N-Europe

N-Europe Mixtape Mix-up III: Revenge Of The Mixtape

Dyson

Likewise, except haven't been all that bothered, I've already had some track ideas...

Ditto, i'm including music from artists i am a fan of as well as songs i like. I got the songs i'm using stored in a folder somewhere.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto, i'm including music from artists i am a fan of as well as songs i like. I got the songs i'm using stored in a folder somewhere.

I wish I kept the folders from last time, as I had potential songs which didn't make it on the original discs.

I really don't know how to accomodate for my two :P I think one will be fine with whatever I pick, but I don't know the other's taste too well.

I don't think my mixes will be too different to last time. I don't have much new music actually on my laptop.

Dyson; have you done it so people are trio'd up and sending to each other, or is it all crazy random? Rephrase: the two I send to, are they the two I will receive from too?

It's all mixed up, there might be a few cases where you're both sending and receiving to each other but that's purely coincidental. I have it in a state of the art, brand new notepad file who's sending what to whom though, and can rough and tough (or at least annoy through PM's) those who don't send their mixes. :D

I'll have both my discs done and posted tomorrow afternoon, unless something goes completely wrong. I'm just using the same mix for both my recipients so at least if they don't like it, they can moan about it together. How thoughtful of me :D

Just sifting through what I have. A few little things have been niggling me so I'm see how I can move things around to get the best progression I can with what I've got and if needs be, change something. My opening and closing songs are perfect with the opener starting the mix off with a gradual pick-up before going nuts and the finisher just slows it down nicely. Anyone know any programs that I can use to edit mp3 files though? My finisher for some reason goes on for an extra minute after the song actually finishes and was wanting to try cut that off.

I've done 2 different mixes...but there are similarities. No song is the same (both discs feature some of the same artists, but for example, on Mix 1, artists X have just an "interlude" song, whereas on Mix 2, they get a full song).

How long is everyone's mixes? I've maxed out both, to be 1hour 17.

I've only put on 12 songs, going for about 48 minutes. It seems a bit short so don't know whether to put in a couple other songs or not. Just changed a bunch of them earlier and putting in some more would mean I'd probably end up changing even more as my mix is split into two distinct sounds (those who get my mix will understand when they see the tracklist/hear it) as it's how I wanted to tackle it.

One of mine has 20 tracks, the other 19.

While I beleive in editing albums to flow and be concise, I decided that I'm not making an album as an artist, so just to shove as many that I wanted on! (if they worked together)

I really wanted to do one of these cd's of awesome but I'm always late to join, am I too late again (I'm guessing so!) I could have a cd done in a coupla days if that's any good but would anyone be willing to swap with me? Pweese, I want some new summer tunes :D

Probably not. Just thought it would look awesome as a cover art. It's a very 80's style rock/metal art but there's only one inclusion of sort of 80's rock and it's in no way heavy. The mix as a whole isn't really heavy. Lightens up nicely at the end.

Despite the fact that I don't really like The Beatles, my album cover is going to be heavily inspired by their White Album.

EDIT: Just been through my collection quickly, and got a ragtag selection together. Just need to play with the order. As before I've picked some "unfamous" tracks so not everything will be familiar.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY