NEurope

One of many daily arguments across the web in deciding the order of the trilogy in terms of quality... Pointless.

As soon as everyone accepts that it's this: Prime>Echoes>Corruption, the better :)

All three are excellent games so why worry about it? Just enjoy them! :)

I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but does Samus move quicker in this version?

I swear I can't move as slowly as in the original - sometimes I like to slowly creep through certain areas to just take it all in but I'm finding I either walk or run.

And I know it's not my nunchuk before someone asks so it leaves me to believe that it is my imagination as it would seem a strange design choice.

It's exactly as it's always been as far as I can remember, maybe it is slightly faster but I doubt it.

I guess I could just put the original in to check...

Turns out it is my imagination (and clearly my useless thumb) as they are exactly the same.

I think the quicker aiming was throwing me off...

I think the quicker aiming was throwing me off...

Quicker aiming? The lock-on on the Cube actually locked on. I liked being lazy.

Quicker aiming? The lock-on on the Cube actually locked on. I liked being lazy.

Then turn the lock on/free aim to off and it will - it defaults to on with the advanced control sensitivity but I always turn it off as like you say, sometimes it's nice to be lazy.

Still no Metroid...

Mine arrived today. Apparently there was a Royal Mail strike in London, probably resulting in the delay.

Mine arrived today. Apparently there was a Royal Mail strike in London, probably resulting in the delay.

Ah. Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow, hopefully.

Did any one get the free Metroid download?

Ah. Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow, hopefully.

Did any one get the free Metroid download?

Not yet :heh: and I even registered mine a week early, so my guess is they are waiting until all 5000 have been registered and then give out the codes all in one go or something?

Finished the first level this morning, had to beat the Parasite Queen twice as I got lost and ran out of time trying to escape...

I noticed that Samus' arm cannon doesn't frost over when charging the ice-beam, which I kinda miss, but I hadn't noticed any other downgrades.

Still, it's so good to play Prime with Wii Controls! Man I love that they released this!

The downgrades are:

Ripples in the water, frosting on the ice beam and I think the little floating bits of energy above the plasma gun.

I think it's down to the fact that you can now move Samus's arm in any direction, whereas before you couldn't move it as freely.

Strange, as they have actually made the following improvements:

“Just a tremendous upgrade as far as the fluidity of the controls, the HUD’s a little bit different,

the reticule is different as it relates to how you target your enemies now, lock-on’s a little bit different.†– Michael Kelbaugh, Executive Producer/President & CEO

“The biggest impact is that player’s see more of the art and intricate design that we put into the levels.†– Mike Wikan, Senior Designer

“We’ve gone in and surgically repaired textures with higher resolution versions.†– Mike Wikan, Senior Designer

“There were some parts where it was a bit slow…†– Risa Tabata, Assistant Producer

“…And where before you would have to wait for doors to open, the wait time is a lot shorter.†– Kensuke Tanabe, Producer

“We looked at a few of the bosses and made small refinements to those encounters.†– Mike Wikan, Senior Designer

Plus IGN stated they added bloom lighting and other effects in their review:

Metroid Prime now shines -- literally, I suppose -- with full bloom lighting throughout the entire adventure, an unexpected addition that layers more polish to an already-beautiful game. Unfortunately, the same technique could not be applied to Echoes, which utilizes different rendering methods.

But that's just in Prime! All in all confusing. I'll still get it though :)

Nintendo just seem to open themselves up to ridicule when they downgrade GC games in anyway, as the slightest downgrade will be discussed more than any amount of upgrades.

There's a massive internet advertising campaign going on with Metroid, in particular I've noticed a permanent sponsorship advert for it at the top of Facebook's front page. I suppose they know their "core" audience is likely to use the internet a lot, so they've made it their main target.

Just got to Impact Crater on Prime and I'm well pissed off. There was no man's voice saying "Impact Crater" like the cube version.

This is nothing like the original. NOTHING :(

Just got to Impact Crater on Prime and I'm well pissed off. There was no man's voice saying "Impact Crater" like the cube version.

This is nothing like the original. NOTHING :(

Huh? I don't remember any voice there? Only voice over I remember was in the intro which is still there