NEurope
S.C.G

Rejection...

meh ~ kicking up a bit of a fuss is kinda making me feel better... :heh: and with the job market so quiet right now theres not a lot to DO during the daytime.... might as well harass folk ^_^

I bet it felt bloody good to get that off your chest :D

With a little luck (or if they never employed anyone in the end) you may get a second chance - who knows! :smile:

how apt! the day i get a job doing something that i'm most likely gunna enjoy (did i mention the free sushi???) i hear back from the deli place... :grin:

Dear Becky,

Just to follow on from our telephone conversation earlier this week, I wanted to take this opportunity, again, to sincerely apologise for the way in which your trial shift seemed to be conducted. We pride ourselves in being a very hospitable company and this hospitality should be extended to both internal and external customers; I hope this came through in the assessment day and I am so disappointed that this was not the case on the day of your trial.

Having investigated the facts, the General Manager was, unfortunately, off sick on the day of you trial. Another supervisor was left in charge in his absence, but it’s clear from your email and the conversation we had that you were not made aware of this. Half way through your shift another supervisor’s shift started, who was also responsible for monitoring you. The feedback from both of these supervisors was that, given the high calibre of all the candidates, others were better suited to this style of operation. We were looking for a sense of urgency and an awareness of a fast paced environment in particular, and whilst you seemed to have an appropriate awareness of customers, these aforementioned qualities were slightly lacking.

Becky, I really hope that this answers some of the questions that were raised with regards to your trial, and that the feedback is of help to you.

Should there be anything else you would like to discuss with me, please do not hesitate to drop me a line.

I wish you the very best of luck in your job search.

Warm Regards,

Susi

i'm considering writing back ... telling her i was more concerned about how the terrible conduct of her staff would be handled as it was already quite obvious that i wasn't actually being observed.

i should probably just let it go... buuuuuut.... i've never actually BEEN a thorn in someone's side before... i kinda wanna try it.

what do y'all think...? :grin:

i'm considering writing back ... telling her i was more concerned about how the terrible conduct of her staff would be handled as it was already quite obvious that i wasn't actually being observed.

i should probably just let it go... buuuuuut.... i've never actually BEEN a thorn in someone's side before... i kinda wanna try it.

I'd say 'do eeeeet!' it sounds like they are trying to shrug off the behaivour of their staff who are allready there and clearly don't deserve to be - the one that was pretending to work and slagging everyone off probably shouldn't be there anyway - I mean I know some people will moan about their job sometimes but sheesh, she clearly doesn't want to be there and isn't even doing her job properly from what you've described. :blank:

So I'd say, go for it if you wanna Bluey. :)

how apt! the day i get a job doing something that i'm most likely gunna enjoy (did i mention the free sushi???) i hear back from the deli place... :grin:

Let it go? Are you crazy, woman? She didn't even pick up your point, but focused instead on something you said wasn't even the problem! You're almost compelled to write her back! Dooo eeet! ;)

Do it, she completely missed your point. You could probably take them to court if you really wanted to because of abuse at the workplace. Say you're now depressed about it.

Dear Becky,

Just to follow on from our telephone conversation earlier this week, I wanted to take this opportunity, again, to sincerely apologise for the way in which your trial shift seemed to be conducted. We pride ourselves in being a very hospitable company and this hospitality should be extended to both internal and external customers; I hope this came through in the assessment day and I am so disappointed that this was not the case on the day of your trial.

Having investigated the facts, the General Manager was, unfortunately, off sick on the day of you trial. Another supervisor was left in charge in his absence, but it’s clear from your email and the conversation we had that you were not made aware of this. Half way through your shift another supervisor’s shift started, who was also responsible for monitoring you. The feedback from both of these supervisors was that, given the high calibre of all the candidates, others were better suited to this style of operation. We were looking for a sense of urgency and an awareness of a fast paced environment in particular, and whilst you seemed to have an appropriate awareness of customers, these aforementioned qualities were slightly lacking.

Becky, I really hope that this answers some of the questions that were raised with regards to your trial, and that the feedback is of help to you.

Should there be anything else you would like to discuss with me, please do not hesitate to drop me a line.

I wish you the very best of luck in your job search.

Warm Regards,

Sus

Typical corporate shite; words crafted with little substance to hold to them. Her response makes next to no sense - she talks about the calibre required, yet you encountered people working there of such a low calibre that for her to suggest you didn't match their calibre (or that of other candidates to join them) is clearly true (you're above them) but insulting in the sense that she meant it (below them).

I would suggest forwarding a complaint to someone higher than this woman, since she is obviously as thick as horse shit that has been slow-baking for a few days.

im experiencing rejection from my mother. she seems to have developed a distinct disslike for me over recant days. not that im that bothered, shes been doing my head latly so the distance is kinda refreshing.

So did she essentially say "our supervisors did fuck all and we are so shoddily arranged that you had no way of knowing who was in charge"?