NEurope
fex

Windows 7

From where, I need another copy. Wasn't that microsoft experience sales training deal was it?

From where, I need another copy. Wasn't that microsoft experience sales training deal was it?

I got it from Acer, its only for Acer systems i think.

Cos I'm lazy to go searching myself where is the cheapest place to pick up a retail version of home ?

Cos I'm lazy to go searching myself where is the cheapest place to pick up a retail version of home ?

Ebuyer is a good place to find a copy of 7, £89 for full version of Home Premium.

Ebuyer is a good place to find a copy of 7, £89 for full version of Home Premium.

Thank you kindly Sir :kiss:

Thank you kindly Sir :kiss:

Not a problem :santa:

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a little problem. Half my updates keep failing to install, including ones for Nokia and MS updates. And i haven't had an update notification since Mid-November, even though the option for these is "on". Any suggestions, or have i got to re-install.

Edited by Jimbob

Hi all.

I am using windows 7 these days on my desktop and its really far times better then windows vists.

Not a problem :santa:

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a little problem. Half my updates keep failing to install, including ones for Nokia and MS updates. And i haven't had an update notification since Mid-November, even though the option for these is "on". Any suggestions, or have i got to re-install.

I had a similar issue in Vista but none of my updates would install. It had something to do with other software. I think the .net framework. Found a tool online to fix it but it was quite some time ago, so I can't be of any more help.

If you haven't already, enable "dreamscenes" (google that if you can't enable them). They let you put videos as wallpaper. Right now I have Jamiroquai's Space Cowboy.

Does anybody know where I could find the Japanese Rising Sun animation?

Preferably in 1280x800 resolution please.

If you haven't already, enable "dreamscenes" (google that if you can't enable them). They let you put videos as wallpaper. Right now I have Jamiroquai's Space Cowboy.

That would get old quick.

I had a similar issue in Vista but none of my updates would install. It had something to do with other software. I think the .net framework. Found a tool online to fix it but it was quite some time ago, so I can't be of any more help.

I'll take a look and see if that is the same problem i'm having. Cheers for the advice.

They were on vista, and yes, it gets old quick.

It gets old darn quick. If only there was a way to "loop" videos as to not have the same one playing consistently. Then i would guess it wouldn't get boring or old as quick.

I think the general idea with Dream Scenes is to have something simple, like a large landscape with a slight change, with the clouds moving or the light and shadows slightly shifting. Look at the title, "dream scene", not "awesome animated desktop".

I don't think the idea is to have a large detailed video constantly playing in the background. Why would you want that?

Some people like annoying things on their PC.

I have a friend who has custom sounds of things like someone saying, "Fuck you." from some movie for USB connecting, etc. Instead of the explorer "click" he has someone saying, "No..." It drives me insane when I hear it on those few occasions.

Haha I used to do that years ago on Windows 95 using Simpsons sounds. Back in the day....

Haha I used to do that years ago on Windows 95 using Simpsons sounds. Back in the day....

Hahah me too. I had an Oasis theme. Everytime you clicked or loaded something it would play a 5 second snippet of a song. The mouse pointer was also a union jack guitar....

I look back and think WHY?

Okay, this is annoying...

I have things pinned to the taskbar and normally when they're open the icon just changes to highlighted. But now Google Chrome and iTunes both load up another icon...?

I have things pinned to the taskbar and normally when they're open the icon just changes to highlighted. But now Google Chrome and iTunes both load up another icon...?

And this only happens with iTunes and G Chrome?

Weird.

Try this anyway:

Right click on the taskbar and click properties.

Where it says Taskbar buttons, change it to 'Always combine, hide labels'.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

On my Dad's PC (well, my profile on his PC) I changed to a different version of Chrome. So the same shortcut opens up a different program (or something like that).

The solution was to open the program and pin the second icon to the taskbar, then remove the original one.

That option had already been turned on Lillster, but cheers.

Cube got it for me! Thanks!

I had always just put up with iTunes doing it; but since Chrome it annoyed me too much.

It's annoying that Firefox and Windows Live Messenger teams have not come up with ways to compensate for the way the Windows 7 taskbar works. I hate that you need two windows open for messenger, one seemingly useless one which represents the old icon that used to sit in the icon area of the taskbar. You can return it to this state by running it in compatibility mode for Vista, but really they should solve this. Similarly I don't like how upon closing Firefox, if you still have the downloads window open, that becomes your icon, and to then reopen the browser you have to shift+click (something which isn't even made clear without a little research).

It's because of this that I've had to resort to adding labels to my taskbar icons and ungrouping unless it runs out of room. Which makes it little more than Vista with a huge quick launch bar.

I believe the winfox add on. If you can find it gets firefox to work like IE8 does. But the main website for it was down the last time I looked.

Edit: take it back looks like its up again: http://blog.compugeeksoftware.com/blog/software/winfox-ndash-firefox-and-windows-7/

I just gave it a shot. Seems a bit buggy for me on FF 3.5 with the winfox encountering problems.

Edited by Ten10