NEurope
Eenuh

Earth Hour - 8:30PM

My light is currently out, to be fair I do sometimes have it turned off anyway if I'm watching a film or something, anyway... I'm not sure if it will make a huge difference but still one less light for one hour, it's something. :smile:

Being in the dark for an hour doesn't bother me at all but what does bother me slightly is that the clocks go forward later which makes it feel like an hour lost >> even though it isn't really.

Edited by S.C.G

Lincoln Cathedrals lights are off! Turning mine off now!

Ah Damnit! I wish I was back in Lincoln, go around the spooky dark Cathedral!

We're over 15 minutes into this thing now.

Has anybody tripped over something yet?

I haven't participated, but I saw a bunch of buildings with their lights off. Only two or three floors in each one still had their lights on though, so it wasn't totally dark.

I'm watching Tomorrow Never Dies, so that's providing light for my room. I've switched off most of the lights in the house, but upstairs my niece is asleep so that'd be a bit unfair and would scare her if she woke up, and my parents refuse to turn off lights in the kitchen.

Well, I'm doing as much as I can! :heh:

This Jack Bauer?

Almost worthy of a slow clap.

Almost.

We're over 15 minutes into this thing now.

Has anybody tripped over something yet?

I walked into a stool that was next to the window in my sisters room, made a big bang against the radiator

I've remained firmly in my seat so I haven't tripped over anything just yet. Though I noticed a fly hitting of my TV, now it's dissapeared into the shadows. Plotting....

Compilation video of places in Asia and Oceania turning off the lights.

Turned off the single remaining light in my room, 35 mins late. *shrugs*

Saving by not having any lights to turn on ftw.

It's really dark outside so if I turn off the lights and all my electronics, I'd be sitting in the dark for an hour doing absolutely nothing. I'd happily participate for a couple of hours if I had the ability to read a book. It's a good idea, but it doesnt make sense to do it when we need lights the most. It would be easy enough to turn them off during the day.

Is it purely at night time so that they can take pictures of people turning off their lights?

It's really dark outside so if I turn off the lights and all my electronics, I'd be sitting in the dark for an hour doing absolutely nothing. I'd happily participate for a couple of hours if I had the ability to read a book. It's a good idea, but it doesnt make sense to do it when we need lights the most. It would be easy enough to turn them off during the day.

Is it purely at night time so that they can take pictures of people turning off their lights?

What difference would it make if it was done during the day?

Plus you can still keep your tv and computer and other stuff running, it's just about turning off the lights. This is mostly a symbolic thing. I don't get why people have so many problems with this concept...

ok, ok.. I'll turn off my lights.

You don't have to if you don't feel like participating. =P

It's a good thing my brother isn't here; he has an annoying habit of turning on every light he passes, even if it's sunny outside.

*switches light back on* argh my eyes! *switches light back off again*

Well im still in the dark, just chilling watching Brokeback Mountain!

:)

I'm in the dark, using the combination of my PC monitor and wind-up torch to see.

Yeh, that's not funny...

Anyway, our upstairs lights were turned off most of the night. So i contributed abit :)

I stopped watching that video, as it promised humour, but instead just gave me an old man telling me stuff I already knew. / His flawed opinion.

I stopped watching that video, as it promised humour, but instead just gave me an old man telling me stuff I already knew. / His flawed opinion.

Word, I concur.

Some old man? He'll be spinning in his grave