the Queen was dead. So he got up and checked it on his laptop. What a weird thing to say and do and believe O.o

I have had the sleeping one also. I think i will now pay attention to see if i get anything else! lol

Metroid Prime's music made me do that for some reason. I think it was actually Echoes, because after not playing Prime for ages, it came out and I when the main theme came on I got the shiver. Was such an epic title screen for me.

Seriously i reacted the same way and my girlfriend took the piss out of me for ages! lol

I also get shivers and goosebumps when I watch a brilliant scene from a telly show or film. It must be my body revving itself up for the awesomeness about to take place. Then it stays like that to absorb the awesomeness and go "That will never stop being awesome. That scene's awesome. IT'S AWESOME!"

Cramp in my foot sometimes, man that hurts!

Bloody foot cramps get on my tits. Just lying in bed, trying to sleep when "Aaaaaahhhhh, me fooking foot!" cramps up.

Also happens when I'm going about my day. Pain in the arse foot!

I do suffer from having incredibly realistic dreams a lot of the time... They are more real than real life and my memories in the dreams can be different from my own (like the queen being dead). I will wake up and have an altered sense of reality and it does take me a few seconds to remember that everything I experienced was a dream.

When I sleep with my gf, I will have back to back dreams for the whole night and its pretty crazy. I woke up accidently kicking her once, telling her that I was being attacked by a bee...embarrising!:awesome:

I dont get any body sensations...