Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Financial Frustrations!

Iun

I don't really understand what they hope to gain by giving people such hefty charges. Surely if you go into your overdraft/over your limit, you're not really going to be in the best position to pay off that charge?

Banks should be there to help people, not make the situation worse.

AH damn banks!

You know i've been charged an overdraft even though i was 40p over. No joke.

40p?

Holy Fnorking Scnhitt.

The other part I just found out is that they were going to charge me for being overdrawn in March as well, but they waived that when I sent them my first letter. My grandma put in some money and they still to 28 quid in feb, leaving me a tenner overdrawn.

Now they say they are unlikely to waive the first charge... it's sick.

I think my overdraft stands at around £2000, but its a graduate account. Whilst I was a student I never needed a £2000 overdraft I only used around £500 towards pay day. I opened up a savings account, transfered £1000 and started to gain interest on this money. = Win.

I'm still in my overdraft now, although I would like to be out of it. But having moved to a new city and the company I worked for went under after 7 weeks, I never got paid and then it took me another 2 months to find a job. I'm now on minimum wage scraping enough money to pay rent and bills, leaving me with a few pounds every week to try and climb back up to 0.

Happy Times!

I cant remember what its like not to be overdrawn. This is what happens when you get in debt at uni and then dont go back home to save up. Rent and bills make it so you can never save. I've saved money now staying at my g/fs parents, but that money is for travelling. I'll come back in the same position, but ah well! One day i'll clear it.

I cant remember what its like not to be overdrawn. This is what happens when you get in debt at uni and then dont go back home to save up. Rent and bills make it so you can never save. I've saved money now staying at my g/fs parents, but that money is for travelling. I'll come back in the same position, but ah well! One day i'll clear it.

When the wife and I finished uni we had overdrafts and credit card debt galore. We knew we'd never pay it off unless we kinda forced ourselves so we took out a graduate loan to cover it all and paid it off over three years. At the same time we reduced our overdrafts to zero so that we wouldn't be tempted to go back into them.

Being out of debt (bar student loan and mortgage) is wicked.

Foook sake. Halifax and amazon.co.uk have decided to go their seperate ways, and I'm gonna get issued with a Halifax card instead of the Amazon one I have. But I already have a Halifax card. Mannnnn >_<

And my statement came in - £50cr. I must have overpaid?! I don't even bluudy know tbh. xD

(so I was absolutely broke last month for noooo reason - joy)