N-Europe

Mafiawesome: The San Luis Penguins

jayseven

Two problems, mainly:

1. Stopping other people from voting actively discourages posting in the thread. When Charlie/mr-paul targeted me, I wasn't posting as much as I'd like to. I wanted to convince everyone to vote Gizmo, but if I didn't vote for him, I would look suspicious.

2. English not being my first language, using "westerner" accents and terms, coupled with unusual phrases and constructions, made reading the write-ups quite difficult for me.

Sure, thist could only (maybe) affect me, Maase, Eenuh and Danny, but still, it was a bit confusing.

Other than that, pretty good. Following hunches would've payed off, and make for a very interesting game.

I'm still dumbfounded that Nintendohnut was evil! :o I knew you were Dirk, but I thought him and the horse were the only guys we could trust to be good. I guess I confused him with the deputy (Eenuh) :hmm:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still dumbfounded that Nintendohnut was evil! :o I knew you were Dirk, but I thought him and the horse were the only guys we could trust to be good. I guess I confused him with the deputy (Eenuh) :hmm:

Nintendohnut / Dirk was the Deputy.

I was pretty chuffed with myself really. I convinced everyone that I was an investigator early on, and this made it much easier. This was in actual fact the reason that several of my fellow mafia got off a lynch - because people trusted me I could subtly change the conversation and move it away from people I wanted to protect. You'll see me focusing on Dyson and Ell a lot more the last day as people started looking towards Gizmo. Same with Moogle, when I convinced you all he was an investigator too... which he was, but an evil one.

It worked well - I was very aware that if I lied or made a mistake with the information I was making up then I'd be in trouble but in the end nobody really checked what I was saying because they trusted me.

I really enjoyed the game and the write-ups though. Well done jay!

Nintendohnut / Dirk was the Deputy.

Gah! I meant the guy that Eenuh was.

See? I get the two confused.

I was pretty chuffed with myself really. I convinced everyone that I was an investigator early on, and this made it much easier. This was in actual fact the reason that several of my fellow mafia got off a lynch - because people trusted me I could subtly change the conversation and move it away from people I wanted to protect. You'll see me focusing on Dyson and Ell a lot more the last day as people started looking towards Gizmo. Same with Moogle, when I convinced you all he was an investigator too... which he was, but an evil one.

It worked well - I was very aware that if I lied or made a mistake with the information I was making up then I'd be in trouble but in the end nobody really checked what I was saying because they trusted me.

I really enjoyed the game and the write-ups though. Well done jay!

I had forgotten that you claimed to have info, though. My trust came mainly from the fact that you were Dirk. If I had reread the first days, I would've found your lie!

It's like these;

example.gif

... except more complicated. That's the way I've always seen the mafia games. I tried to provide all the bits so that if someone sat and connected the dots, they'd end up with answers.

Exactly! I used to love those puzzles. Haven't done one in ages, though.

Dannyboy; alright! I said it already :P I was wrong with that. I think the mafia guys found it was alright because they had the 'dramatic irony' of knowing more of what was going on in the write-ups than the townies did.

Chair; thanks :) that's a big compliment, coming from you (Big_C! :P) I hope that my next mafia game can equalise the balance that I over-stepped with this one.

Jonnas; exactly! You should've re-read the previous days :P It's exactly how I wrote it. Well, next time I'll try not to make that so necessary. No doubt the 'mafia' will have a much harder time... *mirks in glee at his own knowledge of his next mafia game*