N-Europe

Game Series Collections

I've recently found myself collecting certain game series. I've decided I must own all the Phantasy Stars, GTAs, Metal Gear Solids and Final Fantasies. Or at least all the the ones I can get my grubby little mitts on. The slow start is as follows:

Phantasy Star

PSO Reviewer Copy (Dreamcast)

PSO 1+2 (GC)

PSU (360)

PSU AotI (PS2)

I'm sure I have a normal copy of PSO on the DC somewhere.

GTA

GTA1 (PS1)

GTA London (PS1)

GTA2 (PC)

GTA3 (PS2)

GTA3 Vice City (PS2)

GTA San Andreas(PS2)

GTA Vice City Stories (PS2)

GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2)

GTA4 Safe Deposit Box Edition (360)

Metal Gear Solid

MGS2 (PS2)

MGS2 Substance (Xbox)

MGS4 (PS3)

MGS (GBC)

Final Fantasy

FF Anthology (4and 5) (PS1)

FF6 (PS1)

FF7 (PS1)

FF8 (PS1)

FF10 (PS2)

FF11 (360)

FF12 (PS2)

Anyone else collect certain series?

yep got all the metal gears...and almost all the GTA's. Did think it would be awesome to own all the Final Fantasy's but soon got bored of buying them and with 2 on the PS2 that I can't play it just doesn't seem worth it.

Oooh, you're missing Twin Snakes from your collection. That'd be worth quite a bit, I recommend picking it up. Such a fantastic game. Holds a worthy place in my GC collection, one of my proudest purchases tbh. Think I got it for £20, now see it going for about £50!

Yeah, I'm pretty new to the whole MGS thing. I got 4 a month or two ago and it quickly became one of my favourite games. Now I need the rest!

Gamestation have it in their preowned bit of their website for £20 but it's out of stock. I have a stock alert set up so as soon as/if they get more, I'm having it!

I can't say I set out to collect certain series', I just buy the games if they're good. It just so happens that some series you can rely on to be consistent in quality. Here are the ones that are most prominent in my collection (might update if I can think of more) :

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime: Hunters

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Metroid Prime 3

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil (GCN)

Resident Evil 4

F Zero

F-Zero

F-Zero X

(was praying for a NPC release of GX)

We're also talking about a lot of Zeldas post-LttP, a couple of the early Final Fantasies Fantasies and pretty much every Pokemon game that was released up to Fire Red/Leaf Green. Maybe the new remakes will rekindle my passion.

Good luck with getting a complete Phantasy Star collection, Goaferboy. Seriously, both the megadrive's 4 titles and the master systems' ones are really expensive to buy instores and online. If you're lucky, Gamestations sometimes have some of the megadrive ones but they're £30 a pop.

As far as series that I have, all I have is the Metroid Prime series, minus Hunters but have the main 3 titles. I'd love to try and get hold of the entire Zelda series, including the god awful Philips CDi titles purely for completionist status. Bet they're rare now, probably because people binned them due to how awful they were.

• 1 month later...
Good luck with getting a complete Phantasy Star collection, Goaferboy. Seriously, both the megadrive's 4 titles and the master systems' ones are really expensive to buy instores and online. If you're lucky, Gamestations sometimes have some of the megadrive ones but they're £30 a pop.

Paid £10 for both 2 and 3 on the MD at gamestation :grin:

Thought I'd drag this thread up again to post an update on my series collections. New additions are in red

Phantasy Star

Phantasy Star 2 (Mega Drive)

Phantasy Star 3 (Mega Drive)

PSO Reviewer Copy (Dreamcast)

PSO 1+2 (GC)

Phantasy Star: C.A.R.D (GC)

PSO Blue Burst (PC Legal Download)

PSU (360)

PSU AotI (PS2)

Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)

I'm sure I have a normal copy of PSO on the DC somewhere.

GTA

GTA (PS1)

GTA London (PS1)

GTA2 (PC)

GTA3 (PS2)

GTA Vice City (PC)

GTA San Andreas(PS2)

GTA Vice City Stories (PS2)

GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2)

GTA4 Safe Deposit Box Edition (360)

GTA Chinatown Wars (DS)

Metal Gear Solid

MGS2 (PS2)

MGS2 Substance (Xbox)

MGS3 (PS2)

MGS4 (PS3)

MGS (GBC) X2

MGS Portable Ops (PSP)

MG Acid 2 (PSP)

Final Fantasy

FF1 (PSP)

FF4 (DS)

FF Anthology (4and 5) (PS1)

FF6 (PS1)

FF7 (PS1)

FF8 (PS1) X2

FF10 (PS2)

FF11 (360)

FF12 (PS2)

FF Crystal Chronicles (GC)

FF Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP)

FF: Crisis Core (PSP)

Edited by Goafer

I'm poor so actually collecting(making the effort) things will have to wait.

I do have some though.

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Fallout 3 LE

I'll get all the DLC as a repurchase of the Goty, and I'm missing that awful console hacknslash.

Half-Life

Blue Shift

Opposing Force

Team Fortress Classic

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2 Lost Coast

Half-Life 2 Episode 1

Half-Life 2 Episode 2

Portal

Team Fortress 2

TFC and TF2 aren't really part of HL, but oh well.

As for you Goaferboy, you need to get the playable version of FFVI. Either the SNES or GBA versions. (SNES is better imo)

Warcraft

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans

Warcraft 2: Deluxe edition (Comes with all expansions)

Warcraft 3

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Broken Sword

Broken Sword (Original big box)

Broken Sword 2 (Original big box)

Broken Sword 3

Broken Sword 4

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XI

Final Fantasy XII

Really the only ones worth mentioning.

and I'm missing that awful console hacknslash.

As for you Goaferboy, you need to get the playable version of FFVI. Either the SNES or GBA versions. (SNES is better imo)

I think I have that Fallout (Was it Brotherhood of Steel?). It was pretty terrible. You're not missing much.

What's wrong with the PS1 version? I haven't really played it yet so I'm curious now. I don't really use ebay to buy my games so it's normally a case of getting them as I see them in Gamestation or car boot sales. I'll get any of the games from those series if I see them, so it's only a matter of time until I end up with it I imagine.

Superb. 1 and 2 are fantastic games; 3 just didn't do it for me unfortunately. Couldn't get in to it. Would love to play MGS4 but alas, no PS3.

That's exactly the same as me. I'm just not going to carry on with 3 because the camera is too annoying and the game is to slow.