NEurope

I've not checked my 3DS yet, but I'm assuming that we didn't get the trailers then? :hmm:

If they don't become available today then yeah, we can all forget about it I reckon. :sad:

Seriously want to boycott the European eShop now, what with its inflated prices and missing content, but I know I'll crack when something like Picture Lives or Flipnote Memo goes up.

God I hate NoE. :mad:

I was planning on buying couple of dsware games but then decided against it after the trailers never went up.

I know for a fact I will end up buying a Japanese or US 3DS in the future sometime.

Took a look on the eShop, still no trailers. :nono:

And the quality of NoE isn't limited to the eShop either, oh no. Look what's happening right now on the various Club Nintendo websites:

11169511.jpg

Nice mention there about the Zelda soundtrack. :bowdown:

49592872.jpg

Ah, same on the Japanese site. Very nice. icon14.gif

29503924.jpg

Beautiful. :heh:

At least most of Europe even has a Club Nintendo, but of course Switzerland doesn't :angry: Whenever you think that you're getting the short end in terms of fan service, just remember us poor souls who have even less :weep:

Took a look on the eShop, still no trailers. :nono:

And the quality of NoE isn't limited to the eShop either, oh no. Look what's happening right now on the various Club Nintendo websites:

11169511.jpg

Nice mention there about the Zelda soundtrack. :bowdown:

49592872.jpg

Ah, same on the Japanese site. Very nice. icon14.gif

29503924.jpg

Beautiful. :heh:

I was :laughing: until I saw this on the NoE site:

European Nintendo website phishing possibility

We have learnt of a possible phishing threat to users of the European Nintendo website which we are currently investigating. The protection of our customers is our utmost priority and so we have taken the precaution of immediately shutting down some parts of this website until further notice. We would like to reassure you that we do not hold our customer’s bank, credit card or address details on the European Nintendo website and so this data is not at risk.

Phishing is when someone attempts to find out your personal information, such as usernames and passwords, by pretending to be a trustworthy person or company in an electronic communication such as an email or via a website.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Please do get in touch with your local Nintendo Customer Services if you have any further concerns.

:shakehead

Which explains why the site doesn't seem to be working properly/down for maintenance atm.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/european_nintendo_website_phishing_possibility_43237.html

Anyway Zelda soundtrack info is here:

Our official website for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is live

The official website for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for Nintendo 3DS is now online for all to enjoy.

This title is a remake of a classic Nintendo 64 adventure widely considered to be one of the best games of all time - and it returns on June 17th for Nintendo 3DS!

Want to know more? Perhaps you'd like an introduction to the gameplay and story? Or maybe you're a fan of the original and want to see what's new? Well, our official website for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D has all this and much more - just click the link (no pun intended) and take your first taste of this exciting new adventure.

Club Nintendo Members who register their copy of the game will have the chance to get their hands on an exclusive THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D SOUNDTRACK CD, featuring a slew of great tracks from the game score. But, if you want to get your hands on one, you'll have to register the game by the 30th of June 2011!

Not a Club Nintendo Member yet? Head here to join our Club!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is out June 17th for Nintendo 3DS.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/our_official_website_for_the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d_is_live_43207.html

I think i'll be boycotting the eShop, or atleast for now if they end up changing things. Link's Awakening is £3.70 on the America eShop, which is a great price and would convince a lot of people to repurchase the game, but no, NoE had to step it up. And now with this whole 3DS trailer thing and then the lack of DSiWare trailers they're clearly not putting effort in.

So basically, no NoE. Just no.

At least most of Europe even has a Club Nintendo, but of course Switzerland doesn't :angry: Whenever you think that you're getting the short end in terms of fan service, just remember us poor souls who have even less :weep:

I feel with you. We had a Club Nintendo many years ago with an official magazine and everything, but the service was discontinued. Eventually they even closed down the official forum, not that I ever used it, but it shows how little they cared. We always get the manual and covers in both Danish and Swedish but not Norwegian. It's like reading what a 6-year old have written, full of grammar errors and spelling mistakes.

At least you can access the store at all, stupid **** wifi thingie :hmm:

At least you can access the store at all, stupid **** wifi thingie :hmm:

Do you not have wireless router in your house?

No, I have wired connection. Not that I can't get a router, but they cost a lot. The wifi thingie was cheaper but now it doesn't work anymore.

