NEurope
Karl619

Inspirational Landscapes in Videogames

Zelda TP has some really pretty moments, this being one of the areas.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060607043210896.jpg

Assassin's creed is also awe inspiring when you get the scope of the city.

160_%5BASSASSINS%20CREED%5D_S_%5BJerusalem%5D_%5BHighPoint1%5D.jpg

Mario Galaxy was amazing all the way through.

galaxy1.jpg

As been said already, Baiten Kaitos and its pre rendered backgrounds. This one specifically left me jaw dropped.

batenkaitos_graphixxx.jpg

m_screen032.jpg

5662_f.jpg

razorback_03.jpg

snake_sales.jpg

fallout3_1_lg.jpg

fallout32008112511325350_2.png

CtxUiDKpz.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

I would add some Zelda TP, Mario 64 and TS images but cba.

Edited by dwarf

Tallon IV, Metroid prime is stunning- a leaving, breathing planet, full of mystery and beauty. Oh, and Hyrule. Hyrule's beautiful, albeit too small.

CtxUiDKpz.jpg

That's the bit! That was the moment I was glad I bought a PS3...okay, actually about 2 minutes later when you climb onto the sub.

Assassin's Creed, as Shino said.

assassins-creed.jpg

assassins-creed-20071114082052596_screen001.jpg

Second one looks promising in that respect as well.

4u6w6t.jpg

Edited by Daft

Yeah it was a great moment so I thought I'd post it on behalf of your suggestion. I really loved Paper Mario TTYD art style, it was brilliant.

CtxUiDKpz.jpg

I love the verdancy of the landscape; one of these days I'll take up gaming :p

I love the verdancy of the landscape; one of these days I'll take up gaming :p

How did you end up here?

Probably because it's in general chit chat. But don't sound surprised! There are such things as Tomboys!

@ Shino - love that place in Baten Kaitos. Love to just stand and watch the clouds roll by. So beautiful. I definitely agree that 2D is better than 3D and this game really does show it. Best looking place, though, is Parnasse the confectionary place. It's just so outlandishly beautiful.

How did you end up here?

Sounds unecessarily accusatory but whatever; I joined knee cos of ReZ and it was fun, so I stayed.

I don't think he meant for that to sound that way, as he might not be someone who lurks in general chit chat much. It probably did seem odd for him to see someone posting "oo, I might try playing games one day" on a gaming forum, no? That's probably all there is to it. The first thing I would've said would have pretty much been the same thing he did.

Sounds unecessarily accusatory but whatever; I joined knee cos of ReZ and it was fun, so I stayed.

Pretty much the same reason I'm here too, just replace ReZ with Happenstance. Although I like gaming, just not Nintendos current lineup all that much.

I thank Flinky for he's righteousness, I am indeed just curious why would someone be on a gaming forum and not game at all.

I thank Flinky for he's righteousness, I am indeed just curious why would someone be on a gaming forum and not game at all.
I used to play on the wii but I've lost interest recently. I'm here because I enjoy it and tbh I know a few people on here don't game that much.

Get out Molly, you aren't wanted here. ;-)

We'll talk about this later. :P

As Daft said, basically the entire of Uncharted. Visually just breathtaking. Just....stunning.

And of course DKC2. All of it. Every little bit.

dkc2bee.gif

dkc2map1.gif

I'll look for actual amazing images later but I'm ridiculously busy at work. Or one of the DKC cronies will get there first....;)

Not sure about any of them being inspirational, but ones i've really enjoyed, amongst those already mentioned, are Beyond Good & Evil and Kameo.

The two that particularly inspired me were Wind Waker and Dragon Quest VII (Journey of the Cursed King).

Wind Waker made me think of all the mysterious things that could be found out at sea: viewing platforms, towers, tiny islands with strange statues on them, lighthouses with beams that pierce through the sky, phoenix-like birds perching on needle-type rocks...

If you look at a map in real life, there really are lots of towers, forts and islands offshore, certainly between England and France anyway.

Dragon Quest VIII, on the other hand, really showed me how you could be made to feel you're on a journey. There's one bit in particular, when you're on your way to Arcadia Castle, and you pass through enormous valleys/gorges. I'd never truly had that feeling I was travelling through huge areas before, and this delivered that.

You don't have to have flat, barren landscapes. Huge hills/mountains lined with trees help greatly in giving a sense of scale.