NEurope
ssj

Rareware goodness confirmed for xbla

Perfect dark image looks dodgy... Tooie is bound to come, mind you.

I was really hoping for Blast Corps, I would kill for that!

I mean, it doesn't take much effort to look at his profile on Xbox Live to realise that this is as fake sugared salt.

Ahuh.

Banjo Tooie was confirmed anyway, I believe.

Agreed on the Perfect Dark image, why use a poorly cropped, downsized part of a screenshot for the thumbnail when the 'PD' logo would look much better... therefore I reckon it's fake.

20qgu36.jpg

I'd like to point out that that photobucket account belongs to someone who works for Rare.

I'd like to point out that that photobucket account belongs to someone who works for Rare.

So then it could be true? I'm not complaining if it is, I'd welcome the original Perfect Dark to XBLA! Just that I don't want to get my hopes up. :)

Hmm probably just shopped in then, or they intentionally let it slip because if they didn't want it to be known about then they would be more careful about what images are uploaded to that particular blog.

Perfect Dark has aged terribly. It practically killed the n64 when it came out- I don't want to play it again.

It hasn't aged that badly... granted it would seem pretty simplistic by todays shooter standards but ironically playing the original today would easily hold up better than playing Perfect Dark Zero a few years from now.

Personally I think they were both decent for their time, with Perfect Dark, Rare brought something new to the table as opposed to making 'Goldeneye 2' or w/e and it was all the better for it; Perfect Dark Zero was fun to play when the 360 first came out despite it's terrible plot and mostly unlikable characters, not to mention repetitive objectives.

But I had quite a bit of fun with the online mode which was an excellent alternative to COD 2 at the time, however if they do ever make another true sequel I would expect Rare to give the series a serious redesign.

PD's framerate is horrible, and the graphics are busy and a bit jarring even compared to goldeneye's relatively bland looks.

I think PD and GE are still fun; the multiplayer challenges and the weapon's room and the duel and... yeah there were a lot of nice extras. I'd be up for trying to do multiplayer challenges with friends online vs bots but for a pvp game? Nah. Stick with the current gen.

I think this is real, i doubt Rare would Photoshop anything or have there fans on as a joke. It's just not professional.

I think this is real, i doubt Rare would Photoshop anything or have there fans on as a joke.

Those still waiting for Killer Instinct 3 to be announced might disagree given that it's been teased in everything from Christmas cards to actual games for well over 5 years.

Those still waiting for Killer Instinct 3 to be announced might disagree given that it's been teased in everything from Christmas cards to actual games for well over 5 years.

Its likely it will be at this e3 though. Everything points to it. :)

"There have been plenty rumors about Perfect Dark coming soon for XBLA... well... we can confirm that Perfect Dark is indeed on it's way to XBLA. This is not a rumor, it's coming! Not just that, there is a very large announcement coming from Rare soon (ahem in line with E3). We last heard that it wasn't known if they would go ahead and make this announcement but as time progressed, it looks as though it's all systems go. Expect a major surprise from Rare this June."

http://www.rare-extreme.com/

Bring on E3!!!!

The last Rare game I liked, I think, was Jet Force Gemini. Viva Pinata was pretty awesome but just didn't go far enough.

I detest their art style, but it suited VP so I didn't mind it then.

A "major surprise", eh?

I imagine most have you have seen this, even if it wasn't posted in here:

pdnoscale.jpg

Anyway, I thought this titbit might be interesting: apparently 'Bean' was the codename for the XBLA version of GoldenEye¹. Maybe it's back on, hence, "We last heard that it wasn't known if they would go ahead and make this announcement but as time progressed, it looks as though it's all systems go." To put that on a bumper sticker for you: PD and GE at E3.

¹Because of Sean Bean? Who knows.

Thanks for clarifying that Aimless :smile: I remember that pic and I recall thinking 'Bean? wth could that be...' so if it really is Goldeneye as well as Perfect Dark coming to XBLA then that is excellent news.

If its true, it might be that remake that was in development a while back........

goldeneye-xbla-xbox-world-360-hype.jpg

Don't pull at my heartstrings like that once again :( I remember the hype when the pictures were revealed last time. If they've secured a deal...it's an instant buy.

Yep sounds like it. They probably secured the deal directly. Afterall a remake would bypass any tangles with the original GE. Its a new product.

I hope you're wrong. I'd rather it was a new game that they were talking about.