NEurope

Doesn't look like I'll be transferring any of my DSiWare over, as Flipnote can't be transferred at all, and with any other games you transfer, none of the save data comes with it! What a mess.. :shakehead

Are you sure about that? The Japanese site sounded like it did, but I was going off a bad Google translation.

For some reason you've transfer Earthworm Jim which I'm really disappointed about, wanted to play it again after I transferred it. Can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer it though.

According toa report on Gonintendo:

DSi to 3DS transfer details

- available June 7th

- transfer includes DSiWare games, your photo and sound data from DSi Camera and DSi Sound, and your Wi-Fi user information, including your Wi-Fi Connection ID

- DSiWare games and Wi-Fi Connection ID will be deleted from your DSi/XL

- copies of your pictures and sound data will remain in the original system

- update your 3DS to version 2.0.002 then download the free transfer app

- select to transfer individual items or transfer everything all at once

- select to transfer items from multiple DSi/XL systems on to one 3DS

- Japanese list of DSiWare that cannot be transferred

- once you've transferred data to the 3DS, it can't be moved back.

- DSiWare save data and DSi Points cannot be transferred over

- save data will be deleted from the original DSi/XL system along with the DSiWare game

So you can't transfer Flipnote!? :o And anything that can be sent, loses its save file!? :eek: That's just crazy. :shakehead

I'm not bothered by the borked DSi to 3DS transfer, as I still have my DSi and had no intention of transferring anything over to the 3DS anyway.

But it's a right kick in the balls for anyone that was planning to transfer over stuff in order to get rid of their DSi. :blank:

So you can't transfer Flipnote!? :o

Don't forget that they are working on a 3DS Flipnote, which is supposed to have many more features than the old one.

But it's a right kick in the balls for anyone that was planning to transfer over stuff in order to get rid of their DSi. :blank:

Well my balls are certainly aching from the news, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :( Looks like I'll be keeping my DSi after all, then, which is crazy, as I only ever downloaded a couple of titles, and I'm not likely to open them again, but I just don't want to know that my data, especially my flipnotes, are gone forever..

I'm increasingly happy I never invested in a DSi. Nintendo can't do anything right, it seems. :blank:

It's just baffling, it's good job nintendo make the best games and controllers because everything else they do is fucking atrocious! They really can't just do what every one wants them to do, even a lot of their games are seriously gimped, but they're so good we seem to forgive them. It's getting tiring to be honest.

This isn't going to affect me too much, not really bothered, but it's still awful. I'm going to transfer everything over and get rid of my dsi, what are the trade in prices for them currently?

Mighty N-Europers, I call on your mighty knowledge! Aside from Shantae, what other games would you fine folks suggest downloading that I can transfer to the 3DS?

Mighty N-Europers, I call on your mighty knowledge! Aside from Shantae, what other games would you fine folks suggest downloading that I can transfer to the 3DS?
PiCOPiCT

Bird and Bombs

Aura-Aura Climber

Photo Dojo

@ShadowV7 Look into all the WayForward stuff. I haven't got DodoGo but it looks cool to me. I haven't played a single ArtStyle game to date but RedShell's advice is usually always solid, so have a look into them too and see if anything takes your fancy. Nothing REALLY springs to mind which is pretty much the problem with DSiWare. :(

Do not get Dragon Quest Wars. :nono:

Got the update, and after 20-30 attempts, managed to download Exitebike and Pokédex. I assume that the numerous crash messages are just because it's new, and too many people are trying to download at once - I'm sure it won't be that bad in the future.

Anyway, Excitebike looks good in 3D, though I'm sure I won't be putting much time into it. I'm loving Pokédex 3D, though, and the graphics on the 3D models are amazing! Looking forward to being able to try out the AR stuff.

eShop = slick. :awesome:

Time for a name change on this thread?

Got the update, and after 20-30 attempts, managed to download Exitebike and Pokédex. I assume that the numerous crash messages are just because it's new, and too many people are trying to download at once - I'm sure it won't be that bad in the future.
I didn't get any crashes while using the eShop, but my 3DS did take a worryingly long time to restart after the update! :eek:

Anyway, Excitebike looks good in 3D, though I'm sure I won't be putting much time into it. I'm loving Pokédex 3D, though, and the graphics on the 3D models are amazing! Looking forward to being able to try out the AR stuff.
Love the effect when you move the 3D slider on Excitebike.

And yeah Pokédex looks spectacular, especially when you change the background to the sunset one. :love:

I passed on Black&White, so all of these Pokémon are new to me, but they look cool.

I really like Foongus. :laughing:

*EDIT*

DSiWare transfer animation is fantastic!

Almost makes me want to transfer something over just to see it on my 3DS. :hehe:

Edited by RedShell

I didn't get any crashes while using the eShop, but my 3DS did take a worryingly long time to restart after the update! :eek:

So did mine, figured it was normal since its updating.

Anyone transferred DSiWare stuff yet? Wondering how well they run on the 3DS. Also can you transfer from more than 1 DSi?

DSiWare transfer animation is fantastic!

Almost makes me want to transfer something over just to see it on my 3DS. :hehe:

That's really cool. Why couldn't they use that on eShop purchases, those balloon things are lame. :shakehead

I got Excitebike, it's really disappointing. It just makes me appreciate what an awesome job Monster Games did with the WiiWare sequel.

Is it me, or are things LOADS more expensive on the 3DS? Mario and DK is £7.20, but it's worth about £6 in points on DSi... It's worth buying it in points then transferring to the 3DS!! Tetris is £4.50, but about £3.75 in points

Same with everything else...

In other news. I'm well tempted by portable Tetris. Is the Party Live game meant to be any good? Don't know whether to buy it, or just wait for the new 3D tetris!

I noticed Shantae is now £10.80, whereas it was £12 on the DSi, so that's cool.

I noticed Shantae is now £10.80, whereas it was £12 on the DSi, so that's cool.

No it wasn't. It was 1200 points which is about £9

Oh right, I suppose you could get better value if you bought them directly (I bought a 2000 points card from a shop for £20). Fair point. Personally, I've never been keen on entering my credit cards details; less so after the Sony hacking. Thankfully pre-paid cards are on the way.

2000 points is £15 isn't it? Or even £7 for 1000 so £14

If you bought the points on the console then yes, Shantae worked out as £8.40 on the DSi (as it was £7 for 1000 points and a further £1.40 for 200 if you do the math).

If you bought the cards in store, then it worked out as costing the equivalent of £12.

Yeah, so the new store is loads more expensive than the old one (slight exageration), tempted to pick up a few games on my dsi and transfer them over before selling it!

Thought I lost my copy of Dragon Quest Wars, DS lost connection near the end of the transfer and it was gone from my DSi and it wasn't on my 3DS. Luckily I was able to download it from the e-shop.