N-Europe

Love - Gameplay Video

Wesley

http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/gameplay_video.html

Amazing!

I love that art style so much.

I'm not sure how much interest I have in this game because of the game itself... it's more based on the guy. Who is fantastic and creates everything himself using smart programming, he was also on one of the Listen Up! podcasts during GDC and spoke a lot of sense.

Here is another link with a more friendly video.

http://kotaku.com/5223889/the-best-mmo-demonstration-video-youll-see-in-a-while

There was a piece on this on Area5.tv's coop either last week or the week before where they did a walk through of loads of the features etc..it looks like a very interesting game and the unique art style and approaches to game play means it will definitely get noticed I reckon.

I got bored watching the video about halfway through :/ I know it's just a demo though so *shrugs* anyway...

The art atyle is nice yes, the idea seems all well and good but it's never feels like it's going anywhere, he mentioned that it's gonna be an MMOG of some sort? It certainly seems original but Idk I just found watching it depressing :( potential is there for it to be something but none of it makes any sense atm. ><

Guest Captain Falcon

I think I've finally seen an MMO I can actually get excited about.

I also though the menu looked a little complicated - to many obscure symbols and not enough words, but I'm sure you'd get used to it and it's not like you would be given everything off the bat anyway so you'd have time to learn what each does.

I don't get the hate for that menu. Do you need a little post it note on an umbrella saying 'umbrella'? Or the same on anything else you see?

When you learn to use things you don't need all these reminders reminding you what they are. That's why I like the menu. It's different to what I've seen before.

And surely if you start a game as big as this you're gonna put in the hours playing it. You'll remember what everything is as you go along.

I can't wait for this, I'll play it and put in some time making my own little city or something.

I don't get the hate for that menu. Do you need a little post it note on an umbrella saying 'umbrella'? Or the same on anything else you see?

When you learn to use things you don't need all these reminders reminding you what they are. That's why I like the menu. It's different to what I've seen before.

And surely if you start a game as big as this you're gonna put in the hours playing it. You'll remember what everything is as you go along.

I can't wait for this, I'll play it and put in some time making my own little city or something.

Theres no way anyone could remember all that, there were numerous menus and sybols.. Which where all similar!

Yeah the menu looked a lil' complex... but considering he probably had a bunch of developer's tools on it... maybe. I dunno, I'm clutching straws, that was, to be honest, one of the first negative things I thought about it.

Theres no way anyone could remember all that, there were numerous menus and sybols.. Which where all similar!

Do you know what most things are by walking past them?

Granted you've had however many years growing up with them around you but still, given time you can learn what things are by looking at a simple symbol/picture.

Don't just fob it off because there's too many.

I'm sure there was never too many christmas presents under your tree as as child.

• 5 months later...

High-five flameboy. Actually, don't high-five. UUURR ON FIAAAR!

If you're signing up and actually go create an account before me then do tell us all what one you go on. We could get a small community on there:

There is a 200 limit for servers, but if you know someone on a server you can still get in (with an upper limit of 250).