Could it be that Nintendo of Europe is so lazy compared to NoA because there are much fewer customers here? I would have thought that there are just as many European Nintendo gamers as there are American ones, but it would be interesting to see the statistics. If the numbers are even anywhere near close then NoE really has no excuse.

I feel with you. We had a Club Nintendo many years ago with an official magazine and everything, but the service was discontinued. Eventually they even closed down the official forum, not that I ever used it, but it shows how little they cared. We always get the manual and covers in both Danish and Swedish but not Norwegian. It's like reading what a 6-year old have written, full of grammar errors and spelling mistakes.

Indeed, and the things that we do get, cost much more than everywhere else. :nono:

Just updated the 3DS. eShop is so nice, and some really awesome things on there.

Zelda's price seems a bit steep though. £5.40 or something. Steep.....

I was :laughing: until I saw this on the NoE site:

:shakehead

Which explains why the site doesn't seem to be working properly/down for maintenance atm.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/european_nintendo_website_phishing_possibility_43237.html

Hmm...

Not cool if that's what is going down. :hmm:

Then again, it could just be something that NoE fabricated in order to get the heat off them for the borked eShop.

"Oh, we couldn't add the 3D trailers to the eShop, because we were busy fixing a phishing possibility on our website." :heh:

Zelda's price seems a bit steep though. £5.40 or something. Steep.....
A bit steep? That's putting it mildly.

While I actually agree with Iwata's thoughts on the whole iPhone/app pricing issue that he mentioned at the GDC, that doesn't mean I'm happy for Nintendo to completely take the piss when it comes to pricing their own downloadable content. :nono:

Link's Awakening is a fantastic game, one of my favourite Zelda games of all time actually. But it's also 18 years old, and has already sold over 6 million copies at a much higher price. There's clearly no need for it to cost that much today and in a downloadable form... other than greed.

In my opinion eShop pricing should have been something like this:

GB = £1.00

GB Color = £2.50

GBA = £5.00

I reckon there'd be a lot more people buying if it was, I certainly would have got Zelda and Mario Land in that situation.

But never mind ey? :heh:

I bought Alleyway because I'm a sucker but SML and Zelda are waaaaay steep. Why is SML higher than Alleyway even. Just proves that they know they can get away with it.

Well, we now have a Green Lantern Trailer to download.

No sign of 3DS games. Not expecting them anymore.

I may email nintendo and ask about that pricing

i expect to not get a response, or one that completely ignores the question

Well, we now have a Green Lantern Trailer to download.
Just downloaded it, the quality is amazing! :o

But now I'm even more annoyed than I was before. :mad:

NoE, how the hell can you put this out for download but not trailers for your own games!?

Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

It'll be Shaun the bloody Sheep next, just wait. :heh:

Sexy GL goodness. I downloaded it and showed Claire. But can't watch myself due to dangerous things that may happen to me.

Nice to hear that you guys have a new trailer. I wonder how long it will take for them to send it my way :sad: Not to mention that your "over-priced" games are still much cheaper than they are for me.

I don't understand why they can't just update the eshop with the same stuff all at once in the whole continent, or even the world!

Can someone who can't currently see it try changing their location in the 3DS to UK?

Can someone who can't currently see it try changing their location in the 3DS to UK?

Doing that now, will post back with results.

Edit: Well would you look at that! Not only does it let me change the region and access the shop, but the trailer is there too. (along with reduced prices on all the games I might add)

Are there any downsides for me if I use the UK shop instead of the Swiss one? Will it suddenly block me or something and make me lose my potential purchases?

Edited by Adthegreat

Doing that now, will post back with results.

Edit: Well would you look at that! Not only does it let me change the region and access the shop, but the trailer is there too. (along with reduced prices on all the games I might add)

That's great news. icon14.gif

Welcome to the slightly less inferior eShop experience. :grin:

Are there any downsides for me if I use the UK shop instead of the Swiss one? Will it suddenly block me or something and make me lose my potential purchases?
Don't think so.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15725

Is it possible to change location to USA? :heh:

Is it possible to change location to USA? :heh:

Haha, I wish. I won't lie, at launch I looked for that option.

The only present downfall is that if you have any funds on your account, if you change region, you won't have those funds anymore till you change back to original region.