NEurope

Donkey Kong Jr Game and Watch is £1.80.

Seriously....like....I know its not a huge amount, but its still extortion.

Considering the App Store sells pretty decent stuff for 59p.

But the question is, is stuff on Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony shop expensive, or did Apple just massively undervalue the App Store? You can get a massive iOS game for under a fiver when it would cost well over £10 if it was released elsewhere.

I don't think Apple price the stuff in the AppStore, that's down to individual developers - Dazzybee should be able to confirm this.

Apples business model is the polar opposite to Nintendo, Sony etc - Apple sees iTunes and the AppStore as a way to drive the sale of expensive and profitable hardware. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft sell hardware to drive profitable game sales. It is said that Apple make very little money from iTunes, and I guess the AppStore is much the same (although they may take a pretty large slice apps are moderated and stored at cost to Apple). If we're honest Apple do not give a shit about games, apps or software, their profits are driven by hardware, that's their priority.

Of course, if developers are happy selling stuff at 0.59p that's their business decision and out of Apples control. With Nintendo, if they're selling barely profitable hardware, they will want to profit on software - and probably take a significant cut of any digital sale.

Consumers will, however, compare the two stores - that's entirely natural and expected. The difficulty is where software appears in both stores what do you do - should Nintendo slash the desired price, match the AppStore and in turn make other exclusive products seem overpriced? Or does it price according to its principles - something they seem to have done? I wouldn't like to take that decision, personally.

I would argue that Nintendo need something to counter the onslaught of the AppStore; whether that be free games, cheaper games, more digital distribution for key franchises; I don't know - but they clearly need to do something.

Nintendo will re-release original Kirby adventure Kirby's Dream Land on the 3DS this week.

The Game Boy title introduced gamers to the pink puffball way back in the monochrome days of 1992.

It's also the first appearance of series antagonist King Dedede. The game lays out the franchise's fundamental features, including Kirby's inhale attack and platforming style.

Kirby's 'copy' ability doesn't feature however. It turned up a year later in 1993's Kirby's Adventure on NES.

Available this Thursday for €4 (about £3.50), Kirby headlines an otherwise meagre list of downloadable morsels:

Nice. Great little title, even though it's stupidly easy.

Yeah developers set their own price within their set prices - 59p, 1.19, 1.79 etc etc You can change it every day if you wanted.

I still think the app store has completely fucked up all perspective on value though. Look at the top 100 apps, 90% of them will be 59p, and they're worth so much more than that. But you have to price it at that otherwise it'll get over looked.

Just a glance at reviews, people moaning about shit that cosst 59p, moaning about it for some stupid reason, or complaing that a game costing 1.79 is way too expensive. Its messed up and, worryingly, it's moving in to gaming as a whole. now you can say it's a great thing for the industry because it's bringing pricing down, but I really don't agree. There needs to be a meeting in the middle... Though I do think Nintendo slightly over priced, especially their games (which are more expensive than everyone elses).

Personally, i think apple need to change their pricing and make the cheapest a quid or something, bizarre to say, but for the good of the industry i think 59p is too cheap for anything! The only way people will pay more is when everything gets upped so there's no choice!

I reckon I'll download Kirby on thursday! Still tempted by double dragon too!

Does anyone know what's going on with the 3DS Ware? I know nintendo have denied it exists now. But surely developers will want to create dsiware for more power and with 3D and use the hardware features? So bizarre!

Heads up, you can transfer Earthworm Jim from DSi to 3DS now. Happened to spot it was available in the e-shop and earlier and just transferred mine :)

Will be getting Kirby on Thursday as well.

Heads up, you can transfer Earthworm Jim from DSi to 3DS now. Happened to spot it was available in the e-shop and earlier and just transferred mine :)

Awesome. Now they just need to let you run games from the SD card. Why have all the squares if there's not enough room for that many items?

3D trailers ahoy!

Here are the trailers you'll be able to download between 1-20 July

Mario Kart

Resident Evil: Revelations

Star Fox 64 3D

Super Mario

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

3D trailers available from next week

Animal Crossing

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Luigi's Mansion 2

Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

Paper Mario

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28378/download-3d-game-trailers-on-your-3ds-from-tomorrow/

I just spotted a 3D trailer for Pro Evo 3D on the eShop..... only thing though it's got NO gameplay footage :heh:

Are the videos and the update available yet?

When I go into the eShop there is nothing new and when I try to update the system manually it tells me my 3DS is up to date already?

Downloading them now, finally, better late than never I guess NoE :heh:

Wasn't asked to do an update though

Downloaded and watched them all :)

A little dissappointed in the Resi one, was expecting a bit more Pop in that one, but still looking forward to the game anyway :)

The Starfox one looked awesome, makes me want to get the game now even though I wasn't planning on it, haha.

Can't wait for the next set of trailers to come really looking forward to seeing the Metal Gear Solid on in 3D :D

Well, it's nice to see some preview trailers for E3 2012. Never say NoE is always late to the par...

Oh, I see...

It's good they're downloadable. Now, C'mon Luigi's Mansion 2. I want to see some 3D-Poltergusting!

Edited by Strange Cookie

Well, it's nice to see some preview trailers for E3 2012. Never say NoE is always late to the par...

Oh, I see...

It's good they're downloadable. Now, C'mon Luigi's Mansion 2. I want to see some 3D-Poltergusting!

Quite.

Where the fuck is Luigi's Mansion 2?

I want to hear Prof. Elvin Gadd's Jibberish in 3D: peace:

Edited by Fused King

I'm really enjoying the amount of videos and content on the Japanese eShop

I'm really enjoying the amount of videos and content on the Japanese eShop

Please elaborate!

Compared to the UK one, there's just so much...even Wii trailers

Compared to the UK one, there's just so much...even Wii trailers

soon as new colours come on sale I am buying a Japanese version. After buying a Japanese Wii I should have trusted my judgement and got a Japanese 3DS instead of PAL machine.

The videos on it are all streamed rather than downloaded too, which is what should be the case

Doesn't have the E3 videos though

The videos on it are all streamed rather than downloaded too, which is what should be the case

Doesn't have the E3 videos though

There is a use for both, but for some things, I really think downloading and saving the trailers makes sense - as long as they're not horribly compressed low-res videos. You can show off and watch a saved trailer at any time.

I prefer the download ones, for one it's nice to have them on your 3DS all the time and you can show them off if you don't have a net connection.

And the ones that are streamed seem very compressed and low quality.

Although that said anyone else thing the new batch of trailers for download (with the exception of Paper Mario) they seem to be of a slighlty lower quality than you would think they would look when you actually have the game... not much mind just a little, certainly not a low quality as the stremed vids like the first OOT one