NEurope

No no, I don't rest the remote on my knee. I worded it wrong, I do like what you do, my wrist goes on my knee. Actually it's more near my crotch since I play with my feet up.

Ah right, yeah that makes sense :D I find that because I'm pointing where I'd basically like to be moving I kinda naturally point towards the middle of the screen anyway, I don't think about it, it just kinda happens as I've gotten so used to the controls.

i was in a huge ass cinema yesterday watching district 9 and i couldnt help but think how awesome it would be to play this on a huge cinema screen

Pff, he wasn't even hard in the original version of Echoes. The Spider Ball Guardian, now that was a real bitch. I'm glad we got the spring ball now, it made him a lot less frustrating.

Yeah. I agree. The Boost Guardian is about keping your cool, evasion and replenishing your health via the "hands". I'm stuck at the Spider Guardian right now (on the GameCube), and it's a real nuisance. I thought it'd just be about fighting a giant spider!

i was in a huge ass cinema yesterday watching district 9 and i couldnt help but think how awesome it would be to play this on a huge cinema screen

You mean like this

oddly before the 2nd minute someone makes a comment about doing this again when Metroid Prime 3 is out.... if they did do it there's no vid though :(

Pff, he wasn't even hard in the original version of Echoes. The Spider Ball Guardian, now that was a real bitch. I'm glad we got the spring ball now, it made him a lot less frustrating.

I guess it's different for each person. I found the Boost Guardian a lot harder than the Spider Guardian, and the Boost Guardian was one of the hardest bosses in all 3 games. Even harder than some final bosses.

Just obtained the Gravity Boost thingy, not entirely sure what I've got to do next, fuck around looking for keys I guess.

I couldn't resist the sexy looking box for this game n so bought it! :)

Loved playing these games so it will be great when i get round to playing on them again!

Man, if Play.com shipped to Australia (do they?) I would have so bought this game already.

Lousy Nintendo of Australia and there slow release dates. That's what happens when your publisher is run by a woman.

*Ducks*

I couldn't resist the sexy looking box for this game n so bought it! :)

Loved playing these games so it will be great when i get round to playing on them again!

Same for me.

Man, if Play.com shipped to Australia (do they?) I would have so bought this game already.

Lousy Nintendo of Australia and there slow release dates. That's what happens when your publisher is run by a woman.

*Ducks*

You can try Playasia. I know an Australian that's used that.

I've a friend that had never played any Metroid game, whenever I mentioned a Metroid game he always said "it's not my type of game" even though he knew absolutely nothing about them... and I mean nothing! It used to really annoy me how he'd judge the games without knowing anything about them and simply saying "it's not my type of game".

Well recently he bought Shadow Complex on his 360 and he's loving that. Having heard the comparisons to Super Metroid in reviews etc he thought he'd give the Prime Trilogy a go...

...lately I've been getting regular text messages off him saying things along the line of "oh my god, this game is amazing, I can't believe I never listened to you and just played one of them. I see why you say this is one of the best games you've ever played".

He is now looking to get Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion for his DS and Super Metroid from the Virtual Console.

Such is the power of Metroid! Haha

I bought the Trilogy last week, having played Metroid Prime (although I hadn't played that for a long time seeing as I traded it in) and Metroid Prime 3 (I should've traded that in to get money off really). I'm playing them chronologically, meaning I'm into Prime right now. What a game. I forgot just how good this is. Just got the super missile in the observatory (which, by the way, is a beautiful room with its projection of the planets). I love Metroid. I haven't played MP2 yet, but I'm bracing myself. It's very hard, apparantly.

He is now looking to get Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion for his DS and Super Metroid from the Virtual Console.

Excellent! Awesome games!

I forgot just how good this is. Just got the super missile in the observatory (which, by the way, is a beautiful room with its projection of the planets).

Yeah, I love that bit. I love scanning them and seeing some of them are from previous games!

I haven't played MP2 yet, but I'm bracing myself. It's very hard, apparantly.

Yeah, it is, but it's a marathon - something that tales patience more than anything. If you can beat Metroid Prime fairly easily, it shouldn't be too bad. Until the Spider Guardian, that is! You need to be very good with your Morph Ball control, but that should be a bit easier in the Trilogy too.

What a game. I forgot just how good this is. Just got the super missile in the observatory (which, by the way, is a beautiful room with its projection of the planets).

Shit, I'd forgotten that room entirely! I haven't played MP in a very long time, but it's my top game ever, alongside Zelda OOT.

Yeah, [Echoes] is [hard], but it's a marathon - something that tales patience more than anything.

Agree. Even though I beat it on the Cube in roughly 32 hours, it felt more like 70! Really, the game just feels so longer than the others. Maybe it's because of the dual world thing.

Now we're talking.

Pimpsmacked the Grapple Guardian last night. Still not sure these days where I'm meant to be going next. Key hunts give me such an erection, they're that much fun.

I've got Super Metroid on the VC, but got stuck on that ship place and haven't picked it up and played it since.

MP is just brilliant. I've just played that bit where you get the thermal visor and then have to use it to escape through a series of rooms filled with Space Pirates and Metroids breaking out of their cages. Scares me shitless, but so much fun anyway.

Only wanted to mention that I finished Echoes just a few hours ago.

100% in 15:27. Exactly five hours and three seconds more than I needed for Prime 1.

You mean like this

oddly before the 2nd minute someone makes a comment about doing this again when Metroid Prime 3 is out.... if they did do it there's no vid though :(

Heh, playing Wii on a cinema projector using composite cables. Genius. (I'm just envious)

I bought the Trilogy last week, having played Metroid Prime (although I hadn't played that for a long time seeing as I traded it in) and Metroid Prime 3 (I should've traded that in to get money off really). I'm playing them chronologically, meaning I'm into Prime right now. What a game. I forgot just how good this is. Just got the super missile in the observatory (which, by the way, is a beautiful room with its projection of the planets). I love Metroid. I haven't played MP2 yet, but I'm bracing myself. It's very hard, apparantly.

When you said you were playing them chronologically I thought you were playing the whole series. You should. Metroid 2 was the hardest to me. (not Prime).

I love that room! It had info on a few planets. Which one were those? I think Zebes was in it.

It had info on a few planets. Which one were those? I think Zebes was in it.

There were Zebes, Tallon IV and two or three random ones that never played any role in series.

Wow.

Let my girlfriend fetch this for me along with Little King's Story and Anno and The World Ends With You. I'm unwillingly glued to the sofa for over a week anyway. Blasted surgeons.

Never played any of the Primes, never thought I missed out on anything, but when I heard about this collector's edition, my nads started to tingle out of sheer excitement. A full wiimote-makeover.

The moment you pop the disc in, you get struck by the game's awesome presentation. Menus look slick, animation intros for the trilogy and Echoes MP and such, extras... what more could you wish for?

I've only just finished the Chozo Ruins, and boy am I loving it. At first I thought of it as something close to a first person Zelda with guns, but then I started appreciating how this game (or rather, these games, I should hope) improve on LoZ's set-in-stone mechanics (map => miniboss => weapon upgrade => boss). I assume I'm only at the beginning of the game, and already have I gotten to countless missile launcher and energy capacity upgrades. Sweet incentive for backtracking.

The fact that you can actually jump and dodge, all the while still maintaining the upper hand of the gameplay, is an amazing feat for me. Haven't enjoyed a shooter (or FPA, before some of you send me hate mail) since Perfect Dark.

And then there's the atmosphere and polish. The music's obviously synthesized, but it never does it become annoying. From the get go, the score is brooding with foreboding (can you say that? think some of my anaesthetic is still wearing off, can't articulate what I'm thinking the way I should like), and shapeshifts dynamically at set points in the level. And then there's how water and condensation and yadayadayada appear on your helmet. Needless to say that the attention to detail is to my liking. Think I've scanned just about everything I can scan, not only to find out the weak points for massive damage, but also (and maybe more so) for admiring the artwork. All of it is very reminiscent of Alien. Or maybe that's just because we've only recently watched the whole quadrilogy in a couple of days.

Graphically, it's made me feel a bit depressed really. Mind you, not for the reasons you'd suspect. It's a slap to the face and on the wrist to many a developer that they've been really, really lazy over the past few years with the Wii. Praise whatever gods may be that some devs are starting to mend their ways.

All in all, I think the above shows that I'm still mopping up the dribble on the floor while I'm playing.

Question: Does playing the game on advanced difficulty settings also add deeper gameplay, or is it just harder baddies?

Question: Does playing the game on advanced difficulty settings also add deeper gameplay, or is it just harder baddies?

Sadly, it's the usual enemies-get-more-stamina-you-get-less routine. Developers nowadays could really be a bit more original with their difficulty settings.

But I'm glad to hear that you like it so far.

It makes me happy seeing people discover the wonder that is the Prime trilogy. While I haven't bought this package myself, I can safely say that any newbies buying this are in for a real treat. Definately the best thing on the Wii.

I'm unwillingly glued to the sofa for over a week anyway. Blasted surgeons.

Who carelessly left you covered in glue...

:D

It makes me happy seeing people discover the wonder that is the Prime trilogy. While I haven't bought this package myself, I can safely say that any newbies buying this are in for a real treat. Definately the best thing on the Wii.

I agree, it's probably the best value thing since Mario Allstars + Super Mario World!!! It's a total steal and for completists there's hours and hours of gameplay.

I'm loving replaying Prime at the moment, I've just got the plasma cannon.